1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Daryl Morey and the NBA need to apologize to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by weopeo9744, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Relax.

Most Chinese ( I know he isn't but Yao is) when refer to California or Canada, the first thing they always talk about is the legalization of weed.

Deckard likes this.
  2. topfive

topfive CF OG

The incorrect assumption is that the NBA will eventually decide that the money from China is more important than the league's image here in the United States.

Sure, it's a lot of money, but the league has built itself on being progressive and allowing a wide variety of political opinions. It's hard to imagine how bad a look it would be if Silver suddenly decided to go full-pu$$y and apologize strongly enough to mollify the Chinese government.

Yung-T, clutchdabear, Mazulis and 3 others like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

nope it was a reference to something the guy in the video said

at 2:50

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

As long as they don't get confused about Montana!

;-)

5. bacliff

bacliff Member

Good. It is time we tell China to phuk off if they don't like how we are wired. They need to conform not us Americans.

malakas likes this.
  6. meh

meh Contributing Member

No, Chinese people regularly don't talk about black people in general, because China is a 99.9999% one race country. I don't know where the idea that they spend all day calling black people gorilla comes from but it makes no sense. It's like saying people in America call Chinese chinks every day. I'm sure there are a lot of people who have used the phrase, but most Americans don't talk about China everyday cause we have better things to do.

And yes, the black person toothpaste exist. And it's both sad and hilarious at the same time. What can I say, China is a pretty racist country. You know who else is racist? Hong Kong people. Cause whenever I visit Hong Kong for business or vacation, if I speak Mandarin to them I get the "F Off" face but when I speak English I get treated well. Guess what, the world isn't as black and white as we all want it to be.

Red.Glare, alethios and daywalker02 like this.
  7. malakas

malakas Member

Adam Silver a couple of years ago :

"We have been guided in these discussions by the long-standing core values of our league. These include not only diversity, inclusion, fairness and respect for others but also the willingness to listen and consider opposing points of view."

This was when they decided to move the ASG away from Charlotte over a law of where one has the right to pee.

You either have core values or you don't.

Yung-T, Remlap and topfive like this.
  8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Made it about 2 minutes in, really stupid video

9. bacliff

bacliff Member

I like this and agree. I apologize for my thinking here in the past that the majority of this sites members were progressive p*****s that kowtowed to PC and whatever was spoonfed to them by the progressives. Bravo to Clutchfans!

topfive and malakas like this.
  10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Exactly.

Even we put aside any value and assuming Silver and the NBA is a corrupt organization with no value but only money.

There is still no logical reason that at this point to knee down to China.

Their market value is no doubt much bigger at here locally, and they know once they will knee down, what kind of damage they can create.

Yung-T, clutchdabear, bacliff and 3 others like this.
  11. malakas

malakas Member

My country is also a 99% homogenous white people country but the only ones who call black people gorillas are nazi supporters that are condemned and eventually sent to prison for racistic behaviours.

And I also don't have any idea how haven't seen any chinese call black people gorilla when it has happened even in chinese nba tv?

HK sure can be also racist. But they are not the ones who are trying to blackmail, bully and impose their own ideologies on US.

If China wants us to bend the knee then they better have the CCP first formally apologise for being racist to americans, that is OUR bottomline.

Yung-T, bacliff and clos4life like this.
  12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Again, you can spin all your logical fallacies over and over, but the issue boils down to this: is Morey as a citizen of a free speech nation allowed to voice his support of freedom elsewhere? I don't care who it offends, I don't want to be part of a league or organization that says no to that. Hey China, you got all that money, why not just make your own version of the NBA and pay players dump trucks of money to come over and play for you?

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

You are denigrating an entire country because you believe they are terrible people cause of an NBA broadcast calling black player gorilla. If this is your standard for morality then I can tell you full stop that people in Hong Kong are just as bad if not worse when it comes to denigrating other people.

If you want to make an argument against China, their racism against black people shouldn't be one of them. Because the people they are oppressing also dont' think much of black people, nor mainland Chinese (see how ironic that is, Hong Kong people think of and treat Chinese like crap actually). You can say their government is totalitarian. You can say that they run concentration camps. These are factual things that they've done. But it's pointless if you just label all of them racist so casually when most Chinese like most other people just keep to themselves in life, raise a family, and live their life to the fullest.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep, you are absolutely right, I was conned in HK when buying an eye drop but instead they gave me some insect looking herb, I used my credit card and they wrote 2 more zeroes, I was oblivious enough not to look.

Had to go to the Consumer's Association for that ish to get undone.

I also did not get treated well.

HK people are really condescending toward Mainlanders and people who speak Mandarin.

Doesn't mean I dun respect their wish to vote.

I like Mandarin, like the sound of it.

15. meh

meh Contributing Member

I fully support Hong Kong in their protest on a personal level too. Just don't want to make this an attack on entire countries for mostly the work of the government. I think that's very toxic in a lot of ways.

daywalker02 likes this.
  16. malakas

malakas Member

If the Chinese really did keep to themselves in life then why the heck are they demanding the NBA to fire Morey? Keep to yourself.

And What?
    Because the people they are oppressing are also racists, it is justified? I shouldn't have a problem with that?

I have a problem even if you kill a convincted criminal and harvest their organs, as the CCP is doing.

The whole 2 millions of Ughyus could personally come and tell me that they think I am a b**** and I would still be there supporting that they won't be slaughtered.

Yung-T, Nook and bacliff like this.
  17. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

F*** China

jcmoon likes this.
  18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That means I have to watch it? :mad:

;)

Yung-T and don grahamleone like this.
  19. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

Whatever. Summarize if you want anyone to care.

clutchdabear and Pizza_Da_Hut like this.
  20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I don't know where China has been, so I won't be so quick to do that.

don grahamleone likes this.