1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey might resign on his own.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Oct 10, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think it would be horrible, but I could see Morey apologizing for causing this problem and falling on his own sword and resigning.

I mean, he basically is costing his boss millions of dollars a year - it would appease the Chinese - get the money flowing and let DM get a break for a year or two and come back later, either here, or somewhere else.

I don't believe Tillman will stand by someone if the money stops, his bottom line is at the virtual ATM.

So, while I would hate to see it? I get a weird feeling that when the Rocks get back, Morey will resign......

Let's hope that it passes and Morey stays....but things like this....generally lead to consequences....and not talking about free speech, but costing your boss money....

DD

Highlyrated, MONON, dlite316 and 6 others like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

3. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Darryl Morey absolutely cannot resign, at least not for a while. Even if he wants it, he is obligated to stick this out. Him being removed from office in any way is effectively communism silencing dissenters.

After this has died down later in the year, or in the offseason then yeah. He made a potentially catastrophic business choice, that has consequences, but fairly or unfairly him staying in office right now is very important for much larger reasons.

4. malakas

malakas Member

so when did you become mod exactly?

Sorry but almost every single one of your last posts are backseat moderating others and whining.
    It seems to me that you can't tolerate the current GARM situation.

Why not take a break for a few days. I promise you that things will come back to normal.
    Until at the least, the NBA delegates and teams move away from China this will continue for now.

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

My own feeling the pulse of Chinese media is that they are now trying to de-escalate the situation as they realized a lot of Americans who were not aware of the situation are now anti-China. I haven seen any harsh statement from Chinese officials today. So I think Morey is safe for now. Just my opinion though.

6. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Beat me to it.

malakas likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

At the least, I expect him to be much less visible this year.

pippsux and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  8. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

??

What exactly is wrong with posting a link to a thread of 11 pages of takes on the same subject. It was also the first thread on the subject; that's why it was easy to remember. ppl might be interested in seeing the discussion unravel on how we were worried about Morey getting in trouble.

malakas totally needs to chill out.

MONON, CHI, Blatz and 1 other person like this.
  9. malakas

malakas Member

Thanx for the update.
    It's the Streisand effect. They brought the spotlight on their own.

Lar, ashleyem, Roomba and 1 other person like this.
  10. malakas

malakas Member

I don't think i need to chill but you.
    We have whiners and people whining about the whiners now. We could do with an old and wise member of the forum like yourself not making the situation worse with even more complaining and b****ing.

Anyway carry on with the backseat moderating as you see fit.

CHI and Nook like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He isn't he is like an annoying pimple on your ass you just can't reach to pop, so you pick pick pick at it.....just ignore him....he oversteps all the time.

This is about whether folks think he will resign or not.........

DD

#11 DaDakota, Oct 10, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

If bucks whoop rockets in the first game, mike dantoni needs to be fired replaced by Scottie brooks!

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I just read that now
    Also they forgot lots of Chinese merchants sell nba merchandise so they are hurting their own businesses

ashleyem and Tfor3 like this.
  14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Yes, I also could see Morey resign at some point.

And I want the TEXANS to hire him as GM!

Analytics is analytics.

15. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

Dantoni can go and Scottie brooks can be welcomed with open arms!!!!

16. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Have the government extradite Les Alexander from Florida to China

BruceAndre and hakeem94 like this.
  17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Actually, I agree with your take. I just don’t see a reasonable alternative.

Lovemachine2000 and DaDakota like this.
  18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Resignation is more likely than firing. I have to wonder what is going through Morey's head at the moment. I also have to wonder how much he truly knew and what his angle was on the Hong Kong situation.

If it was just on a whim because posting politics on social media makes people feel neat, what a tragic overreaction.

It's like making a comment about your coworker never arriving on time, regretting it, and then half of the company resigns, the phone is blowing up with angry customers, and a mob is throwing eggs and rocks at the windows, the building catches fire, a swarm of bees is coming from all of the vents and a SWAT team is tackling everyone. What in the world..

19. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Well, this shows the NBA is poor at damage control. If Morey would just publicly apologize for his post and treat this the same way as how NBA treated the NFL kneeling issue it would be gone.

China is not going to unplug their investment into NBA, tencent just paid like 3 billions to NBA for exclusive right of broadcasting games. This is preseason where they are messing around in order to prove their ability in a very capitalism way.

This is also a chess move from China to Trump on this trade war crap.

20. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

Perfect time for a swap. USA will gladly take in the American flag waiving Hong Kong citizens in return we send you are anti American flag burning Antifa.