1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey might resign on his own.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2019.

1. Rocketsfan3422

Morey knew exactly what he was doing. It was planned and calculated. NBA has shot him down so many times. He does want democracy in Hong Kong. Trade wars. Olympic games. Just like in basketball, Morey is ahead of you. Morey's gunna be on some currency when Hong Kong will be free from tyranny.

RudyTBag likes this.
  2. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Wow I thought Morey would cry himself to sleep these nights, but what if he laughed or calculated himself to sleep?!

3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wouldn't you like to know.

You hated his opinions but now you want to know his mind?

4. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I wonder why he tweeted that in the first place. Morey is a very bright guy who surely knew the hoopla it would cause. I don’t disagree with his opinion on the matter but given the nature and dynamic of the NBA China relationship, this was def a situation where his opinion was better left unexpressed...

Jontro likes this.
  5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Yea I hate his opinions Hongkong is part of China 100%, but it would be pretty mind blowing if he planned this all along.

Plus as military genius Sun Tzu said thousands of years ago, you gotta know your enemy if you want to win the war. :p

D-rock likes this.
  6. malakas

malakas Member

Morey didn't claim that HK isn't part of China.

Unless being part of China in your mind means to be a prisoner without freedom.

D-rock likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

Everyone says that but don’t forget that months ago Steve Kerr “liked” a tweet supporting Hong Kong protestors.

To a lot of Americans posting support for democracy isn’t controversial at all. At worst there would be responses with the opposite opinion. He lives in the USA and mostly travels in the West where voicing an opinion is not a controversial thing.

8. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Dontyou think getting rid of morey will be worse for the league domesticly?

D-rock likes this.
  9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

There is nothing to apologize for though... This is America and if you want to stand for something you can do that. The NBA should not give into these thin skinned commies.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

If bringing attention to human rights issues constitutes as an opinion best left unexpressed, you need to rethink your morals.

D-rock likes this.
  11. YallMean

YallMean Member

Your moral is not any better. "Bright" - means you research and separate yourself from the stuff you don't understand over there (like why are they burning the metro station, where there is looting, why beating a Chinese independent reporter, bystanders voicing different opinions from theirs, who the F is Josph Wong, why is a whole bunch of 20 year olds leading this), consider the interests of people you represent, consider Yao, consider your fans, etc. etc. Making an informed and responsible tweet if you have to let the world know.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

The “you don’t understand our issues” excuse simply doesn’t work when you’re conversing with people that actually have access to information and are educated.

It may be complicated for someone like you, that isn’t routinely exposed to competing ideas, but this issue is actually significantly easier to understand that most issues that are voted on in the free world, because the population isn’t stupid enough to defend a government that routinely denies its citizens human rights.

Second, an opinion that the government doesn’t support can still be informed, and you seem to have issues understanding that. Chinese Government =! correct or informed. For proof, Search significant events in 1989 and look for words like “massacre.”

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

Your issues cannot possibly be addressed by beating bystanders at the airport. I saw it. Blocking the airport and beating up a 70-year-old out of the gate merely because he refused to take the leaflet given to him at the gate? Sorry, lost my sympathy to "your" movement.
    Before you get into your escalation theory, the analogizing of a heroic and romantic French like movement, the mainland sending the imposters to do that, yes I know all of it. Unverified and wishful.

#133 YallMean, Oct 12, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
  14. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Well Chinese people are angry regardless. In my mind Hongkong is part of China 100% is the point. If that means Hongkongers are prisoner without freedom to some people I'm OK with that.

15. Amshirvani

Amshirvani Contributing Member

what?

16. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Lol sorry didn't explain too well. Basically Hongkong is part of China 100% means Hongkongers live in prison without freedom 100% to some ppl and that's OK.

17. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

I am not from Hong Kong, I’m just well versed in historical instances of oppression and censorship. It’s a benefit of being educated in a country that respects freedom of the press.

You can’t lose sympathy you never had, so you don’t need to apologize. I am confused on why you are bringing up irrelevant, one off events as reasons your don’t support it though. That’s exactly what a censored mind would use to form a world view.

“Hey look, this one guy did something bad, therefor everyone must be bad.” That logic simply won’t work against people that can actually think for themselves.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Morey luvs himself some Crypto currency.

19. YallMean

YallMean Member

I am sorry you are terribly not-informed.

Let me hear your well-versed education.

20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

personally i think this was a much needed accident however..., i would not put it past Morey to get some payback for nene's contract as well as a chance to explore the rockets/nba/china hypocrisy in the name of principles i know he believes in.

Morey's own words,

"I think how much people engage in politics publicly is their personal choice and I support players & executives who are very vocal about it but I also respect those who choose not to be vocal. Personally, many of my views are not in the mainstream as I am a centrist-libertarian. I believe in strong civil liberties and a government that intervenes if & only if there is a structural failure that private actions generally cannot solve. Taxing externalities, solving free rider problems, providing safety net, common defense, etc… I strongly support organizations like the ACLU that defend basic freedoms and I have for a 25+ years. I do chuckle at the people who have joining the ACLU recently (as they should!) but don’t really understand they are supporting the Bill of Rights and all that comes with that including defending free speech for some really terrible groups."

link here,

Morey is the GOAT GM imo.

D-rock likes this.