1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mr. Rockets ain't gonna do much Jefferson React To Last Night's Game

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macan, Nov 14, 2019.

1. macan

macan Member

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

3. sungjina

sungjina Member

4. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

Rockets surprisingly played good defense last night though. Jefferson clearly did not watch this game.

macan and don grahamleone like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well let's face it hate marketing works for broadcasters and the media. None of them get fired or pay any consequences for being wrong so they all pick somebody to hate on like Skip Bayless vs Lebron or Colin Cowherd vs WB.

It stirs up drama and then they get more opportunities to be on tv so they can talk about why they hate X.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Didn't even click. Why y'all wasting time on this.

Talk is cheap.

Wins are everything.

hakeem94, JeffB, napalm06 and 7 others like this.
  7. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

I watched it and he didn’t complain much like he does on the regular ESPN shows. He and Jacoby actually were talking about how hard it is to cover Harden and that he can score on anyone and in many different ways. They talked about Russ comments and Pat bev and Austin calling for a T on his dad

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

RJ has a little too much sugar in his tank to be taken seriously by me.

Mr Chuck Norris likes this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I don’t actually disagree with him here. That’s why the podcast form is better for getting full fledged thoughts on sports or whatever. TV is just about quick two sentence sound bites.

(although Rich Jeff does come off as kinda a douche I have to admit)

Harden statistically is up there with the all time greats. Wilt, Kobe, etc. with that comes the analysis of why are you different than the all time greats. How do you go from the class of Nash, Karl Malone, Barkley, to that tier of greats like Lebron, Jordan, etc.... it’s about winning a championship and what’s missing about this team is the type of defense that the great teams those players played for in the title years had. It might be unfair but that’s how NBA people are. No other sport has that sort of pettiness about status but it’s just the way it is.

Last year after the horrible swart, and a couple of past seasons, I do think Hardens Rockets teams have had great defensive stretches so it’s not always been the case, but this season in a vacuum does not imo show a championship level defense. But that could change with a few roster moves, or a reckoning with DAntoni where he doesn’t coach like normal DAntoni.

10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

11. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Nah..

upload_2019-11-15_7-9-47.jpeg

roslolian, hakeem94 and slothy420 like this.
  12. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So glad I cut cable/sat and no longer have ESPN. Quality of life has improved, you all should try it!

Mr Chuck Norris and hakeem94 like this.
  13. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

ESPN affected your quality of life?

Really?

14. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

As an avid RJ hater, the video was fine except when RJ regurgitated the same "Rockets trying to out shoot their opponents is not going to win championships" talking point when the Rockets had their best defensive game of the season

#14 DreamShook, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    D-rock and hakeem94 like this.