1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We have about ten or so more games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jcmoon, Nov 5, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Not at all, Westbrook leaves his man all alone at the 3pt line to chase a rebound if it happens - he is KILLING our perimeter D....

The way he plays is not conducive to winning on this team - he is a competitor and HUSTLES, but he doesn't play D, chases stats, and then is a lousy shooter....and turns it over too much.

Right now he is a CHEMICAL SPILL all over this roster.

DD

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You don't think Westbrook is disrupting his game? Or frankly everyone's game?

Less shots, less rebounds, less minutes.

DD

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Gothca. Disruption can be good, bad or neutral. I'd say Russ has mostly provided good disruption.

And the grammar Nazi in me compels me to note that all of your examples should say "fewer" instead of "less." ;)

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

This is such a dumb post.

PJ doesn't play SF. He plays PF or C.
    EGo plays SF or PF (yikes!)
    Austin Rivers comes on to play some SF.... ai yai yai!!

(totally agree we need to switch EGo for someone taller! It doesn't HAVE to be EGo, but a rotation player in the "6'4 and under crew" needs to exchanged for a 6'8+ wing)

5. TilmanFinancialWindfall

I said sf and of... autocorrect. There is no of position. Two midgets and we get out rebounder and no interior d

6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Don't worry - I was agreeing with you anyway!! Just in a facetious fashion

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. D-rock

D-rock Member

You are always so wrong, it's not even funny anymore.

Deuce and Richie_Rich like this.
  8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

This is why im against resigning 30+ year old role players before thier contracts expire... At any moment they can fall off a cliff.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

My response to the "if he hadn't hurt his hammy..." hypothesis has always been this: The hammy wasn't really unexpected. He had been hurt in two of the three playoffs seasons before we got him. Each healthy playoff game he played was a minor miracle. The deeper we went into the playoffs, the more likely he would go down. The risk was much higher than many people thought. It's not just his age. It's his history. And we all know that injury risks increase when you get older.

I wasn't against the trade when it happened. I thought if he didn't work, we'd use that slot for someone else. But once that contract was offered, I knew it was part of the deal when we traded for him, and the cost was too much for the potential reward. You pretty much gave up the future for a window of about 1, at most 2 shots at the title.

We traded him for Westbrook to extend that window. But it's not going to be a big extension because of Westbrook's reliance on athleticism and speed.

#29 Easy, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    bullman0036 likes this.
  10. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

You are a stupid if you think Westbrook is the problem.

11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Tucker does not need to be guarding bench players. That’s a waste of his all-defense caliber abilities. Yes, in an ideal world, he would average 25 minutes a game, but those minutes need to come guarding the opponent’s best wing scorer or a really good post player that he doesn’t give up too much height against.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. JackLordsHair66

Hopefully he starts to play better otherwise not many teams are going to jump on a trade for him either the way he is shooting and playing in general. Wonder wtf happened to him over the offseason, he doesn’t look especially out of shape as he was never a really the poster child for athleticism (Harden same deal), but despite his ok game last night, he has just looked pretty lousy.

13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Who cares as-long as Westbrick avgs a trip Dub and Harden avgs 40pts pg for the season!

14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Did you know that we are the only team in the Western Conference that is undefeated against the Western Conference so far

D-rock likes this.
  15. riko

riko Member

I would gladly take Turner off their hands.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Of course I knew. We played three of the worst teams in the West.

D-rock likes this.
  17. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

You do realize that historically EG has been straight trash until after All star break. He does this every year.

18. Moahst

Moahst Member

I feel like all the bad takes are in this thread. No, in ten or twenty games it is not the time to make a dramatic move. That's still the first quarter of the season. We need to be the best version of ourselves in the playoffs and whatever struggles happen before is mostly noise. Capela is not losing rebounds to Westbrook and even if he was it's a net neutral situation. We can't afford to have PJ Tucker come off the bench because we need at least one elite defender in our starting line up. Harden, Capela and Gordon will eventually trend towards their career averages, that's what happens over time. We don't really have the pieces to make any big trades so our best course of action is to wait it out and hope we find a defensive voice.

19. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Morey gave away our future by attaching 1st round picks to bad contracts.

jcmoon likes this.
  20. RocketRoller

RocketRoller Member

It is definitely time to panic. We're 4-3. No team has ever started out 4-3 and won the championship. Not in baseball, NFL, NBA, NHL, men's volleyball, WWF, NOBODY. Okay once in curling, but that was after the broomhandle scandal.

Please accept my facts without question.

topfive and jcmoon like this.