1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Spoiled children: Wake up.....and appreciate what we've had/have.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Nov 21, 2019.

1. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

there is no ready response because without eric Gordon at his best as a safety value, we are stuck with a lot of 1 dimensional three point shooters who are only good from certain spots and need to be right near the line.....they can't hit a deep 3. AND the other team knows this so its easy to defend them and gamble for steals....they know what we're going to do.

they know Clint capela can't hit a jump shot....

Basically we don't have the talent unless all our guys are healthy. We are a top 7 heavy team....

Blurr#7 and ak99999 like this.
  2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Close enough...Been waiting for a setup to this for years...

Plowman and slothy420 like this.
  3. JackLordsHair66

[QUOTE="Plowman, post: 12720120, member: 1967". I realize there's not a lot of solace in being placed second. But, Damn..it took the League's intercession/injury to keep us from AT LEAST one title of our own. We've had a GREAT team.
    And still do..We possess arguably, the greatest offensive player of all time. The best player in the game today, whose been doing historic things on a regular basis...for years. James has had multiple MVP's stolen from him. (just like the NBA title (s) )
    [/QUOTE]

Didn’t realize losing in WCF meant we were the second best team in the NBA, on that note ... look we all are passionate about the Rockets and we ALL want to win a title, it’s frustrating to watch other teams out there spend the money and make the best moves possible to surround their star (stars) with great quality supporting casts and we continue to budget shop the last few years (ok so they had a real shot two years ago but CP3 fell off a cliff after that). We can’t seem to ever have much bench depth and some of our starters aren’t great shooters despite our offense really relying on that as a key requirement of playing on this team. Not having House and Ego hurt last night of course, but frankly having McLemore show out in 1/6 games, or Rivers bricking 3 after 3, or PJ being relatively invisible (I know he takes on so much of the defensive load got it) just isn’t going to cut it against these better deeper teams. Russ gives us an added dimension we’ve not had before but he just isn’t a great shooter and that’s another “compensation point” that is hard to get around when playing a team like Denver who clearly has a good defense and good solid depth players. During that 8 game win steak I was hopeful, and still am to a poin, we can contend but I think this team has some serious limitations whenever Harden is shut down (and 27 is shut down for him!) that we probably don’t have the roster to overcome at this point

jcmoon likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

to all the trash crybaby posters who get erect when the team is struggling

[​IMG]

D-rock, sirbaihu, MVP4THREE and 6 others like this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've already nominated a GARM Post of the Week, but if I hadn't already . . . THIS would be my choice.

Reeko likes this.
  7. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Or you could be impressed with their defensive scheme. No streak lasts forever and there's no big shame in a team being better for one night. Hopefully we'll learn from this one and move on in LA. Beat them Clippers!

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

@Air Yordan @ballgame @BasketMAD @BigBum @bmelo @fchowd0311 @Highlyrated @jerryclark @JW86 for sure @ksny15 @Le$$ @LorneMalvo @PeterKingX @rocketchamp @rockets13champs @TilmanFinancialWindfall @Tomstro @yoeddy

9. HP3

HP3 Member

You mean give credit to the other team, pffff nah I’ll pass, I’ll just hope we destroy them next time haha :D

Os Trigonum and don grahamleone like this.
  10. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Yeah I am that way about the rockets. I hate the way they play and I cannot stand their lazy ass coach. Regular season games don’t matter much but of course I want them to win. I mean, they’ve only been my favorite team since 1981, not that I care what a stranger thinks of my level of fandom.

But yeah I cannot stand the turnovers and the bricks and the lazy crappy defense. The NBA on the whole has lost a lot of its appeal for me over the last decade or so.

I also cannot stand how the texans play. I still root for them but honestly they make me miss my beloved Oilers, who were heart stabbers almost every year lol.

BasketMAD and Highlyrated like this.
  11. jcf

jcf Member

so, basically folks younger than you or older than you?

Os Trigonum and Tomstro like this.
  12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

Enjoy it while we have it, in 5 years we will have a team with a Chase buddinger and Kyle Lowry equivalent, while the Mavs potentially have an elite superstar that reminds us of Harden.

D-rock, fryjol7 and Blurr#7 like this.
  13. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

14. Roc Paint

Susie wants another championship

15. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

rockets13champs likes this.
  16. TilmanFinancialWindfall

rockets13champs likes this.
  17. rockets13champs

18. rockets13champs

This rockets team has become heart stabbers of the last 5 years but we still love of to death. It’ll just make the chip that much sweeter my friend

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

is it too late to tank for zion?

20. Roc Paint

No, but I think it’s too late for Mr. don’s ****list

don grahamleone and Jontro like this.