1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Apologizes to China

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HoustonTexas, Oct 7, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Dont be too dramatic racist

Lovemachine2000 likes this.
  2. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Yet another reason why I think the Warriors and their fans are full of ****. "Ohhh, we're the most progressive~!" "Our team is the most socially conscious team!!11!!"

bleh. So much for that. Regardless of the differences in opinion that divide Clutchfans at the moment, can we all agree that the Warriors and their fans are by far the most hypocritical fanbase? At least everyone on here has an opinion and don't clam up when things get serious.

Also lol at Cuban, too. I respect Pop, though.

3. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yes you are damn right, you get the freedom to say whatever you want here even though it’s all bullcraps and lies.

Good luck in your own country when one day you actually want to tell the truth about how you have poisoned by sh’tty food, non safe milk and wine, Toufu house, or even a plant explosion those kind of sh’t.

ashleyem, Yung-T and malakas like this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

teams will be progressive and speak out as long as it doesn’t seriously effect revenue...wearing T-shirts or doing stuff like refusing to visit the White House fall under that category...they won’t touch this issue tho, they don’t want these problems

Morey wouldn’t have tweeted this if he knew what kind of backlash it would bring...he deleted it quickly

Yung-T and Roomba like this.
  5. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I am a Harden critic most of the time on his efforts and the way he played.

But I really don’t give a sh’t about his so called ‘apologize’ in this case.

Lol.

Who give a fork? He is not even the one who made the tweet, nor he even mentioned the content of it.

Basically he just said : yeah we love to go there because they pay us, so keep sending the money cause we have no plan to stop yet.

This is the same stance of the NBA.

Roomba likes this.
  6. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Guy already making hundreds of millions solely on NBA salary but needs to suck China d to make more sponsorship money for his brand, nice to see him completely sell out and waiving any morals.

Embarrassing.

GermanRoxFan, cheke64 and malakas like this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I hate that Harden has been dragged into this mess. Harden probably knows very little of what is going on with HK and China. You have to understand that as one of Adidas top paid individuals, he unfortunately was probably pushed by Adidas reps to also make a statement.

Ultimately, Harden is a man and he can say no, but this world will always be about the money and he has a lot of stake just like the entire NBA.

Personally I believe it's BS to be bullied by a country with it's human rights abuse record so the way this blew up does anger me, but unfortunately we do live in a society that will sell out if it involves money.

I am not a multimillionaire or multibillionaire to understand what it is like to be in these guys shoes right now. I'd like to pretend that I would tell China to shove it up their ass for being sensitive, but who knows what kind of person I would be with all that money.

Like someone mentioned earlier, we have an outspoken few in the NBA that always have something to say regarding politics. They never been ones to shy away from saying anything. Those are the people I'd like to hear something from. My guess is that they will keep their mouth shut because the NBA told them so. They can still speak out though and get fined, so I hope they come out and say something in support of Morey. It sucks that no one publicly has Morey's back right now. It is what it is.

slothy420, clutchdabear and Yung-T like this.
  8. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Just funny how Americans apply double standards.

Where is the freedom now when you blame James for speaking out his true feeling about China???

Don’t you just find out that, so laughable you Americans.

When patriotism is Americans, it is bold, moral, charismatic, and praiseworthy. When patriotism is Chinese, it is brainwashing, manipulation and dangerous. As if Chinese have no right to stand up for their country and accept Westerners dividing it.
    ——By Tom Fowfy

#68 kyle7758521, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  9. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I am sure that James knows very little of what he is apologizing for, so go shove it up your ass for being arrogant about getting a forced apology from James.

10. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

We don’t get arrogant for James, we love James. Look at how many Chinese people root for James.
    Why not live in a harmony world?

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Gotta keep those shoe sales in China high.

robbie380 and Yung-T like this.
  12. CCorn

CCorn Member

Maybe Morey and the Chinese government are in cahoots.

They needed a story to distract people from that story involving them harvesting Muslim peoples organs... and Morey delivered.

13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

This thing won't die and only gets worse. SMDH. Ready for the regular season.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  14. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

A harmony world?

LOL.

Your world is full of lies and faking sh’t.

And this is the most pathetic one

Nook likes this.
  15. bmelo

bmelo Member

See LeBron... that's why they told yall to shut up and dribble. Where is your opinioated big mouth now? Those idiots are millionaires already and are prioritizing money over someones freedom... my country fought with commies too and everybody where turning their heads to money then too. I have zero respect for that behaviour. I really hope he didn't know what he is apologizing for

16. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Haha you do live in a great world who accuses of their president everyday.
    How many people got gunshot everyday?

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

there’s not a doubt in my mind that Harden doesn’t know what he’s really apologizing for...all he knows is that China is mad because of something Morey tweeted and now the Rockets organization is in trouble and his Adidas business has also been affected as a result

Harden has never shown himself to be politically inclined. People think he would really have any clue about what’s happening in Hong Kong? If u asked him to explain what the issues are, he couldn’t tell u. The same goes for the rest of the players as well. Harden is apologizing because he’s a Houston Rocket, and the Rockets have attached themselves to the hip with China. If he was a Laker or whatever, what Morey did would have no effect on him and he would never have said a single word.

Rudyc281 and ElPigto like this.
  18. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

James had to do this. After taking time to read up and digest this situation, it's unfortunate but clear that this was necessary for both he and the organization.

When Morey made his statement he took money out of James pocket too. Not just Tilman and the NBA. If he had spoken with them ahead of his tweet then maybe they could have come up with a better way to him to show support for the people of HK that wouldn't have cost them millions in revenue.

Morey was Noble but you can't just say it's ok to sacrifice others money for a cause without checking with them first. Harden has a ton of money wrapped up in Chinese endorsement deals. It's easy to judge when it's not your money. Same with Tilman. I'm sure that the Chinese portion of the Rox portfolio was part of the reason why Tilman purchased the team. Morey didn't have the right to make a decision that could cost others this much without clearing it with them first.

If Harden, Tilman and the NBA have to apologize to clean up this mess then so be it.

jcf likes this.
  19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Yes,

We are living in a free world with an ******* president that we actually elected him and we can freely criticizing him every day.

You are living in a world which is ruling by a dictator who can freely change your constitution and you can’t even post a cartoon bear online.

We are also living in a world that always need to discuss gun control issues and need to continually monitoring the cops violence issue and often voicing our opinions on various issue like discrimination and domestic and sexual harassments.

While you are living in a world with concentration camps with abusing human rights, a society which with values supporting corruption, discrimination, racism.

Your own rich people and corrupted officials actually well aware of the difference between the 2 worlds and hence they sent all the kids to our world while keep busy on squeezing you on your pathetic and ignorant life.

Clear now?

Nook and clutchdabear like this.
  20. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Yes, our dictator brought us now prosperous and happiness. Oh, we are enjoying every piece of it!!!
    We are so proud of our country and people!

and BYW, I had so good a day talking to you Americans.
    When patriotism is Americans, it is bold, moral, charismatic, and praiseworthy. When patriotism is Chinese, it is brainwashing, manipulation and dangerous. As if Chinese have no right to stand up for their country and accept Westerners dividing it.
    ——By Tom Fowfy