1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets v Refs

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket River, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

When was the last time you felt the Rockets got advantageous refereeing for a game?

How often have you felt the Rockets got disadvantageous refereeing for a game?

Seems like we on the wrong side of every controversial call.
    This has been for years.
    (I still think Boston sent Shitsting In to pick a fight with Ralph in 86)

I am just curious.
    Cause to me...the Rocket at home get no home cooking. Actually quite the opposite.

Rocket River
    Frustrated with the NBA

slothy420, Smacktle, pippsux and 10 others like this.
  2. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

According to some posters were speculating the NBA is bias towards the Rockets. All teams are officiated the same right? Just ask the 02 Kings.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Jesus Christ shut up about the refs already. This place is insufferable when it wants to shift the blame on anybody but the team. The refs were not out to get us ok. You play better u win

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I hate the way we always seem to put the other team in bonus early in the 4th. That gives the other team a huge advantage in a close game. Those 4-6 extra free throws they end up getting can easily be the difference.

5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

We shouldn’t protest.....because we know it will get denied. Lol

Lawlruschang likes this.
  6. Reeko

Reeko Member

the refs will screw us in the playoffs like they did the past 2 years...people need to open their 3rd eye and realize that we will be dealing with a 5 vs 8 come the postseason

the refs are using the regular season to finetune their bullsh*t

Harden can somehow offensive foul u on a jumper...the refs and their BS knows no bounds

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

silver puts a little extra somethin somethin in a zebra's christmas stocking for every made basket they take away from wilt harden

8. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

all these instances are conferred directly w/ secaucus so it's not just the refs -- everything emanates from the league office on down

9. icewill36

icewill36 Member

I don’t believe they are out to get us, but I DO believe because of the perception that James just tries to trick officials all game, and leads the league in FT shooting they want to put him on the line as little as possible. Call as many fouls on the floor, or don’t call a foul at all that they can get away with. They already changed league wide rules to make it happen. But the points that they take away matter.

10. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

It’s a Houston thing. Houston Oilers kept getting screwed by the refs during the years of the “Steel Curtain.”

Instant replay was originally referred to as the “Refro rule”. Mike Renfro kept making spectacular catches that were
    called incomplete.

I think it’s because people in Houston are so nice that people feel like they can walk on them without fear of
    repercussions. Maybe not.

11. RocketsFan247

RocketsFan247 Member

I'm worried about the Rockets and their reputation among the veteran referees. Like it or not, we're on the worse side of:
    • Scott Foster
    • Mike Callaghan
    • Marc Davis
    • Ken Mauer
    • Tony Brothers
    • Ed Malloy
    • James Capers
    • Kevin Scott

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think callahan is retired. jon goble can be added to that list. this season it seems like the whole fuking herd of zebras are all in it though. All LA WCF is the rallying cry

13. WestendMassive

The scrutiny on Harden's actions on offense is the clearest evidence of Silver's agenda against him, and the Rockets.

The fact that they can waive off a made shot, call an offensive foul on James and then deny a challenge after he brushed someone's face on his follow through, who was all up in his landing zone, is horseshit of the highest order. ANY other NBA player would have had that shot counted and play would have moved on with no call. But since it was James Harden....

Even if the Rockets had the talent to win it all they would be pushing **** uphill. Harden's always going to be hated, the NBA isn't like WWE where it's fun to have a heel champ.

Not sure why I keep shelling out for League Pass every year. At least I don't feel guilty about pulling the VPN trick so I don't have to pay full price.

14. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Don't waste your money on it. It's a rigged sport. They're obviously gunning for the Lakers to win the championship again.

I don't want to play the Lakers in the playoffs, not because I think they'd destroy us.... but because of how much bullshit calls they'll get from the officials.

15. smp

smp Member

Yeah. If we end up playing the Lakers it’s going to be a **** show.

16. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

yeah dunno. seems that way. the games are so unsettling to watch. i believe the consistent moaning and backlash from fans and the media about harden has played a role. seems like that magical 2017-2018 season harden got those calls that he no longer gets in 2019.

darksoul35 likes this.
  17. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

If you think there’s not some refs trying to prove a point.. Or the league showing what happens when you put that China money in jeopardy... You’re incredibly naive!

18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Thanks for starting this thread, @Rocket River . It helps me believe I’m not going crazy.

19. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

20. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

The officials don't realize how much these calls hurt players mentality. When Harden made that dunk but it got ruled out, he probably had it on his mind for the rest of the game. Like tonight, he has a couple of 3pt shots ruled out and it's probably on his mind again.

It's key decisions like that can kill your momentum and change the game for the other team. Not saying they should see every call, but they're making a lot of mistakes.