1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Spurs 12/3/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Tucker played 50+ minutes

That's just outright negligence

MrSabotage, Houtho, BasketMAD and 2 others like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

altho arguments can be made about other websites, this still rings true, like america and freedom

3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

rockets postgame:

"Im not worried, in fact this loss is great for our team" - Westbrook

4. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They shouldn't be worried. People make too much over these losses, they are still 2-3 wins from where they want to be, missing key guys, it's far from the end of the world. Not like they are playing catchup like the Blazers.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey has brainwashed everyone in this org into thinking everything evens out because of averages.

Then things like 0-27 happen and we just kept jacking up bricks when we could've changed up the gameplan.

Morey will just say, "it's okay, we'll it'll average out next time!" when there is no next time.

deb4rockets and CapelaOnlyFan like this.
  6. farhen

farhen Member

and they choke.. :p

7. HP3

HP3 Member

This was a pretty awful loss, I mean idk. People shouldn't be able to camp in the lane like this and have it affect Harden this much. He has to make the floater or just take the two even if its inefficient. Tonight is what could happen in the playoffs....I'm really frustrated right now.

8. macan

macan Member

this L gonna come back and bite us when we are fighting for the top 4 seed by the end of regular season...just like that OKC loss last year...

J Sizzle likes this.
  9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I am VERY disappointed in this loss, trash shooting and decision making from Russ, but I love his IDGAF what you think attitude.

I have to be careful because I know this is what started the cult in OKC. and how he tricked the media into loving his inefficient play.

J Sizzle likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That was different because the Rockets were fighting back the back half of the season. At least the Rockets have built a cushion. Even the Rockets best season had some truly awful loses.

11. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

Y’all forget we don’t have Gordon right now right?

Let’s relax everyone...

But anyone else just super freaking disappointed that Westbrook and Harden don’t do anything spectacular together plays wise like Lebron and AD do? It’s Lebron and AD’s first year together but they playing as if they’ve been playing for years while on the other hand, Harden and Westbrook have played together before but they playing like they don’t really know eachother.

12. shlhl

shlhl Member

These are games you should win and it will bite you in the end.

13. Remlap

Remlap Member

YOU are telling me that Jeff Van Gundy could have outdone MDA and had
    a better record than Steve Kerr and the stacked Warriors? That's delusional.
    If JVG is SUCH a HIGH CALIBER coach as what you are describing, why is he sitting
    in a broadcast booth? Teams would be LINING up to pay him gobs of money to
    take their teams to the TOP. So, WHY aren't they? YOU know something that 29 other teams don't?

As for the 'currently unemployed' Dave Joerger, who was run out of town by Memphis
    and even Sacramento (I understand he didn't click well with players or management, is THAT what we need?)
    Same questions apply. If HE's better than a .700 coach, (which would put him in Tier 1 of the NBA), why is he sitting at home?

Frank Vogel is doing well in LA yes. With 2 superstars in Lebron and Anthony Davis, that's a no-brainer.
    Vogel is a good coach. But is he available for the Rockets to hire?

fckbandwagons likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They shouldn't lose these games and Harden has been pretty good on his floaters so I wouldn't worry too much about that. It was a bad night for him, a terrible night for Russ, Clint was the only guy playing great from start to finish out there.

Also that pineapple head got stupidly hot. I'm over it tbh. The teams above us will drop games like this too, as long as we're not dropping too many games to sub 500 teams we'll be fine for seeding.

HP3 likes this.
  15. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I dont think Morey is this stupid.

He has said many times he can provide coaches analytics and then they choose what to do with it.

Our reliance on 3's is an MDA choice. A 3 pointer was worth just as much when Mchale of JB or JVG or Rick adelman was coaching ... and morey had done the math back then too.

16. TilmanFinancialWindfall

Triple double

CapelaOnlyFan likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You should win but you don't always win these. Even that legendary Warrior team dropped a game to a bad team. Russ is right, **** happens. Move on, go on to the next one.

Some random guy got hot, Rockets started to play dumb, a few bad calls, this crap happens.

18. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

you joking right? You not worried about horrible Westbrook shooting? We are not getting no chip with this type of play from him. Its still Harden or bust with this team and I was thinking adding Westbrook would change that and thus far I just dont see him just getting good at making shots.

19. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

20. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yes, but they had plenty of great wins too.

Not a single great win for the Rockets thus far. Haven’t beaten a good team outside of the Clippers who didn’t have Paul George.