1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Honestly, that's why I'm disappointed but not angry.

Jim Crane is a fantastic owner. He's going to do what it takes to make this team a good competitive team for years to come. Hopefully we make it back.

HTown2017Champs, CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Greinke has a poker face but you can tell he really wanted it. He deserved to win a World Series.

3. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

Hopefully we can reload a bit in the offseason. Damn.

4. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Gotta get a new perspective for the hitters. A new hitting coach is needed. The hitters were beyond terrible all postseason and especially in clutch situations

5. vonbock

vonbock Member

I say let cole go but go after strasberg instead.

6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I don't see Cole repeating the success he had this season. It was an epic season for him. It's all downhill from here, man. ;)

lw17 likes this.
  7. lw17

lw17 Member

Brent Strom won't be his pitching coach either wherever he ends up.

jcee15 likes this.
  8. br0ken_shad0w

br0ken_shad0w Member

lol only to see the reaction from baseball fans and media if he opted out and signed with Houston. (realistically, he'll probably still opt out, but the chances he signs elsewhere are close to zero now)

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

In the past 4 years, 3 franchises have now ended title droughts longer than 50 years. For the long term health of MLB, that has to be a good thing.

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That’s a wrap

11. Elienator

Elienator Member

The Astros had one of the best offensive seasons ever. You don’t fire the pitching coach because a lot of balls hit 95 mph or harder happened to get caught.

everyday eddie and HouClone like this.
  12. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I left at the start of the bottom of the 9th. Didn’t make it out of the stadium before we rolled over. I did not want to see Joe Buck giving them the trophy on our turf. Just didn’t have it in me

everyday eddie and jklb like this.
  13. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I agree 100%. For the first time in our lifetimes, the Astros are acting like a team in the fourth-largest city in the United States with a rabid fan base should: As a big market team. Crane is no dummy. He sees how this city supports a winner in droves. They had great attendance for weekday home games even with school back in session. More people are wearing Astros’ gear on any given day than ever before. You hardly see people in Texans or Rockets gear, but I’ll almost always find someone with an Astros shirt, hat or jersey on, wherever I’m at in the city, no matter the time of year.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I definitely saw tears in Altuve's eyes in the dugout after the Nats just won it. Felt bad for him. Altuve had a good post-season so no way I can blame him. Besides, his walk-off homerun got us in the show. We likely wouldn't have been in without him.

15. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Thanks for your annual contribution to this forum.

16. Elienator

Elienator Member

Sounds like someone processing a loss and not wanting to give an interview. He was wearing a Boras cap. If the Astros pay up, I think he’d come back. I don’t think the Astros will pay.

17. vonbock

vonbock Member

do you think there is a consipracy. MLB didn't want the Astros to win due to the assistant GM incident? Give Nationals calls here and there?

18. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

i disagree. A few balls were hit hard, many were listless pop ups and grounders. We were 3rd from the bottom in BA w/risp in the regular season and it got much worse in the playoffs. Definitely need to let someone else work with this talent.

19. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

The refs screwed us in the Rockets game. The Astros just lost today by rolling over. This one hurts more

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No.

The Nationals were the better team this series.