1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

So the Astros 2017 title is tainted

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by rockets13champs, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. astros123

astros123 Member

Lmao i saw this on someones instagram story. Lance LOLOL

[​IMG]

2. King1

King1 Contributing Member

They're bums now? Go root for another team. You've been miserable for days because you spent a lot of money to go to the game and they lost. At least be honest with yourself

lw17, mikol13 and jklb like this.
  3. astros123

astros123 Member

Did you not read my post r****d. That was someone else's feed that I screenshotted.

And also, as a fan that has had season tickets for the past 3 years. I have spent countless amounts of money that have probably directly paid for some of these allegations. I have the right to be mad about the cheating allegations and so does everyone else.

sew, REEKO_HTOWN, htwnbandit and 2 others like this.
  4. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Pretty sure he wasn't the one that made that story and was taking about LMj's response.

lw17 and everyday eddie like this.
  5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/...bandages-may-have-been-used-to-relay-pitches/

I love this article.

What? These executives are giving the Astros ideas lol, buzzing bandages?

They are just pulling stuff out of a hat now. This is literally some FO member for another team going "Well, maybe they could have used bandages or something like that." completely out of left f'n field.

everyday eddie and King1 like this.
  6. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Good. They should ask you to help contribute to the fine as well.

htwnbandit likes this.
  7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Can you imagine being so bad a covering up cheating that you do it via email? Should have hired real criminals and not these Wall Street nerds.

Joe Joe likes this.
  8. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I think the Astros are guilty and will have punishment coming their way.... but Dan’s comment makes absolutely no sense. It’s completely idiotic.

10. omgTHEpotential

That tweet sounds very r****ded, indeed.

11. Beezy

Beezy Member

Hottest topic on the baseball Reddit:

12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Here’s about 45 minutes of the Yankees cheating in the 2000 World Series. Or I’m assuming that’s about how long Clemens is on the mound. We can go anywhere with this bending/breaking the rules in baseball.

SS0101 likes this.
  13. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Well. For all of you hoping the entire league was being looked at. Only focus of MLB is solely on the Astros.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Yep. We are screwed.

gatsby and conquistador#11 like this.
  15. SS0101

SS0101 Member

This is just my opinion, but if MLB opened a can of worms, I dont think they would tell us they opened a can of worms.

The verdict/punishment will tell us more than any statement leading up to it. If the hammer comes down, then it was just us. If it is light and swift, then I think that means they stumbled upon a bit more than they wanted to get involved in.

htwnbandit likes this.
  16. CinematicFusion

So the RedSox and Yankees got caught stealing signs late in the 2017 season. September of 2017 is when the articles came out.
    1. How long did the Red Sox use the iwatch to their advantage before being caught?
    2. How long did Yankees use Yes Network camera before being caught by the Red Sox?

When did these games take place for the Astros in 2017?
    Reason is... if it was before September, the fine should be the same as the Red Sox and Yankees.
    All of this occurred at the same time right?
    It has been said sign stealing was huge across the league in 2017.

IowaAstro likes this.
  17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Asked today if MLB was aware of the Astros' sign-stealing tendencies/schemes before last week, Rob Manfred said this: "We have over time monitored various rumors that you hear throughout the industry, made preliminary investigations and tried to satisfy ourselves that we knew exactly what was going on. But certainly not with the depth and detail."

Rob Manfred declined to reveal a timetable for the "very active and really, really thorough" ongoing investigation against the Astros.

"Any allegation that relates to a rule violation that could affect the outcome of a game or games is the most serious matter."

Rob Manfred said "right now, we are focused on the information that we have in respect to the Astros" in regards to broader sign-stealing issues

Asked whether other teams could be involved, he said "I have no reason to believe it expands beyond the Astros at this point in time.”

Manfred on potential discipline: "The general warning I issued to the clubs I stand by. It certainly could be all of those things, but my authority under the major league constitution would be broader than those things as well.”

18. Screaming Fist

Those are not very promising comments for us, as an investigation limited to the Astros only makes it more likely that the Astros are made an example of by Manfred.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

that sub is absolute poison

Handles and RocketJedi like this.
  20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

If I'm Jim Crane, and I'm listening to that jackwagon Manfred drone on and on about how this is an individual issue with the Astros and nobody else, I threaten to go nuclear at the first sign of a hammer being dropped on us. Everybody and their ****ing uncle knows this is a league-wide issue, and I'm sure the Astros can very easily obtain evidence to show other teams using technology to gain an advantage on the field. Does Manfred really want a league-wide scandal, and more importantly, can he really afford one?? Baseball is ALREADY at a point of losing viewers.....with an impending strike coming, and the potential for another scandal, MLB might not be able to survive this. I think it behooves EVERYONE to give the Astros a moderate punishment that clearly sends a message, and then never speak of this again. It's obvious who the driving forces behind any type of death penalty-type punishment are, and it's evident that a lot of them support teams that were implicated in cheating in the not-so-distant past.

mikol13, gatsby, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.