1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've seen enough..... end of year grades

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pippsux, Dec 14, 2019.

1. pippsux

pippsux Member

A=5 B=4 C=3 D=2 F =1

Harden A+
    McLemore B
    Westbrook C+
    Capela C-
    Tucker C
    Rivers C
    Et al C
    House D
    Dantoni D

Based on my caculations we are a C team destined for the 4th seed.

I feel so much better, knowing what this team is.

DaDakota, J Sizzle and hakeem94 like this.
  2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We don't have enough D. :oops:

How does Morey look at this team and think, "we need more wing players to play with PJ Tucker at center for small ball"

kjayp, cheke64, BasketMAD and 3 others like this.
  3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Ariza and Ryno (false hope) were two pieces that made me feel confident going into the playoffs. LRMM was also a pleasant surprise.

Maybe that's why I feel like we're always two pieces away from a true contender since that year. I hope Morty can flip food stamps into dented, past due caviar, but he's dragging bad juju into the cool kids club.

The money situation is different now. MDA is a known quantity. I'm thinking more bad than good, but he can sleep right whole knowing he doesn't have the team nor assistants he wants.

**** Landry's

4. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Small ball dont work,our starting 5 is not small and it's one of the best in the league. Dantoni needs to play Hartstein for defensive purposes ,and rockets need another pf,I been told people about markief morris and he had 15 points in 27 minutes off the bench ,hes the guy morey should be targeting

BamBam, smp and JamalP. like this.
  5. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

Teams with length kills us.

Bshaud, apollo33 and napalm06 like this.
  6. fattz

fattz Member

Are they graded against the league or their potential vs what they have shown?
    House and Capela need a better grade either way. MDA gets an F because Hartenstien and Clark’s DNP. The team’s length is on the bench.

7. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Pj isnangoidndefender but he’s not the rebounder that’s other small ball center(Faried, Draymond , even Morris twin) are. He never wins the battles and when the lose ball goes out of bound, he never gets the call. Im liking him less
    And less at the 5 position. That shyt only works before because we had length at pf and sf

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

but...your mom...

upload_2019-12-15_7-11-34.gif

9. pippsux

pippsux Member

Don't know what he is looking at, we are short and he wants to add length??? Need height and athleticism.

10. pippsux

pippsux Member

My own analysis...lol

Agree with F for Toni, but I'm sorry I expected so much more from Capela. Don't let his tap tap tap rebounding numbers fool you. But fine, I'll give it to you, what happened to his scoring? He till needs Harden to spoon feed him and is slowly drifting into Hack A Capela cause he can't shoot FTS.

House is a g league player who played his way into an NBA contract. Low IQ, I mean really low IQ

11. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Probably disconcerting that our "genius GM" doesn't really care much about minutes played. You'd think he'd be smart enough to realize that tired legs aren't a good thing.

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

What was the point in assigning numerical values to your letter grades?

tmoney1101, IvanLCPM, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Man imagine if my teachers view students like that.
    My academic career could have been over before the semester even ended.

Good thing, this isn't how we are graded cause im clutch during exams.

So long story short, let's wait until the end of the season to grade people, cause who knows someone will rise up and earn a "better grade via performance" during playoffs

14. RocketOrg

RocketOrg Member

Fair analysis. Regarding Capella, he’s valuable against smaller teams since he can grab some rebounds and thrown down dunks off of Harden and Westbrook. My main concern with him is that he gets pushed around by stronger players and has yet to improve certain aspects of his game. Not only is he still a liability at the free-throw line but he will never be able to step out and hit a jumper. This severely limits pick and roll situations. Most teams have big guys that can step out and shoot but not Capela. This is where the Rockets will get killed in the playoffs against teams like LA, Portland, and Denver. Then you add in the fact that we’re playing a 34- year-old PF in Tucker with no back up and you can see how this team is destined for a quick exit from the playoffs.

What’s a real bummer is that Morey is wasting Harden’s prime. Unless he makes a significant trade this team is destined for a third and fourth place finish, and he doesn’t have the cap space to sign anyone next year. Not to mention he gave away all of our draft picks in the OKC trade.

napalm06 likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

F=0

There is no value with Failure.

deb4rockets likes this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This team has a value of 34. Far lower than the $2.2B Fertitta paid for it.

Haymitch likes this.
  17. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We had length available
    but either we don't resign it
    nor play it

Hartenstein, Faried - Could both be on the team and productive
    Taller Talent - More useful than NeNe

Rocket River

18. pippsux

pippsux Member

What was the point of commenting on why I assigned numbers to grades?.... I just did.

19. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Incompletes, still a work in progress as Westbrook finds his niche and Clemons/ House/ Clark/ Hartenstein get
    more confidence with the defensive rotations and knowledge of when to drive and kick out.

Currently:
    Harden A+
    McLemore A- (never expected Ben to do this well)
    Tucker A- (solid play as before/last season......heart and soul of the team)
    Westbrook B+ (expected a B at best for the season.....getting healthy at this point)
    House B+ (played well until recent illness/fall..Rockets tend to be up/down as House plays. Need for true SF is clear)
    Rivers B+ (as good as last season, not great and not bad)
    Clemons B (many expected him to be in G-league only......anything a plus from Clemons this season)
    Capela B (expected A grade material from Capela...left it all in the preseason) A grade x rebs, C x the rest
    Tyson Chandler C+ (When he plays)
    Sefolosha D+ (Still trying to fit in with this team.....defensive rotations need tightening up. Hit more 3’s)
    Eric Gordon incomplete (C/ C- to start the season....looked out of shape)
    D’Antoni C+ (I need to see more than, “Give the ball to Harden on forced mismatch and clear out.”

Hartenstein (C+) and Gary Clark (B-).....at this point in their careers just need minutes at the big league level
    in order to learn opposing teams schemes and individual players favorite moves or spots on the floor
    they like to shoot from. Especially, “Go To Moves” (who is left handed or right handed)

#19 ApacheWarrior, Dec 15, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  20. bj3175

bj3175 Member

mda is an F