1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anyone else feel encouraged even though we lost?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by icewill36, Oct 24, 2019.

1. icewill36

icewill36 Member

First of all let’s not forget the bucks are title contenders, ranked in the top 5 on both ends last year.

I feel like this game gave us a taste of what we could be. The defense solid for 3 quarters and we were crushing them on the glass, and still finished out rebounding them by 4.

I know many of you may have watched the game and thought the defense was the problem but really it was the offense. No problem generating shots, but shot making. If we get the same looks the majority of the time we will make much higher percent than we did in the 2nd half. Our misses fueled their offense. They were able to push off long rebounds instead of us setting a defense. We played at the proper pace and it was easy to see what Westbrook can do for us.

James and Eric were 6-32 guys.... even if they shot a pathetic 30% we would have won this game. that was a fluke. If we can outrebound a big team like the bucks, and create all these open looks against a top defensive team, I think we will be just fine.

34to11, glenadyll, Mazulis and 39 others like this.
  2. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Maybe I will tomorrow.

As for tonight I'm pissed.

3. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

If you know what you’re looking at, yes. If all you see is the loss, no.

4. Denovo

Denovo Member

I feel very optimistic. Westbrook Chandler and Sefolosha greatly improved our rebounding. Our defense was fine when before we went to that small ball lineup. The issue was the offense going cold and poor decision making by D’Antoni.

I liked what I saw from McLemore too. Rivers.. gave us nothing.. but he’ll come up big in the playoffs.

Blurr#7, clos4life, bro2044 and 7 others like this.
  5. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea I'm enouraged, Im just thinking long term. As soon someone on the Rockets(coaches or players) figure out the forcing him right crap, then I think we can contend. I liked a lot of what I saw tonight, our defense was surprisingly good.

6. bleedroxred79

bleedroxred79 Member

Yeah, the season is long. This new group needs to build some chemistry. ALL that matters is health and HCA, everything else is fluff. It's fun to win but when you lose, tip your hat, make adjustments and move on.

7. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Encouraged by Brodie,
    disappointed in tonight's coaching,
    optimistic about the potential of the team and satisfied with Harden's response to his poor game.

All in all, it look ok.

Reeko, 34to11, MorningZippo and 3 others like this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nope, blow it up

juanm34 and Landsdale like this.
  9. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Yep bad shooting night for Harden and Westbrook. We had a nice flow until we stop in the 3rd. And too many bad calls by refs preventing Harden to even get some flow. First game of the season we looked good we just stopped defending and we stopped moving in the 3rd and some bad decisions specially by Harden. He needed to attack the basket more but also he probably held back because of he was in foul trouble.

10. HardLin

HardLin Member

Yes, the team looked a hell of lot better than pre-season.
    I was worried that Westbrook would shoot poorly or turn over the ball in the 4th, but OMG he was the only thing keeping us in the game.
    We have 10 usable and playoff proven guys that MDA seems to trust.
    Our guards look good, we have Harden/Westbrook backed by Gordon/Rivers
    Our bigs look good, Chandler was an awesome pickup.
    We just need MDA to use them better in crunch time.
    We have all the tools needed for a deep playoff run, and may i cautiously say that this team looks better than last years team?

BigShasta likes this.
  11. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

No. Harden looks like he is practicing in strip club all the time.

12. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

I've seen enough we need to trade harden Correa and house for trout

aroundtheblock2 likes this.
  13. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I liked what I saw. I’m hopeful Clemons gets some burn. He is capable of pushing us upward when shots aren’t falling.

Why not? and RocketsTerps like this.
  14. Mr. Space City

I'm encouraged that it looks like the Harden / Westbrook duo won't be the disaster that most NBA writers and Media personalities think or wish it will be.

But some of the problems that the Rockets had last year seem to be an underlining problem that could rear it's ugly head down the line

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. htownfan_9210

htownfan_9210 Member

Yep bad shooting night for Harden and Westbrook. We had a nice flow until we stop in the 3rd. And too many bad calls by refs preventing Harden to even get some flow. First game of the season we looked good we just stopped defending and we stopped moving in the 3rd and some bad decisions specially by Harden. He needed to attack the basket more but also he probably held back because of he was in foul trouble.[/QUOTE]

Westbrook was 7/17 from the field and 3/7 from 3.. how much better do you want him to shoot? Maybe you meant Eric Gordon?

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I mean, the Bucks handled us pretty easily last year, one of those games was an embarrassment, so yeah. I think the team is better only because Westbrook can take over games and that's not something we have not had with old CP3

If Harden or Ego shoots a little better, we win...but also if MDA doesn't do dumb things too.

17. slapyomoma

slapyomoma Member

You should be encouraged. Rockets will finish 2 or 3rd in the West because they will beat up on the dregs of the NBA. But since MDA is your coach and don't know how to manage a game, Rockets will get throttled in the playoffs once again. Tonight's game is proof that MDA does not know how to manage a game.

18. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I saw a lot to be encouraged by. Westbrook did a good job of not trying to play hero ball, and House showed some nice drive and kick skills when teams close out on him hard. The Rockets also did a good job on the boards.

However, D’Antoni showed an inability to adjust when the Bucks started posting Brook Lopez by putting Chandler or Capela in the game to guard him, and James Harden refused to take the driving lanes the Bucks were giving him far too often.

19. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Hell No. Harden with 5 offensive fouls? Thats not a one time thing. This is going to be a new norm.

20. Anonymous8

Anonymous8 Member

Gave up a freaking 20 pt lead. No.

BasketMAD likes this.