1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

U.S Senator Josh Hawley’s letter to NBA commissioner Adam Silver

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pringles09, Oct 7, 2019.

1. bmd

bmd Member

Say what you want about Trump, but he's the only President that has taken a stand against China and their unfair business practices.

2. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Time for Trump to step in.

I agree with the senator.

MiddleMan likes this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

So... All it took was for Morey to post a tweet, and.... Now more people are realizing the mess that's going on in China over HK (at least talking about it more ).

in the end Morey/Twitter/clutchfans are going to save HK and wake up the population of China??? I can hope, I mean, I even hope this is a conversation piece for a lot longer than our normal media cycle.

USA definitely has its own cluster **** going on, but this has been wild, and all it took for more attention is the NBA's bs reply (rightfully expected, money is king unfortunately)

4. Air Yordan

Air Yordan Member

Adam Silver is a lizard.

5. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

We have no issues with the content. It just rings hollow when it comes from someone that has kissed Trump's ass.

Patience, Deckard and D-rock like this.
  6. magichat281

magichat281 Member

For sure 100! Everyone leaving rockets fan base cause he disrespected china is a communist fk needs to get out of the us.

7. YallMean

YallMean Member

Where do we begin Senator Josh? Mostly nonsense.

Are you calling for NBA to stand on the ideology line? The beacon of the free. Unless we don't want to do business in China, in East Africa, in any place that could run into a foul with the "free", where do you propose the NBA stand on this? Call out China and support HK publically? What about other overseas US businesses. Keep that ideology stuff in politics only and leave sports and business alone. That's why I strongly believe Morey should have used better judgement.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It appears the powers that be already have. Who do you think is giving Silver his marching orders now?

#28 Plowman, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

God damn , this is so juicy. I dont see this blowing over as easily as I'd like.

I'll be the first to admit i dont know all the facts, but from a business standpoint the chinese reposne is a STATE response to a private individual tweet. ITs a huge overreaction . Barely anyone would have cared if morey did this had China not reacted so strongly.

10. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

It rings more hollow when everyone that has been singing Morey's praises rejects the help of someone that is in a position to actually make something happen because they did something in the past they didn't agree with. Let past issues continue to divide you on matters of importance today, that'll only make things better!

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. Newlin

Newlin Member

I knew this was going to blow up. And as I said yesterday, most Americans are going to side with Morey. Morey may have said something that hurts business. But, what he said was not wrong.

12. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'd agree expect that i do not think its reasonable for Morey to have guessed this could have gotten this big. Frankly, i know hes a representative of the Rockets. But, he is the GM ... he should be focused on basketball operations ... and he really shouldnt be factoring the Team's business ties with China into his thought process. Had Tad Brown tweeted this , I'd say it would be a much clearer path towards firing him for not using better judgement.

I'd hope that things can cool down and we can straighten this out. But I also think that China is SEVERELY overreacting. I dont mind people calling out that, but the politicians are only looking to score points.

13. icewill36

icewill36 Member

its not about that man. im sorry but morey is an idiot for getting us involved in this sideshow. china is not going to change but this can hurt our franchise/the nba. our owner is already cheap AF now china is pulling sponsorship.

14. YallMean

YallMean Member

With the position, prestige and pay he is receiving as the Houston Rockets GM, it comes greater responsibility. He is entitled what he believes and thinks. But on the other hand, it cannot be said that he didn't see this coming and he didn't intend for such a big consequence when he posted that image. At least research a little bit. Consider those perspectives he talked about before, not after. We need a GM solid as a Rock when comes to responsibilities. These co-motions are freaking unnecessary and I feel we just became a pawn for these politicians.

15. icewill36

icewill36 Member

MOREY should have known they would. he has done business with them long enough to know better.

16. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

Sounds Great Senator! Outside of standing on fake and shaky soap box, what the F are you doing in the Senate about this?? *chirp* *chirp*

RESINator and D-rock like this.
  17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I suppose yall

But i have never seen anything like this happen. Maybe i haven't been paying attention lol. But, for china to react so massively and swiftly to a tweet blew my mind lol

I've seen people react, I've even seen chinese people react, but I hadn't seen such a large implication. The rockets are like China's team right ? lol it blows my mind that 20 years of goodwill can be severed so quickly. I think all he did was retweet a picture, then take it down. I mean my God haha. wtf is going on this world that that's a foreseeable and understandable consequence.

Ill admit, i dont understand the chinese perspective on this.

@YallMean

Patience, Deckard and D-rock like this.
  18. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Can we attempt to move this particular thread to D&D ?

I dont mind talking China in the GARM , but i'd rather leave politicians in the other forum

Deckard likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Is "better judgement" whatever you think? Or are you open to the idea that maybe he did in fact use better judgment by carefully considering many points of view and that your judgment is just different than his?

Mazulis and D-rock like this.
  20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I was a Morey fan before this.

I am an even bigger Morey supporter now.

I stand with Daryl Morey.

KDavis, TMac'n, Patience and 8 others like this.