1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We are going to win the SuperBowl

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by deb4rockets, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

Thought his red zone interception came from him needlessly forcing the ball into traffic, instead of seeing that the play wasn't there and throwing it away? At least, that's what Zierlein was claiming this morning, that it was a decent play call, just bad execution on Watson's part.

That said, Watson is a special talent, and the reason the Texans will be counted among the contenders for a conference championship, so long as he plays here. This year, I see it playing out the way I thought it would a month or two ago: division title, tough WC game at home, against probably Buffalo, and if they win that, then a shellacking at either New England or Baltimore. The only difference now is I think they actually have a puncher's chance of winning the divisional round game in NE.

Still, this is why we have to play the games, because we don't really know what's actually going to happen.

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah, that was not a smart pass. He gave that one away.

3. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I would rather put the decision in his hands than anybody else’s. Live and die by your guy when he’s got the clutch gene in him. Also, you think Jordan made every play correctly? No he didn’t. As a young man you want to put him in those decision moments as much as you can now so that when the stage is biggest he has the experience already.

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's hard to see them being able to get the 3 seed. The Chiefs are rolling and finish at the Bears (out of it) and Chargers (out of it). Patriots might lose to the Bills, but won't then lose to the Dolphins. And in any case the Texans themselves have to win the next two, which is no sure thing.

Gray_Jay and hou$tonScrew$tonTX like this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't see the Texans in the SB. If it happens I will be the most shocked person on earth. I fully expect the Ravens to be there and win it. It would be great if the Texans just had a decent run, like finish strong and have at least one playoff win.

6. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

We will see if Lamar gets there. Playoffs expose a lot of things on and off the field.

Gray_Jay and conquistador#11 like this.
  7. ktex

ktex Member

I don't see it happening but I will give us a better chance than ever before, simply because we have actually have won some huge games this year.

8. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

True, but Bears and Chargers have won some games this year they had no business being in. And have fought hard in many of their losses. I easily can see the Chiefs slipping up and losing one or both. Conversely, the Texans should be favored in both of their upcoming games---though Tennessee should be playing week 17 like it's a playoff game---and the Texans hold the tiebreaker over KC.

I don't think it's the most likely scenario, but it's hardly a long shot.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Need Watt back and playing well to have any chance

10. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We just got one step closer! Woooohoo
    Our defense is going to get us there. With Watt (fingers crossed) we will be even better. Somebody wrap Fuller in bubble wrap and keep him on the sideline until then.

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I can't wait for Saturday's game! Keep the dream alive!

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Ive trained myself to just expect a loss and enjoy the wins when it comes to all sports... Its easier that way.

13. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

I think Dayshean Wattsun will throw lots of home runs and the Texans will win the NBA Championship.

14. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

The dream is still alive.

15. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

It ain't easy getting to the SB, let alone winning it. However, having a QB with the caliber of D. Watson, who is a proven champion, gives you a real chance. The whole team needs to catch fire and play well for 3 more games, but it can definitely happen.

16. hou$tonScrew$tonTX

I’m going to ride with you and the Texans @deb4rockets :)
    Go Texans! Go DWatson!

deb4rockets likes this.
  17. Mr. Space City

18. VanityHalfBlack

We'll get em next year. :)

19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Division champs