1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets fans in China furious at Morey for supporting Hong Kong protests

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketsmanhk, Oct 4, 2019.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

There are so many dominoes that are going to happen over this catastophe.

Daryl Morey being an arrogant boaster on Twitter only, can cost the Rockets a Championship this season.
    His arrogance is the most annoying about him, cant you learn from Jeff Luhnow and not use Twitter. Only use it for Transactions only instead of your dumb thoughts.

Adam Silver is so angry at the Rockets that they guaranteed to lose in the playoffs and get rigged.

No way in Hell Rockets make it to the Finals without Rockets Games Not Televised in China

Lakers or Clippers are going to the Finals no doubt now and these next 4 years is useless to watch now.

Cant afford Russell Westbrook, Eric Gordon, Clint Capela, P.J Tucker and all traded off for nothing.

James Harden wants to be traded after everyone is gone.

Lastly Daryl Morey being fired.

When CBA comes back on TV in China, the Rockets are going to be a lottery team in 3 years.

2. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Hereabouts, even Republicans consider businesses as people. Legally, they do have a voice.

3. PeppermintCandy

What utter nonsense.

D-rock likes this.
  4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Voices have consequences and the "voice" on this topic shouldn't have been Morey's to make. Morey expressing a political stance on a platform he has used to discuss business as a representative of the Rockets org affects people under the same org on both a financial and political level. That is the problem here.

duluth111222 and jcf like this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Relax Amigo. It’ll be okay!

apollo33 and B-Bob like this.
  6. PeppermintCandy

This is obviously a picture of Pittsburgh in the late 20th century.
    It's always sunny in Beijing. What fake news are you trying to pull here?

Buck Turgidson and Easy like this.
  7. xiaolulz

xiaolulz Member

Never would've thought I'd use this account again, and I still remember the password hahahaha!

DM OUT!

Rockets GO!

8. HAYJON02

True. But the fact that he did this should convey its importance, no? Some hills are worth dying on. Or maybe I'm just out of touch with our American values.

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Buck, I think you need to step up and answer this important question.

malakas likes this.
  10. chenjy9

Supporting Member

If he was dying on that hill alone, it wouldn't be an issue. Problem is, he dragged a bunch of people with him onto that hill regardless of how they might have felt. No one is debating the importance of the issue, just the wisdom of Morey himself doing so even though he is a representative of the Rockets org. If Tilman did so, that would be different as he is actually the OWNER of said org.

jcf likes this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Just waiting for this **** show to blow over so we can play basketball.

No way Morey gets fired, I really hope not

D-rock likes this.
  12. jcf

jcf Member

That was obvious. Silly accusation.

13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If Morey is unhappy about the way China is handling the Hong Kong situation and being part of an organization that is doing business with a Chinese govt. institution/sanctioned business or whatever would make him look complicit. So he made a tweet.

Morey didn't put any pressure on the Rockets or the NBA to stop doing business with China. Morey's statement was about where his own conscience falls on the issue.

China has a different culture about that kind of criticism and they reacted. If the Rockets org and the NBA put money over that, they are selling out the freedom to criticize humanitarian issues.

Whether anyone agrees with Morey's position on Hong Kong is secondary. If the NBA has specifically stated they will operate on a Chinese model as opposed to an American model of business and government, then Morey will be at fault. I don't think that's ever been stated.

14. HAYJON02

I see what you're saying. Even assuming he knew exactly what was at stake, it's a calculation that Tillman isn't so tone-deaf to punish working, caring humans because of their humanity. Sometimes, bottom line be damned. These are the moments that test men's souls.

15. topfive

topfive CF OG

Dude, you totally forgot the giant meteorite slamming into Earth and plunging us all into a decade of cold darkness!!!

D-rock likes this.
  16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

That is certainly not up to Morey to decide as he is not the owner of the Rockets. As for the last part of your statement, that is purely an opinion. Different cultures see that differently. I happen to personally agree, but I wouldn't express that opinion using my company email or channels of communication.

17. topfive

topfive CF OG

*idiotic accusation deleted*

#517 topfive, Oct 6, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  18. HAYJON02

Yeah, out of context, it seems self-destructive. Could it work out in the Rocket's favor? He doesn't seem a slave to passion.

19. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's only going to hit stupid Westerners. A giant atmospheric vortex will cause the sun to continue to shine and on China and only China. And since the sun will be shining on Taiwan and Hong Kong, that will indicate divine support for the one China position

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

ROFL... what now? I am one of THE BIGGEST Morey supporters on this board. How about you post all my posts about Morey and let's see who is right?

For the record, my stance on Morey has always been that he is one of the best GM's in the league and we are DAMN LUCKY to have him. Anytime some idiot brings up that he should be fired for not winning any championships, I am always on the side of never, ever doing that.

jcf likes this.