1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans trade Jadeveon Clowney to Seattle

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Aug 31, 2019.

?

Do you like the trade?

Poll closed Aug 30, 2020.
  1. YES

5.6%
  2. NO

94.4%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

@Nimo
    Now that we have established he couldn't be franchised as an end then it seems his bigger issue is nothing the Texans could do anything about and he just wanted defensive end money and took his opportunity to force his way out

I am saying playing as an end going forward

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So now that we have established that there is nothing the Texans could do about his position under the tag we are back to Clowney not signing is what is out of the ordinary

Franchise tags are standard operating procedure and to call them incompetent cause he didn't sign it is ridiculous

The tag is an agreement between owners and players for his situation exactly. Team not ready commit for whatever reason

Clowney is the one who went out of bounds

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

But according to reputable sources which we have provided links to, Clowney was going to sign with Houston until he learned they would most likely trade him once he did. At that point he wanted to gain control and refused to sign the tag unless they traded him to a team he wanted to play for.

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Again

Clowney has been tagged since July. These reputable rumors didnt start till mid August at least. Seattle is willing to pay him defensive end money so why would the Texans take the risk and not just sign him at whatvhe wanted and trade him

5. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

Clowney was going to sign the tender and play out 2019 until the Texans again attempted to deal him.

He did not want to lose leverage and sign just to be dealt to a bad team.

So the Texans were forced to deal him to the Seahawks and pay 8.5 million dollars just for a 3rd rounder.

The Houston Texans screwed up the situation about as logically possible as the Texans would have gotten a #3 at the end of this year and had his talent on the field all season.

6. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He was a DE here to... We just tried to workaround that and tag him as a LB. Which was dumb if you ask me, i mean its just a $2 million difference and its not like we are going to spend that money elsewhere this season. That is what caused this relationship to go sour and for him to start his holdout.

Now im not mad we didnt sign him long term i just wish we could have kept him these next two years on the tag and then just cut bait with him after and get the 3rd round compensatory pick when he signed somewhere else, Especially since we wernt able to get good value back for him. But its whatever now.

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bro we have already established what his official grievance is. LINEBACKER TAG

Not trades

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

We have established league rules required him to be tagged as a linebacker

9. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

But thats only because the Texans say he is an OLB when he rarely actually plays the position.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

But they couldn't change it. Again there is nothing incompetent about franchise tagging. Von Miller a much more valuable OLB has been franchise tagged

11. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

Why would rumors about him not wanting to be traded come out before the trade rumors themselves?

There were a lot of reports before the tag and after that Clowney was gonna sit out camp but be back by week 1. Been following this pretty closely as a lot of us have and never read a single report, rumor, rumbling, etc...that Clowney wouldn’t have signed the tag to play out the season here. If you believe he wouldn’t have, that’s up to you but there’s nothing to back that up.

12. Buck Turgidson

I admire yall's patience.

[​IMG]

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Because he is the one who looks bad not signing and not showing up

Again the only out of the ordinary aspect is a player not signing a franchise tag

"I would sign the tag and love to be here but we are hearing about me being traded as soon as i sign"

Who wins that pr war?

14. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Dude holds out

Signs just in time not to miss checks.

Texans move forward and haven't missed him

But they're incompetent

15. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I really don’t care anymore. The Texans screwed up. What’s new? I am, however, very intrigued about what Martin will deliver going forward and what Ojuwhatever can provide.

raining threes likes this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Nope.

He was going to sign the franchise tag and report before the Texans tried to trade again.

That is on the Texans and that is why the Texans are paying 8.5 million to play for the Seahawks. All for a 3rd round pick.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Yup on the Clowney situation they were incompetent.

18. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

And you have proof of this? Again Clowney decided waaay back in July to actually file a grievance about what he was tagged

Where is your proof?

I have FACTS not rumors

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Omg... this is not the most nails on the chalkoboard thread in the history of the bbs.

NOTCB if you want to use the acronym instead.

raining threes, Nimo and Nook like this.
  20. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Can you please link to your facts? We have linked to the sources we have referenced.