1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How are the rockets selling out their games?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Dec 12, 2019.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

It feels like attendence has really not been good this year. I check ESPN and we have 100% sellouts. I haven't been to many games this year, but a good 30% of the seats were empty and there weren't enough people at the bar to account for the difference. Are people/companies paying 200+ dollars for unused seats? Also why have the rockets raised prices for the cheap seats?

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

tickets are bought...people just don’t show up for numerous reasons

this has been the case for years now

TC is an embarrassing home environment...I struggle to name 1 good thing about it

it fcking sucks

empty seats, bad food, quiet building, in game entertainment is trash, Matt Thomas sounds horrible, the horrible “Let’s go Rockets” tune they play every possession even tho the fans never actually do the chant, the terrible lighting in the arena just exposing the vast amount of empty seats, etc...

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

i go to most home games and THIS year there are more empty seats for sure.

this year is worse, trust me. i'm seeing upperdeck 30-40% empty on weekend nights now. didn't really see that the last few years, not that bad anyway.

also, toyota center is NOTORIOUS for late arriving crowd and i put that on Les and Tilman. toyota center parking, security, usher, staff are the worst, super aggressive, unfriendly, downright make you feel awful. i've emailed the Rox about this for several years now, no changes. i've actually skipped games when i'm not in the mood to deal with it. also, Les is the real cheap b*stard. for being new toyota center is very blah... and has the worst training facility in the nba. Les never built one, used to rent Westside TC which is also shitty for an NBA team to have their facility at a Tennis Club. Fack Les, fack Toyota Center, Fack Tilman for not hurrying up fixing these issues, Fack the Security and the Ushers,

-edit- fack the tshirt cannon guys who only shoot the sideline seats and ignore the baseline. it's insulting and yet hilarious watching shirt after shirt land in giant empty sections of seats. sad and pathetic.

Riz, BallSoHarden, Blurr#7 and 6 others like this.
  4. Mattician

Mattician Member

The lower bowl always has a lot of empty seats. When watching the playoffs, the Rockets' home crowd is one of the worst.

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Supply and Demand.

6. Gabe0941

Gabe0941 Member

Bee doo bee doo. Clap clap clap clap clap

kdchilds, BallSoHarden, smp and 3 others like this.
  7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Spurs had terrible attendance in lower bowl last game. Did anyone else notice that?

Spurs fans are NFL fans without a home ... not really basketball fans, just 20yr bandwagoners with sore butts, now.

Der Rabbi and slothy420 like this.
  8. Victorious

Victorious Member

Are the red rowdies even rowdy still? Do they even have auditions anymore lol

Rocket River likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

OP b****in' like Jessie
    [​IMG]

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting

So I should buy the cheat seats then move down

Rocket River

juanm34 likes this.
  11. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

It's not a late arriving crowd, it's not Houston traffic, it's not bad food. This city just doesn't care about the Rockets.

12. rockets13champs

I think demographic wise: for rockets fans: the Asian, south Asian, Hispanic and black demographic only watches basketball. Rockets and nba in general struggle to get the white audience until the 2nd round of the playoffs

so we have to find a way to get white people interested in the nba again. To 1. Improve ratings and 2. Improve attendance

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Landry’s food vouchers should help get them white folks in.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Free copies of Shut Up and Listen to every lower bowl ticket holder.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  15. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Something something increasing urbanization of the TC experience

Lawlruschang likes this.
  16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Surprising to me to as well. I called about getting group tickets to Nets game and they have nothing available in lower section even though it is always seems empty.
    Can’t believe this many people just waste that much money and don’t use the tickets.

Lawlruschang and slothy420 like this.
  17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Lot of no-shows in the upper deck/non-corporate seats.

The city has never been passionate about the NBA other than the post-championship years till 1999. That was also at a time of no Texans/football and pre-MMP for the Astros. Those two facets alone cut into the devoted attention the Rockets received starting around 1995.

18. Damion Laverne

They need to stop selling all the good sideline seats to corporate partners. It's annoying

19. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Except there doesn't seem to be demand for the rockets but somehow they are selling out. I can't believe companies are cool with shelling 200 dollars for unused tickets. My company gave out out tickets to few games, but they were sub 100 tickets. Wish the rockets could resell those tickets.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  20. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

The postseason is the only time the rockets crowd seems to show up and act like a real home court advantage