1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nick Wright: Rockets are so much more capable of instilling fears in the opposition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shaq2Yao, Oct 29, 2019.

1. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Imagine what this team will look like when Harden and Gordon return to the team...

Scary, not for us though.

3. Nook

Nook Member

Get a long 4/5 that can defend and hit 3's and then we can discuss being a scary team.

Right now we have a number of holes.

4. realonemo

realonemo Member

Exactly this is the type of player they are sorely missing. I don't want to see Tuck at center for large periods of time. Seriously wtf Dantoni.

5. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

Exactly. Been needing this for 2 years now. Until we find one, we are just a perimeter team reliant on making 40% of 3s to win and that has shown to not work in the playoffs against the better teams. I hope Morey can trade for one or somebody shakes loose on the buyout market.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nicky does not instill fear though.

7. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

I don't want to see that either but then I see our options and I get it.

Chandler is old and is great in limited minutes

Capela is soft. He'll shine against some teams but against real bigs he gets manhandled every time. He literally only has height as an advantage over Tucker which is of no use when you are soft.

ak99999 and jcmoon like this.
  8. xaos

xaos Member

You're saying we are missing that player, but blaming Dantoni. I think the first person we need to look at is Morey (and that's not to imply for one second he hasn't done a hell of a job constructing this team).

ico4498, vlaurelio and realonemo like this.
  9. wesbound

wesbound Member

"he hasn't done or achieve anything" regarding Harden's style of play.
    wtf has 29 other teams achieve in the last 4 years? Nothing.
    Rockets have been loosing to the warriors (a superteam w/ 4 all stars) and also the only team that gave them the toughest matchup..
    What part of that do these idiots dont get?
    Carter kept talking like Harden has been loosing to some scrubs with his style of play.

BMoney, D-rock, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  10. xaos

xaos Member

Harden is averaging close to 30 points per game shooting 15% from three lol

11. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

The bench is what I'm nervous for. They were absolute garbage and really could have messed up last night if it wasn't for Harden finally getting back to his normal play style and Westbrook with some great last minute plays. There was a point where Harden shot a dumb 3 early in the shot clock late in the game and immediately Westbrook kept the play alive. That is really a huge upgrade from last season. Never letting the play die is why I knew Westbrook would immediately capture the fans. But Capela has been a huge letdown. I honestly believe if there is a way to trade and get Kevin Love and just a slashing C or maybe Harenstein figuring it out we could be scary. Also need another wing but Freedom Morey probably will wait until the trade deadline to upgrade. Also Paul looks sad. I feel bad. But not enough to really feel bad since Westbrook's antennas have captured my heart.

12. JackLordsHair66

Yup agree ! Also think CC made some good points about Harden. There’s time to adjust but will he, if I was a betting man I’d put my money on no, but hope I’m wrong.

13. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Member

Agree, but it's extremely difficult to find a big who can defend and hit 3s. Usually, if they can hit 3s, they can't defend.
    Only one I can really think of is ibaka but not sure how we would get him from Toronto...

hakeem94 and Nook like this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

There are guys out there, but yes you are correct they are highly valued.

What is somewhat upsetting is that after one or two attempts, we have not really attempted to develop those sort of players. I suppose someone could point to Clark, but it is pretty obvious he just isn't good enough.

AroundTheWorld, D-rock and MrSabotage like this.
  15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don’t see how we get any of the guys that will be available. We don’t have salary to match.

16. Nook

Nook Member

You want to point the finger at someone....... point it at the man that insisted on trading Ryan Anderson and losing assets, point at the man that did not want to resign Ariza because of the cost...... point at the man that wouldn't take on a contract like Patrick Patterson so it would be easier to trade for a player that fits our needs....... blame the man that insisted on trading Knight..... point to the man that was wishy washy on trading for JaMychal Green.

There were legitimate avenues that the front office wanted to pursue and could not.

This is a very competitive industry full of smart people. The more limitations ownership puts up, the harder it is to get a marginal benefit.

17. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

We need to get Ibaka. He'd be a perfect fit. Can defend, protect the paint, hit the three and finish at the rim.

18. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

People are dumb as hell. The Rockets have been a top 2 or 3 team for the past 5 years and that's largely because of Morey and Harden. Not winning a championship should only go to show how hard it is to win it. It not only involves a crap ton of talent, but luck is a major factor too. Morey is in my opinion, by far the most innovative and without question a top 3 gm in the league.

19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I am actually encouraged by the Harden-Westbrook fit.

But whether Harden and EG get back to form or not, the need is and will be a same.

Get a LEGIT, rebounding, solid defensive 4. Move Tucker to the 3. Move House to the bench.

All problems solved.

jayydela and D-rock like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

It depends on whether or not the Rockets end up moving Capela.

Otherwise, I don't see how the Rockets add anyone of substance either. They have a #1 to play with, but just cobbling together salaries will be very hard.

So like last year it is hoping for good luck or a buyout that is never as impressive as everyone expects.

D-rock likes this.