1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Celtics talking about a possible Clint Capela trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets13champs, Jun 9, 2019.

1. rocketseagles07

I really wanted him to be up next but dude has two left feet. Every time he’s stuck in isolation with anybody it’s barbecue chicken.... and the last thing we need is ANOTHER subpar defender

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

If there’s a deal that makes sense, it’s Capela to Boston, assets to Minnesota, then Covington to Houston.

Then you use a 1st to find a center.

Rudyc281 and BaselineFade like this.
  3. dejamike

dejamike Member

I agree with you to a certain degree, but if we still decide to run the lob play, Tyson Chandler can do the same, which he has quite a few this season already. But to be fair, I do not want to trade CC, for the sake of this thread, what I meant was if we are going to trade him to the Celtics for Rozier, I rather have K Love. I definitely see you point though.

4. dejamike

dejamike Member

That goes for ANYONE that goes to the Cavs lol.

5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Capela is fitting in nicely with RW. LOL, with the lucky travel after the steal. House is playing quite well, we shouldn’t trade Clint.

6. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Capela has significantly declined on the defensive end from 2018, so I wouldn't mind dealing him. But we desperately need an upgrade in both defense in rebounding at that position if he is dealt.

jcmoon and roslolian like this.
  7. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

would you trade capela and picks for Draymond?

Os Trigonum and Why not? like this.
  8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

He showed signs of being a great defender all the way back in the GSW series when he was backing up Howard. At that time, Capela could switch onto Curry and actually stay with him and cause problems. I'm not sure if it's the added weight, change in coaching or lack of commitment, but he definitely lost his way.

Corrosion and jcmoon like this.
  9. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

No picks. Straight up, probably.

Draymond has an extra year on his contract vs. Capela, that year being a player option which makes it even worse. He will get paid $6 million, $7 million and $8 million more than Capela for the next 3 years, not counting the nearly $4 million more he gets this year, and not counting his 15% trade kicker. Then the last year, a player option, at $27 million.

The reason the case can be made to sell high NOW, as in literally RIGHT NOW, is because the world is about to see Draymond's value as the legit only "real" guy on a squad...

That said, I don't think Draymond is tradeable till right before the deadline...

If I could do it today, I'd offer Capela+McLeMore+a future first for Draymond+Looney. Then have Draymond be in Iggy's ear constantly.

BaselineFade, Vivi and hakeem94 like this.
  10. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

As for the Celtics, this won't happen, but curious if a Capela for Jaylen Brown deal might materialize.

They overpaid for Brown... and while I certainly don't want to be the team then paying the bulk of that contract, there is great upside there. At the same time, the Celtics STILL are wing heavy

Rudyc281 and jcmoon like this.
  11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I couldn’t find the date that Brown is trade eligible. I would love this as well but would ask for Robert Williams too

D-rock likes this.
  12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

this is exactly what I am thinking! he would be sick on our team, running the break, can play the 4 or 3, he's exactly what we need! I think the Celtics overpaid, because they didn't want to lose him for nothing and would rather just sign him and then trade him! they have too much money tied up in their forwards and need a center! if we could trade capela and whatever other combination needs to be added, i'd do it in a heartbeat!

Rudyc281 likes this.
  13. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, not sure Brown can be traded this season due to the extension, but Ainge wouldn't do it anyway i think, pretty sure he would offer Hayward instead.

D-rock likes this.
  14. D-rock

D-rock Member

Yes. And Hayward is not the 3-D wing that Rockets need.

Vivi, roslolian and Rudyc281 like this.
  15. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Donkey would fit in great as a guy who doesn’t need the ball to be effective. Screens, defense, passing, boards. Sign me up.

16. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Despite getting shorter, I am down to get rid of Capela for Draymond. We have Tyson and Isiah. Those two should be enough for the 5 minutes Mike D plans to use for back up Cs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

The issue is, there is ZERO reason that GSW will want Capela.

Draymond can stand outside of the arc to create space and he is an excellent passer with very decent assist number. He is absolutely a plus on offense.

While Capela will be totally useless outside the restricted area and a terrible passer when he has the ball.

Nook and D-rock like this.
  18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

It's about age. Does GS have use of Draymond in his age 30-35 years? He's for a team in win now mode, which they clearly are not. They don't look ready to contend any time soon. Capela is the younger asset at 25 years old.

19. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

F*ck no to Draymond...we good....and also, dont want to trade clint either....his chemisty with RW and James is on another level. He just needs to stop being a B..and dunk everything, even when he can lay it up 100%......I dont know why the coaches on tell him that...getting sick of Mike NODanonti or how ever your spell it.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They wouldn't trade him to a former WC rival, at least not now.