1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Westbrook apology thread for Clutch,Yolo, et al

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Hakeemtheking, Oct 28, 2019.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I love calling out people in the thread title. Only thing this thread is missing is a hard bracket. More points for calling out the site owner.

Spice level: Bell Pepper

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I just hope this doesn’t backfire my man, 3 games ain’t enough to be serving out crow dishes...Russ has been great so far tho

all that slander he was getting during preseason, little did they know he was just chilling waiting for the real games to start...I hope he continues his smart, efficient play...I really do

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

you’re taking notes!!!! So scary. Will it go on my permanent record?

IBTL likes this.
  4. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

First off, you need to chill, it's been three games. Not even close to enough games for the "Russ haters eat crow" thread. Second, and more importantly, the biggest concern for most of the Russ haters (or at least for myself) was team defense, and so far it's been about as bad as predicted. We're a bottom 10 defense in the league, maybe bottom 5. It's ugly.

majicdonjuan, malakas and YOLO like this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

FrontRunner likes this.
  6. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets are the most analytics-driven team in the NBA. I’m sure Westbrook was presented with mounds of data from Morey and company about where he should operate from on the court to become a better, more-efficient player and playmaker.

#26 DVauthrin, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    IBTL, BHannes2BHonest and Plowman like this.
  7. amaru

amaru Member

I love what Westbrook has been doing but it’s too early to be making these kinds of predictions (positive or negative).

jcf likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

hope this works out for you OP, cause you set yourself up real nice for the rest of the season. choosing game 3 of 82 and all that can happen bw now and the actual playoffs happening. oh boy

[​IMG]

IBTL and malakas like this.
  9. jowman

jowman Member

Westbrook is smart. You don’t act triple doubles and get an MVP just off athleticism.

Westbrook shot the ball in OKC cause he had to. He knows there’s better options on the rockets than to jack up 10 threes himself.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

11. mario_v

mario_v Member

12. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

Like the enthusiasm, but are we 20 games into the season? That's the MINIMUM sample needed to have any real clue how the season will go. You really need another quarter season after that.
    But all for pointing out that the predicted apocalypse seems pretty farfetched at this point.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't know if I would call Westbrook smart, but I agree he is more coachable than people think. I think he would be fine with a 10/10/10 line every night.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Fight for Westbrook, stand with the OP.

15. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Westbrook can average a triple double with Harden being Harden, we are going to win a championship.

16. cheke64

cheke64 Member

bell beppers arent that spicy. This is taco bell diablo spicy level. OP might get banned for this

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. jowman

jowman Member

He’s got basketball IQ for sure. Enough to be aware that his 30% avg is not the ideal shot when he’s surrounded by shooters better than him.

DreamShook likes this.
  18. Magicsaint

Magicsaint Member

So far I am just glad he's not jacking up 3's, which is MDA formula on offense most of the time. He is filling up the gap with mid-range shots, which was lacking under MDA and spreading the floor by driving to the basket with his speed. And I don't care if he's stealing rebounds because it seems that the rest of the Rockets are falling asleep on defensive rebounding. Capella needs to step up on this front! Overall I am liking what I see on offense, Harden is doing what he does best and Westbrook is filling the gaps.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. mario_v

mario_v Member

So you’re saying Westbrook sucks and we were much better off with Chris Paul?

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

I've made my thoughts pretty clear when it comes to wb. its pretty simple. whoever wants to celebrate game 3 but not game 1 can have it. like reeko said keep that same energy later on. none of us of which op is trying to call out are going anywhere

malakas likes this.