1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] World Series: Astros vs. Nationals

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Oct 22, 2019.

1. Buck Turgidson

Go here and talk about it all you want: http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php?threads/a-warm-welcome.301980/

2. conquistador#11

If you play it in sync with the Grease soundtrack, it opens the gate to another dimension.

One of my favorite moments, besides the homeruns by Jorge, Carlitos and Yordan was Hinch and Smith embracing in the dug out.

SemisolidSnake and BruceAndre like this.
  3. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

The Houston Astros had lost twice at home, had otherwise stomped on their tongues, and had the look of a squad that would underachieve for a second consecutive October. They won the next three games by a cumulative score of 19-3, including Game 5 by 7-1, and so George Springer, their outfielder, was asked what it was they’d done on the off day to rediscover their best game.

“We played beach volleyball,” he said.

“Really?” the reporter gushed.

“No,” he said.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Lot of Stros fans over there as well. Would have been nice if Urquidy was pitching.

6. CVcrew

CVcrew Contributing Member

It’s gotta be tough on them. This is A LOT of disappointment to absorb. Let’s see the good guys keep rolling on all fronts!!

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Pirates GM fired... probably after the owner watched Cole last night and wondered "We traded that guy for what?"....

8. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Y'all, we are one win away..one win away...from the second World Series title in franchise history. I can't even.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

have been on radio-only detail, watching highlights postgame. That started w game 3. The baseball gods know that I didn’t watch all year so I don’t get to watch now.

10. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

But Stephen Strasburg and Max Scherzer (You'd have to assume at least) are standing in the way. Hope Verlander can shut the door tomorrow, and we get the big hits. My heart can't handle a game 7 without Cole starting.

11. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

One of the things I love most about this group of guys is just how clutch they all are. Literally everyone is contributing at the plate, it's going to be hard to pick a WS MVP. It will probably be whoever has the best game tomorrow.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Won’t be a game 7

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

sums up what this team is all about

14. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Did anyone watch Alvarez postgame interview with the MLB Network? They asked him how difficult it was to be a DH at such a young age. He said he has adapted into the role this year but will be playing one of the OF position next year.

If Tucker is ready to take over RF for Reddick, where would Alvarez play in the OF? LF for Brantley? I’m thinking he will DH primarily for 1 more year and play a little more than 66 innings in the LF next year when Uncle Mike get a day off.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I had the same thought earlier, so far it’s everyone

Plowman likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. juicystream

It was close, so was ball 4 to Zimmerman.

Statcast shows ball 4 to Zimmerman should have been strike 3 (and heck ball 3 could have been called strike 3 too). Robles ball was indeed outside, but he never should have even been batting. The Correa pitch was a strike by the slimmest of margins. The egregious missed calls were the should have been strike 3 to Brantley in the 6th, the Strike 3 to Robles in the 7th, and then inside pitches to Springer & Correa in the 8th & 9th that were called strikes. There was a bad strike call in the 4th against Bregman. And a should have been strike against Rendon in the 4th. There were a handful of other misses, but were those too close to call types. So 6 calls that I think teams have a reason to be upset about.

Of course I'd also like to add I feel the Nats have gotten away with several check swings in this series that should have been strike 3.

jklb, crose, Joe Joe and 1 other person like this.
  18. SuraGotMadHops

Agree 100%. Nats nation assumed after 2-0 they were on their way to a sweep, we can't now get cocky and assume this 'chip is in the bag. We will have to BEAT the Nats to win the title, which means beating Strasburg and possibly Scherzer and that is a tall order. Let's not forget how Games 1 and 2 went. Lock in and stay focused.

eric.81 and jim1961 like this.
  19. juicystream

Right now, it is looking like Springer. If that ball in Game 1 had traveled just gotten over the fence or he gotten to 3rd and we ended up winning game 1, he probably would be. Chirinos & Alvarez have monster numbers, but only started 3 games, so it makes it tough for them to win. But yeah, the only regular that can't win it is Reddick, with Bregman & Correa needing at least another HR and a few hits to get consideration.

Kind of feel like Will Harris is deserving with what he did to save us in games 3 & 4.

For the Nationals, it is basically Soto, with Strasburg & Scherzer having a chance.

20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member