1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden and WB connection better then Harden and CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mockster, Oct 28, 2019.

1. mockster

mockster Member

Harden and Westbrook already have more assists between each other then CP3 and Harden in two seasons

these guys just click better and a lot of this has to do with Westbrook being a better younger athlete that can cut to the paint and finish but even with that you can just tell Harden and WB are more in sync

#1 mockster, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    D-rock, PrinceH, lw17 and 9 others like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol its amazing the kinds of takes ppl have. first they want to say its early in the season. and now game 3 we have all kinds of hot takes that are thread worthy apparently

try talking when the rockets have a season like 17 first. instead of in the middle of game 3 of 82

Aruba77, IvanLCPM, BasketMAD and 7 others like this.
  3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden and CP3 won 65 games.

But maybe that was mostly because of ariza.

4. mockster

mockster Member

The argument isn’t that they couldn’t co exist or that they couldn’t win games together it’s that you never seen any assists between harden and CP3. It was mostly just ISO and one sitting on the bench while other produces

there’s still a lot of that and it’s fine but harden and WB can actually compliment each other on the court which to me will add more weapons and opportunities and getting the most out of your stars unlike CP3 and harden who just relied on each others solo play

in the playoffs CP3 and harden couldn’t create for each other, well the whole two seasons really. They were more like support but they couldn’t set each other up

hardens already getting solid passes to a cutting Westbrook and WB has set harden up a few times

#4 mockster, Oct 28, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2019
    roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  5. mockster

mockster Member

I just pointed out a pretty obvious reality

harden and WB literally have more assists between them in the first two games then Harden and CP3 have in two seasons

I don’t need to wait 17 games to see the obvious connection. If you watched OKC you’d know this was already obvious

6. HP3

HP3 Member

I doubt the Harden Westbrook combo will win more games than the 65 win team two years ago.

7. mockster

mockster Member

As I said that’s irrelevant, harden and WB can compliment each other in the game more then harden CP3.

65 games didn’t lead to a chip because the duo dynamic wasent that strong. This duo actually could regardless of record

my soul point was harden and WB just play together better on the court

roslolian likes this.
  8. Reeko

Reeko Member

Literally? No, that’s just not true. I think that Harden and Russ will assist each other more than Harden and CP did, but there’s no need to make your point with false hyperbole.

majicdonjuan likes this.
  9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Prediction

Every time the Rockets lose: Westbrook is out of control
    Every time the Rockets win: Westbrook's energy is crucial

lw17, Aruba77, IvanLCPM and 7 others like this.
  10. mockster

mockster Member

Wanna take bets they end up being a better duo and assist each other?.

lw17 likes this.
  11. HP3

HP3 Member

You think they are gonna win 65 games....its not happening. Championship, im optimistic. But also KD isnt on the Warriors anymore.

12. mockster

mockster Member

Once again who cares about the record

my one and only point is Harden and WB play better on the court together and actually assist each other unlike CP3 harden

whether that equals more wins is beyond me but in my eyes that’s more of advantage when your getting the most out of your two stars spec when it ones to playoffs

CP3 and harden had no connection at all. That’s my threads point

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I literally just said in my post that I think that Russ and Harden will assist each other more than Harden and CP did...

Russ and Harden do not have more assists between them in 2 games than Harden and CP had in 2 seasons...sorry, but I don’t like when people start pulling out hyperbole to make points

14. HP3

HP3 Member

Lol, we had success in the playoffs too against the GOAT team, thats hard to replicate my guy.

buffalobills!!! and Blurr#7 like this.
  15. mockster

mockster Member

um they have dude, I’ve only seen one assist from Paul to harden on god

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

It's actually not that important that they assist each other.

They just need to both operate their units at an elite level, that's why we were so good in 2017-2018 season.

buffalobills!!! and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

then u don’t watch games

CP3 assisted Harden 39 times last season alone, and that’s with him missing his usual 20+ games and only being on the court with Harden for a limited amount of time as MDA staggered them...so no, they haven’t...

BaselineFade and macho GRANDE like this.
  18. dejamike

dejamike Member

We probably would be 0-3 if we didn’t make the WB trade this offseason.

19. mockster

mockster Member

still not my point,

Idk why you keep going on about this record thing

My whole entire point is regardless that CP3 and harden had success there connection among each other was not good compared to harden WB

it was all solo play and it ended up working but to me having a connection between your stars will equal better opportunities

we all know CP3 harden worked but they didn’t pass to each other

wesbound likes this.
  20. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yea it looks better just no one is shooting the three well. And Harden looks out of shape, it will take a few games before he gets into the flow. That’s usually how it goes for him he starts slow. They need to hurry up and start making some 3s before we play the better teams.

buffalobills!!! and mockster like this.