1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Heat 11/3/2019

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 2, 2019.

1. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

"We're not in trouble," Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said after his team fell to 3-3. "But if we think we're not in trouble, then we're in trouble"

jerryclark, malakas and hakeem94 like this.
  2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Mda messed with the starting 5

Plus south beach

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mike D with his Zen Quotes.

malakas likes this.
  4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

GOAT

5. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

After skimming the thread, I noticed there are a lot of "panic sellers" at the moment. Hey, I was frustrated too. But given a large number of games across many seasons, you're going to have huge outliers eventually where most people think the sky is falling. Some crazy ass **** can happen if you play enough games, trust me.

If this stretch happened in the middle of the season, it's possible we might not even notice it. But since we've started like this right out of the gate, it holds more weight in our minds and can be tough to be objective in the moment.

I get that our defense isn't great, horrible in fact so far, but opposing teams have been shooting insanely above expectation from the 3-point line which makes things seem worse than they are. James Harden is averaging 35 PPG despite shooting a whopping 21.5% from 3-Point line. As a team we're just over 30%. These numbers will regress to the mean and normalize over so we can get more of a clear picture instead of doing something drastic after a 6 game sample size.

hakeem94 and HP3 like this.
  6. bmelo

bmelo Member

Maybe he should write a book and not coach the team.

It wasn't effort thing or 'it just didn't fall thing'. And if he thinks that we are in trouble...

OUR GENIUS OFFENSE OF MIKE DANTONI SMALL BALL. Running isolation play against set zone defense... i mean that is so dumb that i start to realize why Doncic said NBA is easier than he thought. Do those players know anything about team basketball? Is this why CP barked at Harden? I would bark too. But it is coaches fault he lets him do this ****. This is so wrong and is elementary basketball positioning error that i just cant get past it. You got defender up in your grill and another one in the middle ready to help and even if you pass out of it you got super jumpshooting scorers like Austin Rivers or PJ Tucker who can only hit uncovered corner

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And all of that at the expense of defense that look like this. You could argue we give up interior d in favour of perimeter one. but no, we cant even handle easy screen.. here you have isolation play without ONE DEFENDER UNDER THE ****ING BASKET. Are you kidding me? And the only defenders ready to help are 6'4 midgets by nba standards. And even if they over comit and somehow stop the drive.. you give up WIDE OPEN THREE.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is coach and his staff and not the players. They look clueless. They are put in position they can not win if they are not playing on MJ levels like Harden last year. I cant ****in watch it its so painful

7. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Holy crap. This team is broken.

8. MystikArkitect

I thought it was bad. Just not THAT bad.

A 24 year old daddys boy running basketball ops? What could go wrong?

9. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

that is what they do here, they expect to win every game and if there is one loss.....it is season over

We will be fine as i think Morey will make a move or two to bring in defensive help

But D'Antoni starting Gordon was a huge mistake. you don't dump an inform player for an out of form one.

We won the last three quarters today after the bad first quarter start

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't expect to win every game. I do however expect to compete against the Heat. And it's not one loss. We're now 3-3 and we're lucky to have those 3 wins. We play virtually no defense. We have a coach who appears clueless out there and insists of playing smallball even when it's killing us(see the Bucks loss). We have our best player unable to shoot. And our third best player can't shoot and looks fat and out of shape after getting a big extension.

What exactly is the reason for optimism?

MrSabotage, Gray_Jay and linvetb6 like this.
  11. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

12. linvetb6

linvetb6 Member

Why did Gordon start over House? In addition to losing height..... Gordon hasn't earned to be a starter this year.

for fun????

#952 linvetb6, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

obviously pringles should have been let go this past summer. but tilman probably didn't want to have to pay his salary and that of a new coach as well.

Gray_Jay, J Sizzle and jerryclark like this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Houston @ Memphis James Williams (#60) Brian Forte (#45) Jacyn Goble (#68)

15. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

16. YOLO

YOLO Member

westbrick out for the memphis game tonight

17. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard he has a minus -46 temperature

HP3 and J Sizzle like this.
  18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Vivi likes this.
  19. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

I pity the fool who fools me once whose more foolish the fool who follows the fool can't get fooled again!

20. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

Went to the game and somehow this was even worse on person.

This is very similar to the effort level we did before firing McHale.

Team has no energy and there is no structure in basketball that can help you if your two best players dont play defense

BigShasta likes this.