1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lakers schedule

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ThatboyPhuong, Nov 24, 2019.

1. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

Is it me or they have such an easy schedule?

arabrocket and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They have had the 11th easiest schedule.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Based on the refs assigned to the games?

pippendagimp likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Played 6 winning teams (4-2) but have also beat the teams they're supposed to beat.

#4 J.R., Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

y’all so desperately want the Lakers to be trash when reality is they’re a good team led by ol’ Bron and AD

we’ve had an easy schedule as well...they’re good, and they beat who they’re supposed to

6. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I noticed that, too. On the one hand, you could say the NBA wants them to start off well so they could build up their confidence. On the other hand, if you're the NBA, you want them to play the best teams after Christmas when the public is more interested in the NBA. Both factors played a role, I bet. Either way, easy teams, and not many back-to-backs are what they got and they have taken full advantage of them.

They are better than I thought they would be, especially defensively. I didn't think they could play another big with Davis successfully, but they are. I didn't think Howard had much left or that he would behave, but he has a lot left and it looks like he finally understands what it means to sacrifice. I didn't think James would play a true point guard game, but he has and it looks like he is buying into Vogel's coaching and playing defense.

We'll see what happens when they hit some adversity. I don't like that LeBron got Vogel to publicly complain about officiating when they're winning. We'll see if James could last playing at this level. It would behoove him and the Lakers to implement some load management especially during this part of the schedule. He isn't playing big minutes, though, and he has not played much in this calendar year.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

most of you believed the lakers wouldn't even be good. and that they would fall off bc bron is going to get hurt or he cant carry a team anymore. and Ad would get hurt and be out. now it's their schedule.

8. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, they only beaten two good teams, that are Heats and Mavs. All other beaten teams are just bad or average teams, do not know how they can get so easy schedule for months.

9. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

We do, as well. But, we can stay out of our own way. We've let some really bad and mediocre teams look like the 80s Nuggets against us. I'm more concerned about our defense and ability to let cellar dwellers stick around late into the 4th Quarter.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dun play the Rockets until January - March.

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They do. It is by design. Their schedule is back loaded with good teams to maximize *ratings* in the spring for the TV outlets.

This was something many people pointed out in August when the schedule was released.

RealRocFan47 likes this.
  12. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

The lakers are 3 and 2 against teams with good records

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

while the rockets are 1-6

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ok? The Rockets are 2-5 against teams with a good record including getting slapped around by the Mavs, a team the Lakers beat on the road. The Lakers are a good team, y’all need to give it up already.

15. TimDuncanDonaut

They're on a good start, got AD (and got rid of Lonzo and the gang). When GSW was getting all them championships, people still hated the lakers.

Evan Alaska,... Alaska? :eek:

[​IMG]

16. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i'll say one thing though, the fakers get homecourt treatment wherever they go. sperms had 4 FT attempts at end of 3rd last nite. and in that win at dallas, fakers got every conceivable call/noncall down the stretch including letting dwight get away w/ the bearhug to help them get to OT. there is a common theme amongst every team playing the fakers this season -- they're complaining to the refs nonstop from start to finish with utter disbelief at the endless calls/noncalls

everyday eddie likes this.
  17. Jontro

Jontro Member

easy for them because they are probably the greatest team ever assembled

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A shame that Utah is a big state.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  19. JW86

JW86 Member

Exactly and they are beating winning teams, while we just lost to 3 very good teams to wonder if our run was perhaps more due to an easy schedule. I'd say Lakers are legit.

20. ThatboyPhuong

ThatboyPhuong Member

It’s crazy how little of a back 2 back they have as well. Adam Silver really did them some justice.