1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Houston Rocket Trade Ideas 2019-20

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Kid is long and is like a human eraser with great feet and really quick hands.

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  2. D-rock

D-rock Member

Capela has more value than either Giles or Bogdan.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Honestly eh. We’re talking about our fourth best player (third at times, many times) and he’s not as good as the fourth best player on the Kings?????

Guys watch the sophomore/rookie all star game and all of a sudden he’s an all star.

4. ilias

ilias Member

We need an upgrade on our forward rotation. We cannot expect Anderson, Clark, Sefolosha to contribute in the playoffs.

I'd like Jeff Green. He would be a great backup for PJ plus can play as small-ball center. Adds defends and athleticism. Can hit the occasional 3. Has an easily tradable contract. With the emergence of O'Neale he won't get as many minutes on the Jazz.

Crowder is another obvious target but he lacks Green's length and athleticism. His contract is $8m, so not easy to find matching salary (Morey would need to get creative with unguaranteed pickups).

Markieff Morris, if healthy, could help a lot and has a friendly contract.

DJ Wilson is an interesting rookie-scale target with plenty of upside, that fits the Rockets offense and can't get minutes for the Bucks.

Mike Muscala brings size, can hit the 3 and has a good contract.

Bjelica would fit like a glove, but unsure what the Kings plan is for him. Combining Anderson, Clark, Hartenstein would work.

Would not send out a first for any of them (maybe Bjelica?), but would happily send out Clark/Hart and 1-2 seconds for any of them.

BaselineFade likes this.
  5. D-rock

D-rock Member

With Kanter and Theis injured, Morey needs to strike deal with BOS asap.

3 team trade with Clint goint to Celtics and either Hayward or Smart w/fillers to 3rd team like Magic (Aminu, AG or Isaac) or Twolves (Covington).

Then another small trade for Noel.

Sign Lance Thomas.

Rockets need defense and length upgrade right now. More effort by current players not enough.

BaselineFade likes this.
  6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Clint has more value than Giles. But I wouldn't say more value for Bogdan.

7. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Kings are one of the teams that have different players i really like, Bogdan, Holmes, Bjelica...Giles is interesting too, would love to make a trade with them if we have to trade Capela.

Bogdan might very well leave if he's not getting the role, minutes and money he wants, although i'm not sure he would find all of that here, he would be basically an upgraded version of Llull and i have zero doubts he would fit here, but Divac isn't going to give away his son for cheap, that's for sure, or at least what i'd expect. I still remember Morey was in Belgrade few years ago to watching him, sucks we couldn't get him when he wasn't already proven.

Holmes would fit well here, but he's playing well and on a 2 year deal at a fair amount of money, especially with Giles most likely gone, i doubt they'd move Holmes. And fwiw, even if i really like the player, i'm not sure how risky it would be to bet on him as a full time starter.

Bjelica is basically Ryan Anderson but without issues at home, better passer and probably rebounder so, at least we would have a legit stretch 4 to play whenever we want.

It's just that overall i don't know, i don't see the Kings having interest in Clint...Bagley is going to play the 5 more if not full time going forward, and they already have players with different skillset there between Dedmon and Holmes so, i don't know...

D-rock, HP3, Firebomb525 and 3 others like this.
  8. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

I like the ideas of
    A. Dumping Nene and filler with a pick to nab Crowder from Memphis. Can we get Caboclo too? Crowder would be Tucker's twin - gritty defensive hustlers who can shoot.

and
    B. Sending Capela and filler to the Kings to get some of their talent. Holmes & Bogdan would be great. BB is definitely leaving Sacramento, and us grabbing him would be a bit of an all-in move. However, in theory, it could make EGO expendable. Likewise, the Kings now can either make Capela a part of their future or look to dump him down the road. Holmes is athletic and can rebound - unsure how his defense is but he can do a lot of what Capela does for a fraction of the cost.

