1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 11/18/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 18, 2019.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Not only a b**** with his whining, but a lying whining b**** to boot.

Maybe if he had a more masculine nick than Dame.

jcmoon, Reeko, saleem and 5 others like this.
  2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Westbrook really needs to stop taking those damn long 2's. I'm fine with the 3's, I'm even fine with the 10-12 footers, but it's like he's physically incapable of not taking 5-7 really stupid long 2's. When he started the year he seemed to be restraining himself, but he's right back to taking them on the regular now.

I guess because of the way he is nobody is gonna tell him to stop, but it's a clear area he could improve. He is so much more effective when he's attacking and with Harden shouldering so much of the load he should have the energy to do so.

Otherwise no complaints about this one.

jboslett and vlaurelio like this.
  3. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Yep

D-rock likes this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good, boring win.

hakeem94 and JayGoogle like this.
  5. Pandaemonaeon

Pandaemonaeon Member

I'm so lost. I was told by the pundits that Harden and Westbrook couldn't possibly coexist. Are you telling me I was lied to?!

6. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

Lol, Harden is a stat padder. He ain't gonna openly admit that he doesn't care about his stats.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Lol wut? By this time you dont thibk he cares more about winning? Cant even give the guy the benefit ot the doubt

D-rock and saleem like this.
  8. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

:rolleyes:

saleem likes this.
  9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Next victim: Denver at their house. I'm confident!

D-rock, hakeem94, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  10. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Every team has their kryptonite, if you're lucky, it'll be some bad team that won't matter at the end of the year.

For Denver though...yeah, they have not matched up well with us during their Jokic era.

hakeem94, jcmoon, Roomba and 2 others like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

as long as we can stop their transition game with all those wings, beardo will feast on them for fitty

hakeem94 and BaselineFade like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good lord, the Joker has been very mediocre this season, they are still winning.

Was expecting 20-10-8

#792 daywalker02, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    JayGoogle likes this.
  13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Dane was right. James is a great scorer but some of the foul calls he gets are ridiculous. You can’t even breathe on him.

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Our has drastically improved in the last 8 games, but still a work in progress so it can get even better. To that end, need all the practice it can get. If transition D remains a weakness, then it needs to be corrected or at least minimized.

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  15. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

No, you can't FOUL him. Because that's what defenders are doing.

But not a shock considering the poster.

#TheBeard, hakeem94, Reeko and 3 others like this.
  16. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Thanks a lot.

Gray_Jay and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  17. saleem

Eric is our hero. Get well soon.

D-rock, hakeem94, jcmoon and 4 others like this.
  18. saleem

You deserve a lot of likes for this awesome post.

D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Good, he is a Rocket.

DD

xtruroyaltyx, saleem and BaselineFade like this.
  20. JW86

JW86 Member

Really impressive victory, dominated almost from start to finish and our key trio in Westbrook, Harden and Capela all looked very good. PJ & House did monster work and MDA trusted Hartenstein - for now - that paid off. McLemore was forcing things a bit and I would've liked to see more Clemons, but it's all good. I really loved Capela's energy, Harden and Westbrook's dynamic with some great drives, floaters and hustle. Harden brought it on defense once again and anyone not seeing that is just hating at this point, since I was blasting him for not playing defense much in the first few games.

What I loved the most was House and Tucker with cuts and drives to the basket, that interception by House which was not meant for him will hopefully lead to our guards and MDA realising we need more of that. I saw more trust from Harden in passing it up when double-teamed and giving it to guys in the post area. I finally saw adjustments and or what the defense is supposed to look like with our bigs not always switched out on the perimeter, it looked damn good. Individually, Harden was a monster in keeping bigs out of position, same goes for Capela and House on his first 3 defensive plays almost stole it. He's really good. Also Westbrook and Rivers brought the energy on defense. Tucker is always steady.

If we keep this up, we are really just one dynamic 3/4 away from truly dominating the league. MDA, please keep playing Hartenstein and Chandler. The energy, mentality and hustle seems to be there to be a top 10 defense for the whole year, though it wouldn't be a shame if we wouldn't end up there with our personnel. This game was the most dominant I've seen this team this year.