1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Russell WestBRICK

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

Should not be shooting more than Harden.
    This guy cannot shoot. Please make him stop!

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Boy str8 SUCKS.

In my humble opinion.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Winning 8 games in a row was wearing thin I guess. Happy you guys can finally get your frustrations out with the loss. feels good.

#3 DreamShook, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

Harden should stop walking the ball up court and waiting to be trapped late in the shot clock. He can get a shot anytime if he is aggressive.

Highlyrated and Jontro like this.
  5. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

Houston needs to get 1st seed and win celtics, bucks, heat, nuggets, Lakers and clippers easily. Otherwise, harden cannot be considered as MVP.

Rocket River, ParaSolid and Houstunna like this.
  6. BigBum

BigBum Member

MVP with no ring is disgusting.

how about 10 times mvp without winning the west?

Id rather have 3 rings without any mvp.

BasketMAD, Highlyrated and ShutURBiG! like this.
  7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Rockets winning 8 games was a combination of Harden's insane brilliance and playing mostly mediocre teams.

In our 8 game winning streak, Harden averaged

42ppg on 46/42/81 shooting

WB averaged

22ppg on 38/21/74 shooting, 5 assist with 4 turnovers

If WB is abysmal at scoring efficiently, if he's a bad defender, if he can't pass without turning the ball over, then what the hell is the man good for outside of some solid rebounding?

We made a big mistake bringing him in. #TeamCP3.

ronclone, BasketMAD, thekad and 5 others like this.
  8. Jontro

Jontro Member

i told @Clutch this would happen, but breh didn't listen. he was too excite for teh wb/cpthree trade.

9. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

He's good if he just attack the basket when starting a fast break. Other than that, Harden should have the ball in his hands the whole time.

#9 Rockets4lf, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  10. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Clutch hated the trade, and I have a feeling (correct me if I'm wrong Clutch) that he still absolutely hates the trade and knows WB in Houston is a trainwreck.

I bet he's just waiting for everybody else to turn on him before he piles on, because right now the majority of fans still think WB is an all-star caliber player.

Everybody is going to see it once Harden cools down a little, once we start facing stronger teams. I pray that I'm wrong and that I eat crow like a mf. But I hate what I'm seeing.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Keep that same energy when the Rockets win. You better hate this dude when the Rockets do well too. No heel turns from #TeamCP3.

full disclosure I liked CP3 too, but homie is gone, start rooting for the players we got. Feels like the people that hate Russ are just waiting to pounce at every turn. criticism is different than hate, this feels like hate.

12. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Dude, I'm all for the Rockets winning, I'm not anti Rocket in the least bit.

But hating on WB for me, is what hating on Brewer was to everybody a couple of years ago. Love our team, want us to win, and disgusted with WB's game. Always have been. I think the CP3 for WB deal was a huge mistake, therefor I will keep posting #TeamCP3 lol.

tycoonchip and hakeem94 like this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

He is a bad player at this point.

This was a disastrous trade.

14. Caprah

Caprah Member

The issue was they got almost 30 more bench production.That was game right there..blaming Russ is ridiculously bad

15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

CP is WASHED.

Get over it. Jesus Christ.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

CP3 is a better player than Westbrook on a shorter contract and didn't cost 18 picks. We would have been far better off keeping CP3 and using those picks on a better supporting cast. Tilman ****ed us with this stupid trade.

17. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden is playing the best ball of career with Westbrook. He genuinely looks happier, more motivated.

That is WAY more important than any difference y'all might perceive between CP and Russ.

This team lives and dies with Harden.

18. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

Harden will have the best playoffs of his career with Russ.

You can @ me when it happens.

19. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Yet he still better than Westbrick.

#TeamCP3

20. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I was originally against the CP3 trade, and I'm on the fence as of right now, but there are 2 sides to this coin. Just because Westbrook plays poorly, doesn't mean Paul is playing great. Paul was 1/7 last night with only 4 points. We lose this game with CP3 as well, maybe even worse.

A lot goes into weighing this decision beyond just stats. Remember Robinson's tip in years ago that lost us home court against the Sonics, who eventually beat us in a 7th game overtime on the road. Small regular season plays can make a huge difference in the playoffs.

CP3 missing significant time last year potentially cost us a higher seed, which may have let us play a banged up GS in the conference finals instead of the semis. CP3 isn't getting around anyone these days. I doubt you'd be defending Paul after a 4 point game. The truth is, neither player is good enough to be the "Robin" with the way this team is constructed. I do think the way playoffs are officiated favors Westbrook over what CP3 will be n 6 months, if he's even in them.