BaselineFade likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the best we can expect at this point is probably one or two trades for guys like Crowder and Noel, they should be relatively cheap around the deadline, and i think both would come with full bird rights...maybe Noel only with early bird, can't remember if he has been in OKC for two or three years now, but still, that should be good enough to have a chance to resign him eventually, and those moves might give us the chance to move Clint and/or also Eric for a max contract at some point.

BaselineFade likes this.
  10. fattz

fattz Member

We want them to say yes. That is a more than healthy return and fixes a lot of of our ills on paper. Would coach play them though?

11. BigBum

BigBum Member

Why not trade first round pick for Eric Paschall?
    He would be as good as Tucker come playoff time.
    Paschall has 3 years total 3 million dollars contract.

Looney is available too. GS are tanking for James Wiseman, then trade him for a good player or Towns.

I'd look for low cost talents, not Kevin Love big contract.

12. JamalP.

JamalP. Member

13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

BaselineFade likes this.
  14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

In a trade of Nene+(Hartenstein or Clark) they can take back $5,077,006 in salary. That of course ASSUMES Tilman will allow the LT. Which sadly we can't assume.

D-rock likes this.
  15. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I'm assuming that we will not go into the tax. I hope i'm proven wrong. I think that any trade that we may potentially make will be one that keeps under the tax.

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

December 15.

THIS IS THE PERFECT MOVE.

Houston out : Clint Capela
    Minnesota Out: Jordan Bell, Robert Covington, First Round pick 1-10 protected.
    Memphis out: Bruno Caboclo, Josh Jackson, 2 2nd round picks.

Houston in Jordan Bell, Covington, First Rounder, Bruno Caboclo, Josh Jackson, Second Rounder
    Minnesota in Clint Capela and a Second Rounder

We would have to cut 3 guys or find extra trades, but I do not foresee that being too difficult. I would start Covington at the 5.

Russ / Rivers/ Clemmons
    James / Eric
    House / Jackson
    PJ / Caboclo / Thabo
    Covington / Bell / Chandler

Every other player can go in my mind.

We need to go out and add another piece like Nerlens Noel to eat more 5 minutes but it's doable.

#136 treyk3, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  17. HP3

HP3 Member

Man...I wish Clint would play better....I hate that we have to trade any of our guys...but honestly hes the only piece we have to trade. Not to mention....Nerlens Noel might be able to fill his role.

Itd also be amazing if we could get Marcus Smart on this team.

Vivi and BaselineFade like this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Sell me on why Minnesota would want to add Clint Capela when their best player, KAT, plays the same position. (also why they are throwing in a 1st rounder to boot).

jch1911 and Vivi like this.
  19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, Boston still makes a lot of sense unless they think Robert Williams can start and do very well soon. It really sucks we lost Clarke who could've been what we always wanted at the 4, Butler really ****ed us up unfortunately.

But i agree, Smart would be great here, and the Celtics still have a lot of guards/wings...Tatum, Hayward, Brown, Smart, Ojeleye, Langford...and Smart's salary is pretty much perfect to fit in a Capela trade since he makes around 12M per season so, a package like Smart plus Williams (i still doubt they'd give him up but if they get Capela maybe...) or Ojeleye and a pick might not be that unrealistic, although we would be dealing with Ainge so, yeah...

Basically making this trade to make the roster deeper and gaining some assets and then trade for a guy who can instantly fil Clint's role like Noel who should be pretty cheap.

I also wonder why we're not seeing as much of the Harden to Clint connection so far, or is it just me? It's like that was our main play last season and Clint thrived with that, but now it's like the play is just not there, not sure if other teams adapted or it's our offense...

HP3 likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This is solely based off of Codman's post . I honestly read this wrong and i'm seeing he is using a figure of speech versus actually saying a trade with the wolves, unless he's back to his old ways of doing riddle type posts.

Covington is off to an okay start.
    He's got an injury history.

Capela would allow KAT to move to the 4, I remember him wanting to go to the 4 at one point. It would also allow for a good matchup against the Lakers down the line who are also very big in the front court.

HP3 likes this.