1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Thabo Sefolosha - Back Up Center

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Deuce, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Clemons at Power Forward!

3. BasketMAD

BasketMAD Member

Can we fire MDA instead of riding out this miserable season? He's not going to change his ways.

4. xaos

xaos Member

I love Dantoni, but I feel like he is taking small ball too far. The Warriors could do it because of elite ball movement, shooting, and Draymond Green. We lost the game against Bucks because of it.

I could see Aldridge already going into video game mode against us in the first round of these playoffs. I don't even want to think about Jokic and Embiid

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

6. JW86

JW86 Member

And there you go, the start of MDA’s usual shrinking of the rotation and overall height of the team. Get ready for ultimate small ball and Tyson to be out of the rotation soon. I talked about this earlier but this not expect MDA to lose his last few common sense brain cells this quick.

deb4rockets and BasketMAD like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Ryan Scrubberson absolutely NAILED to the bench! LOL Just like in Phoenix and Miami.

Highlyrated likes this.
  8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Blurry, he said...

[​IMG]

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Maddening. The current situation is unacceptable, and he wants to triple down. Thabo, already, is misused by playing exclusively at the four....and MDA wants him at the FIVE. Thabo needs be at he 2/3/4, and we need a bigger swingman also. We've talked about this. It's not Rocket science. WELL !?! : )

Highlyrated, MrSabotage and smp like this.
  10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am still on the roster, Mike.

[​IMG]

GotGame15, BaselineFade and napalm06 like this.
  12. JW86

JW86 Member

The idea of positionless basketball, Moreyball, praise of 7 seconds or less has gotten to both Morey and MDA’s heads. I truly believe they just want to be famous for doing it their way: extraordinary, odd, geeky, foolish just to feed their ego even if it’s a small chance they will be proven right. It’s like they’re willingly trying to come up with unorthodox ways to win.

Highlyrated likes this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

_holic's dream.

napalm06 likes this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

Maybe Mike isn't as crazy as we think and this is his way of telling Morey to get a legit 4. Hahah.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I heard that Rockets legen John Lucas III is coming out of retirement to play center for the Rockets.

MrSabotage and napalm06 like this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

17. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

And I was honestly looking forward to the start of the season.

Thanks ClutchFans for turning everything into a ******* negative/the sky is falling type situation.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A " philosophy" that renders us vulnerable in the playoffs ...

I will say this though. There exists enough synergistic upside between James/Russ..with MDA factoring in, so as to transcend/overcome a host of shortcomings .But, for crying out loud...get a big swingman. He doesn't have to be a friggin all star..

BaselineFade and Highlyrated like this.
  19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

his way is ok.

20. foggy94

foggy94 Member

If we want MDA to play bigger players we first need Morey to get him some. I loved Tyson's energy on offense against the Bucks, but he's an absolute trainwreck defensively. Just absolutely no resistance. So who else is there? I'd like Gary Clark and Hartentstein to get a chance too, but Clark's shot is just not there and neither showed much much in preseason, I think their days are numbered.

I also didn't realise till just now Clint had 5 fouls in 24 minutes against New Orleans. He also had 4 against the Bucks in 30. We don't have many big players, and the ones we do have been unplayable down the stretch in the 2 games so far.

D-rock and napalm06 like this.