1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Giving Danuel House some love thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 6, 2019.

1. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Before the season started, SF was undoubtedly our biggest concern on paper, last year D.House didn't crack the playoff rotation after his contract induced hiatus....but our boy D.House has held it down starting at the 3 so far this season.

8 games in... he's averaging 13 ppg, 5 rebounds, 1 block on steller 48/46/81 shooting percentages. Low turnover rate at only 0.8 per, and low foul rate at only 2.0 per. He brings a combo of shooting, size, and athleticism at the 3 that I think has low key been very important for our team.

Feel like his performance has been flying a little bit under the radar, so I started this thread to give him some luv.

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

One of the only bright spots

s3ts, JuNx, PhilCollins and 1 other person like this.
  3. alcatrazpsycho

Who does Danuel House remind me of?

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

House needing love in the GARM after last year's thread storm of approval is funny. House has been great. House and EG got paid, but House was the only one that seemed determined to show people he earned the money.

It's weird now that House has been doing so well no one is giving the I told you so's.

s3ts, BasketMAD, xtruroyaltyx and 7 others like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Everyone knew he was gonna be great after he signed a 3M deal lol.

It's like nobody is saying I told you so after Rivers signed a vet min deal.

Rivers for vet min and House for 3M a year, couple that with Maclemore, Clemons, Thabo, Tyson Chandler and of course WB upgrade over Cp3. Lots of people were taking a dump on Morey after the Miami game but he did a great job offseason bringing talent to the team. It's just that Dumbtoni couldnt prepare the team well or even play the right guys since he just loves Tucker at C.

6. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not surprised by House's performance at all. He looks about the same as last year. The problem is the bitter taste we have still from his playoffs. It was Luther Head-esque. I thought a few weeks ago that House was expendable because of Mac and Thabo, but as of now I think I trust House the most.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  7. fattz

fattz Member

House fits with Harden and Westbrook. He is what the team needs more of going forward. A glue guy power forward Shane Battier type with Tucker covering both spot off the bench with starters minutes takes us to championship. Amile Jefferson is our perfect obtainable solution, with a phone call and 2nd round pick. He is a Blue Devil’s winner fundamentally sound TEAM player, that is to good to play in the g league but the team he is on has drafted power forwards for the last 5 years.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

hakeem olajuwon

hakeem94, B-Bob, ThatBoyNick and 3 others like this.
  9. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

i don't think he's flying under the radar at all..you know when mike didn't say anything negative about when asked about but says, "i like danuel...he gives you what he's got", that's a good thing...

if he keeps this up, he'll be our best bargain signing since beverley. i like the effort he shows on defense - man, help, and transition defense. he worked on all the things he knew he needed to in order to get to the next level and has improved his shooting too...he doesn't hesitate, has a quick release.

he is definately one of bright spots on this team.

I still would rather have a better defender starting at the three if we can get one and move him to the bench. But for right now, he's a good stopgap.

D-rock likes this.
  10. smp

smp Member

House got plenty of love last year. People were pissed when Tilman let him go to save money then brought him back just before the playoffs.

It would have been much better to keep him on the team the whole season to get the chemistry dialed in. That’s part of the cheap ass mentality we are dealing with when it comes to Tilman. Professional teams need time to gel. It’s not like a bus boy you can let come and go at any time without hurting team chemistry.

House is giving us what we he has already proven he can. It was a surprise last year for many of us but not this year. He’s been a great role player for us and seems to keep getting better.

11. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Can we also give House positive vibes? And if we give him too many vibes and they come pouring out of his cup, can the extraneous positive vibes flow over to Ryan Anderson? I feel like he needs them.

MorningZippo, hakeem94, HP3 and 4 others like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Danuel House is playing a dangerous game.

s3ts, amaru, hakeem94 and 6 others like this.
  14. jamisonrocket

jamisonrocket Member

Von Wafer with defense

kevcai likes this.
  15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

There were plenty of people last year saying house wasn’t worth anything and we should let him walk.

If we would have signed him earlier instead of letting him rot in the G league we would have been a 2 seed instead of 4. Who knows what could have happened then.

16. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Lol

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Yup
    "House wasn't worth anything."
    "It's just 10 games, he's not gonna keep it up."
    "It's just 25 games, he's not gonna keep it up."
    "CF overrating another scrub."
    "Anyone can do what he's doing, he's nothing special." (Signed Carmelo, James Nunnally, Iman Shumpert, ...)

[​IMG]

Eat **** House haters!

s3ts, Denovo, lionaire and 1 other person like this.
  18. Remlap

Remlap Member

Eric WHO???

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

This is a guy we need to keep and build with for the future. Be nice to have a power forward like him that can give us similar impact.

s3ts and Remlap like this.
  20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member