1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden : I am here for Silver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanasiafan, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Harden took a 180 degree turn in a new interview and following Pop to support Silver on freedom of speech.

An in the last few hours, he became one of the most hated NBA players (from previous no. 1 ranked in the NBA history) among the China NBA fans.

https://sports.yahoo.com/am-adam-silver-rockets-harden-080031664.html

The tweet sent over the weekend by Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has angered fans and authorities in China, threatening a business said to be worth more than $4 billion in a country where about 500 million fans consume NBA content.

Morey deleted the tweet backing the Hong Kong protests and apologized on Monday (October 7), but Chinese broadcasters have cancelled airing of the pre-season game and sportswear companies and sponsors have said they are reviewing their ties with the NBA, which has had a presence in China since 1992.

Harden, the key player for Morey's Rockets who won the NBA Most Valuable Player award in 2018, told reporters in Tokyo on Wednesday that he supports the commissioner and his defence of free speech. "I am here for Adam Silver," said Harden.

Silver, speaking on Tuesday (October 8) in Japan before a preseason game between the Rockets and Toronto Raptors, said it was not up to the league to regulate what players, employees and team owners said.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Glad to see Athletes appreciate the system of democracy that made them famous and successful. They have the voice outside of sports BECAUSE of it.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Harden: I am here for Gold.

4. kanariya

kanariya Member

now he's hated in both USA and China. great decision.

5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Meanwhile,

former Rockets legend Cuttino Mobley wanted to share his view also (aka Big Baby).

mike2k132 likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Can you stop?

The NBA is banned in China right now. James Harden could say he pledged his allegiance to China and it wouldn't change a thing.

OH NO A PLAYER WHO WAS #9 ON JERSEY SALES IN CHINA ALIGNS WITH THE LEAGUE! HOW WILL HE RECOVER?

EDIT: I THINK WE MAY FINALLY GET CALLS IN THE PLAYOFFS NOW.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He'll win the Championship of Controversy. Just make it happen, NBA!

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I don't blame him. China has taken a giant **** on everyone's sincerest apologies so fack it.

9. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Being late is better than never. Thank you Beard. He could've just said nothing.

clutchdabear, ipaman, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  10. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

There you go, James...butter up the commissioner. Hopefully, that will help in the playoffs. Need all the help with the refs we can get.

MarioKissoDeath and BigShasta like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

Steve Kerr’s father was murdered over free speech and he is such a gutless coward and weasel that he won’t say anything.

I still cannot believe that the Rockets have not hired full time PR people. Harden and Morey and everyone else associated with the Rockets do not need to be talking. Anything they say is only going to inflame the situation. It is too bad.

12. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

1. I will decide if I want to stop.

2. NBA is not banned in China - not at this point, get your facts checked first.

3. Harden can say any sh't at anytime he wanted - that's the whole point he wanted to say, that's the beauty of this country.

13. treyk3

treyk3 Member

[​IMG]

14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

because :

[​IMG]

BigShasta, randerson and treyk3 like this.
  15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Ugh, I hate this comment. Using someone’s personal tragedy against them is loathsome.

16. rockets13champs

Daywalker02: I am here for Memes.

BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Here for a chuckle for two.

18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Well he only said what he said originally to save Morey's job and try to appease China.

Now that NBA has doubled down and is backing Morey, he can say whatever now without fearing losing his GM.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Hate to say it, but Mobley sounded like an Uncle Tom in that segment and Whitlock sounded like Uncle Sam ... o_O

" Oh what a wicked web we weave...."

ipaman and DeadGato like this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

He uses his personal tragedy as a reason for being anti-gun.

He is a public figure, and like it or not, everything he does is under a microscope. He can't act like he gives a damn about life and liberty one day and and the next pretend like he's a dingus without a clue to the happenings of the world especially one so close to his daily life.