1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fire Bill O'Brien

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by DonnyMost, Sep 23, 2016.

?

Should we fire Bill O'Brien?

1. Yes

76.0%
  2. No

15.9%
  3. Abstain (for the moment)

8.2%
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

No matter what happens in the playoffs O’Brien is here to stay whether some fans like it or not.

Now where do we go from here? I say we change the thread title to what O’Brien can or should do to improve the team to make this team a real legit super bowl contender and bring home a super bowl.

raining threes and body slam like this.
  2. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

And what makes a contender? Texans have beat 2 of the 4 best AFC teams (don’t play Buffalo...lost to Ravens). Should be one of the NFC top team 3 teams on the road (Saints).

Tell me....why cant this the team contend?

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

By contending I mean have a reasonable chance to win the super bowl. Not a long shot.

For example the rockets and Astros are both probably like 1 in 10 to win the championship or better. Texans are probably not even 1 in 30 and will get worse with the upcoming off-seasons

4. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I can tell you 2 reasons why and I won’t say because O’Brien.

#1. Defense. The defense isn’t chiefs bad but it’s a liability.

#2. Our slow starts. Can not afford to go into a big playoff game dragging ass in the beginning of the game and afford to go down 14-0. Then teams will just blitz us because they know we have to throw and our line won’t hold up.

And for just for fun

#3. Offensive Line. Howard got hurt and even with him healthy our line has improved but isn’t good enough to not be a liability against other teams that will be in the playoffs pass rush.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

We'll all be pleasantly surprised.

6. body slam

body slam Member

why will they get worse with the upcoming off-season?

7. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They will likely lose some free agents, are low on draft capital and they're unlikely to add any new free agents

8. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Salary cap

Maybe not next season, but the next 2-4 seasons we will have players due to get paid with no high draft picks to replace them.

Drafting good late-rounders and finding good undrafted players is the remedy, but that's a tough position to be counting on.

The past few years of bad decisions (Brock, Clowney, etc) says the Texans mortgaged some of the future. This season and next appear to be the best hopes for a championship in the next 5 years.

Mr. Clutch likes this.
  9. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Let's use Vegas. Texans are currently 20/1 odds to win the Superbowl, 4th best (Ravens, Pats, Chiefs) in the AFC (tied for 8th overall with the Vikings).

You and this "Getting worse" in the offseason. You do realize they are missing only the 1st round pick....and have will have multiple 3rd and 4th round picks in the 2020 draft? With 90+ million in cap space, How are they getting WORSE? Tunsil and Watson's extension won't kick in until 2021&2022 Respectively.

You hate for O'Brien has BLINDED you to reality.

Hey Now!, raining threes and Joshfast like this.
  10. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

You do realize that the Texans are only missing 3 picks in the next 2 drafts? 1st in 2020 and 1 and 2 in 2021. Those pick are likely someone in the mid 20s. We are not talking about top 15 picks. Otherwise....they have extra 3rd and 4th rounders in 2020. They still have 1st round picks in 2022 and beyond. You may have steals in Conley and Hargreaves (former 1st round picks).

They didn't mortgage anything.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

THEY ARE NOT LOW ON DRAFT CAPITAL....LOL.

Dude...STOP POSTING. You have been wrong on trades. Wrong on how the team is playing. Wrong on Texans beating the Pats. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

raining threes likes this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Read fking #4540.
    B4 accusing me of moving fking goal posts.
    Who fking cares about beating teams in big games during regular seasons, hes fking 1-3 in beating teams in elimination game.

Hell i did a long ass post about how him and garrett r the two coach w/ long tenure but did jack sht with it.

13. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Read
    Post 4540 and a little bit later.
    Compared to coaches at his tenure duration hes hot garbage compared to the rest in terms of results during PLAYOFFS.

U can keep harping BoB regular season and afc south titles like the man is good while outright refusing to acknowledge hes dogsht sht in playoffs where the best teams compete against each other and its single game elimination. Like hell the games werent even close, if i recall.

U can throw all kinds of regular season achievements, but it doesnt change that hes
    1-3 in playoffs.
    Almost 6 years of tenure best he got was to divisional.
    Him and garrett r fking bad.

Dont b telling me regular season results r just as vital/important as post season results.

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Doesn't matter Brian I’m here for a long time Brian whether you like it or not Brian.

So stop wasting your time coming up with reasons why you believe O’Brien should be fired and give some opinions on what you think he should do to improve the team and bring home a super bowl.

raining threes likes this.
  15. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

So, your second sentence means your first sentence is a lie.

Nobody from the NFC East is contending.

Also, as others have said, we're just as much a contender as some of these other teams.

I'm sick of the Woe is Us attitude Texans fans, in general, have.

raining threes and Joshfast like this.
  16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

No. If i wanted to ride this mediocre coach jock, i would have make a different thread. This one is this dude should b fired.

I honestly dont think We are ever gonna win it all with this coach. He doesnt have the killer mentality, always playing conservative when leading, that sht not gonna work all the time. Sht time out management, inconsistent playcalls.

I guess u can say the man is improving. People point to the chiefs and patriots, but tend forget to mentioned the ravens.

If u read my previous post about coaches with similar tenure, u can see what an underachiver this coach is compared to his peers. I dont get why theres still BoB defenders.

17. raining threes

To be fair BOB was saddled with the incompetence that was Rick Smith.

18. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I don't get how you can watch something you obviously have no hope in, can't enjoy any win, hate the coach and owners (and any players BOB is responsible for getting) and by the absolute volume of your posts about the topic - makes you ****ing miserable.

Do you watch purely to hope they lose to get some kind of "win" for yourself ala @Mr. Clutch on a basketball forum's freaking sub-forum about football?

19. raining threes

To be fair BOB's been much more aggressive this year than in past years. Look at the Chiefs game as an example.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Do you mean, "they didn't mortgage anything" or "they can survive what they mortgaged?"

One statement is downright false, they other could perhaps be true.