1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston Nepotisms: Formerly Houston Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

The roster wouldn’t be so flawed if the owner had resigned Ariza, not gone limp on trading for JaMychal Green... not forced his GM to dump multiple #1’s to get rid of Anderson... been serious about going into the luxury tax and had allowed the Rockets add Patrick Patterson.... last had been willing to pay the going rate for elite assistant coaches.

Try building something nice and having your “boss” come and **** and piss all over it.

NIKEstrad, D-rock, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If / When Morey leaves …. this franchise goes down the shitter.

He's been the one constant during this stretch of good years - not a single season below .500 in his entire tenure , given us multiple Allstars without tanking …. always manipulating the CBA in his favor …. until basketball reasons get in the way. Damn near took out the toughest sports dynasty in the last 30 years …. all while staying under the tax line.

Morey goes , this franchise implodes.

D-rock, Jontro, Nook and 2 others like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm already at the point I want him to sell …. Three consecutive years not using the full amount of any MLE version.

Constantly dumping assets to duck the tax …. All while telling us he's willing to do anything to win …

I've had it already. If Tilman sold the team today , it would be a day too late IMO.

Jontro, D-rock, Nook and 1 other person like this.
  4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The only reason the Rockets only have that one leg in their ballpark is Morey …. I'm going to be really sad when he's gone. He's up there with the best GM's in all of the sports world IMO.

You have to wonder what he'd have been able to accomplish without all the limitations he's been saddled with between both owners.

Der Rabbi, Jontro and D-rock like this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

which begs the question, why hasn't any team try to hijack mauri? he would be great in dallas with an owner like cuban

6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Didn't Philly try and he ultimately decided to stay put ?

Jontro likes this.
  7. Jontro

Jontro Member

oh. i vaguely remember. was it because he wanted to see out the harden era?

i want to see mauri succeed and it looks like the rockets will not win one as long as the tillmen name is attached to this team. thank god the astros are good

8. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't recall his reasons for staying …. But I bet he would like a mulligan on that decision.

All the assets they've wasted in avoiding the tax … that in itself would do it for me.

Think about how much better they could be having actually used their MLE in the past three years.

What if they hadn't thrown all those assets away in ditching Ryno's contract …. and had that $20m expiring on the books right now ?

Letting Ariza walk because he put them in the tax - What did Phx turn Ariza into ? Oubre ?

Blowing a #1 in ditching Knight's final year and avoiding the tax for Shumpert and then not taking advantage of his bird rights ?

He's been doing cap gymnastics for three years …. having to throw away assets in the process while trying to field a contender. He's put two MVP's on the same roster …. and 9 guys on minimum contracts. FFS.

Yeah , I'd bail on Tilman if Philly offered me the job …. they are willing to do everything it takes to win championships from tanking it up to spending the bucks.

Der Rabbi, Jontro and D-rock like this.
  9. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

... bosses son.

Jontro likes this.
  10. Jontro

Jontro Member

i think other owners are aware of this. if not for mauri's tweet, i bet he would have tons of offers next offseason. but he just signed a new contract, would he be able to bail if someone offers a new contract?

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

He's under contract and has to honor it …. obligated to honor it , unless he's fired.

Jontro likes this.
  12. HTownTmac1

HTownTmac1 Member

Plot twist ... what if he ended up being really good for the organization?!

13. Jontro

Jontro Member

...by selling the team to an arab sheik who has unlimited money with a thirst for larry o'brien trophies.

daywalker02 likes this.