1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bucks & Giannis better than last year?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by JW86, Dec 15, 2019.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

I haven't watched them to be honest, but based on numbers from Giannis, their 18 game winning streak, their #1 record and their crazy net rating (+13.9) I was wondering how they are doing this? Have they improved even further because of Giannis? No more Brogdon to share with? What is it?

Regardless, I'd have to say if by the end of the year it still resembles these numbers with #1 record in the league than Giannis deserves the MVP way more than this year than last year. Harden while putting up crazy numbers does not deserve it as much as last year so far in comparison with the rest of the league.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

gianis vs luka vs lerbon death match

3. malakas

malakas Member

Except for Giannis every other starter is worse than last year. Middleton got injured and missed a significant amount of time , Bledsoe last season played 1st team all Defence this year and Brook Lopez now has turned into Brick Lopez.
    But George Hill is in excellent form and DiVicenzo now that he's healthy in his second season has been a revelation.
    Donte can fill a large gap of what Brogdon did.

This is the second season under Bud, so the offence is more fluid, they can execute flawlessly ATO plays and the defence is top quality again.
    So the team is better even if so far most of players are worse than last year.
    Of course Giannis is much better now, hitting 35% from 3s on high volume in December except he can't hit a FT to save his life.

roslolian, Vivi and pippendagimp like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's all about the Playoffs, hope to see some Vintage Bucks by then.....

malakas likes this.
  5. Blackjack84

Blackjack84 Member

they have had a pretty easy schedule like the Lakers the 2nd half of there season is tough

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Giannis and the Bucks come to play every night. They are a mature and disciplined team. Elite on both ends of the court.

Supremely jealous. The Rockets are not even close to them, unfortunately.

#6 J Sizzle, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Imagine being able to play these teams 4 times a year

Knicks
    Cavs
    Hawks
    Bulls
    Wizards

That's like 20 auto-wins for the Bucks. 1 quarter of their entire schedule.

8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it isn't fair gif.gif

Deuce likes this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

The East has been better than the West this year, so what's your point? Golden State, Memphis, New Orleans, Portland, San Antonio and Minnesota haven't been exactly lighting the world on fire.

Teams over 0.500
    West : 6
    East : 7

Teams with over 10 wins
    West: 9
    East: 10

Out of the 3 Bucks losses 2 have come from Eastern teams..Miami and Boston..
    So in fact they would be much better if they were a Western team this year.

10. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Yeah, but the East gets to play...well...the East a whole lot. I wonder how the East fairs vs the West overall so far?

roslolian likes this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

12. ilias

ilias Member

Had they kept Brogdon, they could win it all this year. They are a great regular season team, with the deepest bench in the league, great chemistry, and defined roles in offense and defense. Every night two or more bench players will contribute. But they lack the top end talent to beat the Lakers and the Clippers in the finals.

They need to trade the Pacers pick and some of their less used young talent (Wilson, Brown, Bender) for another playoff rotational player. Marcus Morris would be great on the Bucks.

13. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Yet we almost lose the wizards and cavs if not for the scoring brilliance of the beard.

14. malakas

malakas Member

It is extremely boring to watch. I watched more games in the 15 win season than in the 18 win streak season. It is a complete snoozefest, games are over by the third quarter there is no struggle or interest. Not even a high draft pick rookie to watch. You cant even enjoy wins because they were supposed to win them in the first place. Everyone acting so professional and clinical. Boring me out of my wits.
    I need to find a new team.

15. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This is the most offensive post I’ve ever seen.

16. malakas

malakas Member

Why?
    Games start at 3:30 am. Tell me a reason to bother to wake up to watch a 2-3 quarter murder. Then in the morning when I already know they won by 20-30 points why bother watch?
    It's not like they play a Hawks or Spurs style when it is a joy to watch the game in itself.
    I want competition and struggle. To be anxious about the result and be angry and then be happy after a hard fought win or sad about a loss. There is zero excitement. The only games worth tuning in are against 5-6 teams.

da_juice likes this.
  17. TimDuncanDonaut

Do the Giannis rules still work? He has a bit of a 3pt now. Is his passing still meh, or gotten better.

Jazz and Raptors used the wall. Below is one from Celtics.

[​IMG]

• Pickup early in transitinon
    • Build a wall. (against transition, and a half court wall against his drives)
    • Double the post with a big.
    • Switch multiple defenders.

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

My point is

Knicks
    Cavs
    Hawks
    Bulls
    Wizards

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

They're the Rockets but with better three point shooting (currently 10th in %) and better defense.

When the Rockets had those things they went 65-17 and almost took down an all time great collection of talent on one team.

J Sizzle likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The West vs East is 70-71 so far. So It's pretty much a wash. If you look at the standings, the conferences are spread pretty similarly. The East has a little more bad teams. The West has a little more below average teams. They have about the same number of good teams.

It's interesting that when LeBron moved to the West, people were predicting the gap between the two conferences would be even bigger. It turns out not the case so far. I guess the demise of Golden State has a lot to do with it.

Os Trigonum, LabMouse and malakas like this.