1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Formal Impeachment Inquiry of Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RESINator, Sep 24, 2019.

1. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Good lord, these text messages.....smoking gun? This is like OJ Simpson getting a line of credit at the knife and glove store.

It's most important to say you will do the crime!

Assuming he agrees to do the crime, he is good with us!

Trump really wants to do the crime! Make sure they know that!

Are we illegally extorting them? Call me! This is good crime covering tactics!

2. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

The best part of this is you have Bill Taylor, a career diplomat saying this is crazy that we are withholding aid for political reasons. And then Sondland, the political appointee and megadonor to the Trump campaign say "oh no, no quid pro quo here." It's like the kid telling his buddy "Of course I hate alcohol, I'd never touch that poison" when he knows his mom is listening in on the call. And the Trump idiots will fall for it because they're stupid.

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Volker was a willing participant it appears.

B-Bob likes this.
  4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I hope you are right, but being an embarrassment doesn’t mean anyone will have the power to change our governments leadership. We have a serious problem with the Republican Party having all the power except for the house and having this dangerous concoction:

-propaganda outlets and well funded disinformation campaigns
    -base of supporters who are hostile to Democracy and support a move to imperialism
    -election interference in overdrive
    -foreign influence
    -president who breaks the law in the open
    -courts who are majority bought and paid for by the Republicans
    -MSM who do not represent the people’s majority opinion

Yeah... Forgive me for seeing the situation for what it is... which sure as hell doesn’t look very Democratic on its face.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  5. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

There is a way for Republicans to not have this much power.

Go out and vote and become politically active.

Yes the the MSM does represent the people's majority opinion if they did not no one would watch and the show would be of the air.

I have to ask do you know what the majority of peoples opinions actually are?

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

I've always thought that there's no way Trump would be forced out of office over this scandal. I've always thought the senate would just refuse to do it, even though there is ample evidence that Trump broke the law. But, now I'm starting to wonder. These texts show there was clearly a quid pro quo. No matter how many republicans in congress try to bury their heads in the sand, the American public can see what's going on here. Furthermore, much more may come out.

I still think the republican senate is likely to have Trumps back no matter what. But, I'm starting to wonder. Republicans defending Trump are looking more foolish everyday.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  7. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I am thinking that, in our modern times, there are so few actual independents who pay attention to political news that GOP Senators may see a limited price for allegiance to obvious corruption. We'll see.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

The mid terms had a record turnout on both sides. Yes higher turnouts in general give Dems the advantage in the House. In the Senate, given the power of red states, there’s still a narrow pathway to hold the power they need to win the electoral college and the Senate even with only 35 to 40% of the voter support.

Still... that wasn’t my point because if you aren’t concerned about election rigging or a potential disregard for elections, I don’t know what to tell you. If we all just sit here and think Trump is just going to leave if he loses in 20, I don’t know if we’ve been paying attention.

Three things are obvious at this point:

A. Trump will do anything to stay in power, and openly craps on the rule of law
    B. Trumps supporters openly approve of a major shift to autocracy and see Trump as a tool to destroy liberalism that they see as an existential threat to their way of life
    C. Republicans are okay with A and B. Their grasp on power is more important than maintaining Democracy. The party is essentially dead at this point. Trump owns them.

Turning out for elections just isn’t going to be enough to save Democracy. Hong Kong like protests... maybe but Americans don’t have the stomach for that.

RayRay10 likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member

10. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Republicans won't convict because the Republican base has been brainwashed to the Trumpian base. Defending Trump might sound foolish to the discerning listener, but those aren't the voters they are catering to.

Sadly the mix of religion and right wing propaganda media have removed critical thinking of a large segment of the voting population and the result is more extreme candidates that have no respect for our governing principles.

11. Fantasma Negro

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well my Mother, step-father, and uncle on my Father's side all voted for Trump. (They had all previously voted for Obama at least once)

They all flat out REFUSE to vote for him again. Are openly vocal about their disgust with his actions. There several variables at play that caused them to vote for him in the first place. I just hope there are many others like them during the election. One variable that could hurt would be if the Democrats put up another joke with Biden to run against him.

joshuaao, SamFisher, Amiga and 2 others like this.
  13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I can’t believe how much I like this repetitive skit.

No Worries likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

That was funny. I was only half watching and had to see what they were laughing about lol

15. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

a true american patriot.

Rashmon and RayRay10 like this.
  16. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

That's well and good, but they might not be part of the base I am talking about (ride or die Republicans would never have voted for Obama).

17. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am glad Drudge is going all in on impeachment. Fox News Online still trying to spin this as a Biden issue, but I except them to come around as well.

Trump committed a crime, and did it again, and again, and needs to be impeached and removed from office.

You cannot solicit a foreign government(s) for help in an election.

The pièce de résistance would be if Trumps taxes also implicated him in crimes.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Oh for sure. Examples like that give me hope though that monkey in chief will have turned away enough voters with otherwise normal circumstances to send him packing.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

when China takes the high road while the leader of the world seeks help from foreign powers to interfere in our election...

I wonder how republican feels if the Biden request China to interfere for his political benefits

No Worries, ryan_98, RayRay10 and 2 others like this.
  20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

What's a bigger national embarrassment? Trump himself or all the fools still defending him?