1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Geez... tonight I lost two PIT RBs (Conner and Snell).

2. NewRoxFan

Same problem: I have AJ Green on IR on my roster, but Yahoo is designating him as "Q" so I need to put him on active roster (5 player bench). Happened last week but late in the week he was designated Out and thus I was able to leave him on IR and make needed moves (dropped Mattison, added Brissett to fill in for Ryan). Since CIN is on bye I have a hunch he won't be designated "O" this week. I can sit tight with Brissett and hope Yahoo doesn't do more to make me move AJG. Or, I can try to make a trade (last efforts were unsuccessful) like Henry and Ridley/AJG/Michel in a 2 for 1 trade. Or, I can simply cut AJG. Any advice?

3. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

Proposed Trade:
    Send: Sony Michel
    Receive: DJ Chark

WRs: Edelman, Lockett, McLaurin, Ridley
    RBs: McCaffrey, Gurley, J. Howard, Freeman, Mixon, Walton

2 RB, 3 WR + W/R/T league. Half point PPR

4. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

12 team standard

Send: S. Shepard (NYG)

Receive: R. Woods (LAR) and R. Freeman (DEN) OR J. Winston (TB)

My current roster:

QB: C. Wentz (PHI)

RB: C. McCaffery (CAR), P. Lindsay (DEN), J. Howard (PHI), A. Ekeler (LAC), J. Mixon (CIN), R. Bonnafon (CAR)

WR: K. Golladay (DET), J. Brown (BUF), S. Shepard (NYG), E. Sanders (SF), M. Sanu (NE), T. Boyd (CIN)

TE: D. Waller (OAK)

K: C. Boswell (PIT)

DEF: BUF

Should I accept either trade?

5. NewRoxFan

Normally I don't like trading away RBs but Chark has had a great season and I am not all that optimistic about Michel (heck, I just traded him with Hunter Henry away... for James Conner). The CBS and FantasyPro trade value charts both say Chark has higher value than Michel... so I'd say make that trade.

Hustle Town likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

Mt initial reaction was "push accept NOW." Shepard is a decent WR but injury riddled and Tate, Engram, and Barkley will compete for targets. Woods has been a big disappointment (along with Cooks and Goff) but hopefully with Cooks likely gone for a while, Goff and Woods rebound. Freeman is a time share but still like him rest of season. Jameis is Jameis but I am starting him Sunday over Wentz.

I will be honest, your team is really deep as is, and your biggest challenge will be deciding who to drop. You will have to drop 2... guess you would drop Sanu and Bonnafon?

Lil Pun likes this.
  7. Lil Pun

That's exactly my problem, can't figure out who to drop. I don't want to drop Bonnafon since CMC has been appearing on injury reports lately. My initial reaction is to drop Sanu, since Brady spreads the ball week to week.

Which trade would you take? I'm thinking of Woods and Winston. Winston has put up decent numbers and has a favorable schedule upcoming while Wentz is the opposite.

8. NewRoxFan

Sorry, I missed the "OR". That actually makes it a bit easier since you only need to drop one.

I am not that big on handcuffing, just to handcuff. If the RB is proven like Samuels, Edmonds, or Mattison... sure. But Bonafan is such a question mark. Would they operate just the same with Bonafan as they would CMC? I really don't think so (I am a CMC owner btw). I'd rather have a proven RB, even if the situation isn't as good.

CBS likes Freeman a bit better, FantasyPros like Woods significantly more. You could really use Winston at least this week. While I think having a talented NE receiver I don't really see Sanu being better than your existing WRs so if you really worry about CMC I guess I would agree that Sanu is droppable.

9. Lil Pun

So you would drop Bonnafon and keep the proven players. Given the circumstances would you take Freeman or Winston with Woods?

10. NewRoxFan

I think you could use Winston this week and maybe others down the road. So that means you are trading for Woods and Winston. Since Woods is better than Sanu, I'd drop Sanu and keep Bonafan. Sound good?

11. NewRoxFan

@Lil Pun
    One reason I am optimistic about Jameis Winston:
    http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/...d-or-wired-you-can-win-with-winston-no-really

12. NewRoxFan

just as a fyi, Sterling Shepard (concussion protocol) was cleared to play Sunday.

13. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

got offered phillip lindsay and odb for chris carson.

kinda thin on wr, so could use another one.

what do?

update:

he offered me lindsay and emmanuel sanders for mark ingram, so i took it

#253 fallenphoenix, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Zach Pascal or Danny Amendola? I gotta stream one of them this week

15. NewRoxFan

Pascal with TY out.

16. mulletman

mulletman Member

Trade question:

I have Wentz as my QB in a 6 pts/passing TD league. He’s been underperforming all year thanks to an injury to D-Jax and thus no downfield threat. He’s on a bye this week. After that, he plays against NE before the schedule gets easier down the stretch: SEA, MIA, NYG, WAS.

Someone offered me Brees or Prescott + James White for David Montgomery. Would you take this trade?

My other RBs are Chris Carson and Tevin Coleman (we start 2).

Thanks!

17. NewRoxFan

I needed a QB after drafting Cam... I overspent to get Matt Ryan (and Mattison, I have Dal Cook, so he was key), giving up Curtis Samuels and Devonta Freeman. The other owner jumped at my offer and people thought I was nuts giving up two starters (though not on my team) for a QB and a handcuff. Even though Ryan got hurt I still think the trade was good for me.

So are you a PPR league (increases value of White)? Hate to give up Montgomery just as he is finally delivering, but it depends more on roster construction. Do you have any other RBs? Week 11 you lose Carson and so your RBs are Coleman and White... and is Coleman healthy? Montgomery's bye has long passed.

mulletman likes this.
  18. mulletman

mulletman Member

Thanks for the response. I play in a standard, non-ppr league. Next week will be tough with Carson on a bye. So I’m left with starting Coleman (he is currently healthy) and White. No other RBs on my roster, but Damien Williams (KC) is available.

We also start 2 WRs and a flex spot, but aside from next week, I’m set at those positions with DeVante Adams, Lockett, and Kupp.

Normally, I would consider this an overpay but Wentz just hasn’t delivered like I had hoped for.

19. NewRoxFan

I have Wentz in one league. Surprised they didn't get a WR before the deadline. but they seem to think they are good with Sanders in the backfield and the two TEs. Trade or no trade you need at least one more RB. Damien would be worth a shot. And White as a non-PPR isn't quite as useful because Michel, Burkhead and Bolden get the goal line work. White did have a bunch of TDs last year, but not so much this year (1 running, 1 receiving).

20. itzIce

itzIce Member

Trade question:
    PPR League- I have both Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson and in need of a RB.

Proposal: My team- Jackson & Travis Kelce for Aaron Jones & Hunter Henry. If you're the other team (QB is Goff), would you accept?