1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I cannot disagree. 10 points between Biden and Warren is a race, but 2 points between Warren and Sanders is not? Doesn't make any sense.

ThatBoyNick and MojoMan like this.
  2. biff17

biff17 Member

So you have an issue with this guy having an opinion on the primary, yet most of the articles you post are somebody having an opinion on the the primary.

For some reason you always agree with those opinions.

Seems legit.

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"Why aren't the minorities supporting the woman who I refer to with a lazy racial slur?"

B-Bob likes this.
  4. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

snowconeman22 and B-Bob like this.
  5. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

It was she who attempted to deceitfully misappropriate an ethnic identity not her own. And she will have to wear that like a set of native-American Chief head-feathers throughout the general election, if she becomes the nominee.

[​IMG]

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I still don't get the thread title. Why do you have to ready Trump's Clown Car? I mean, Trump may look like a Clown, and act like a Clown, and take up as much space as a lot of Clowns, but why diss his car?

7. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Biden, at this stage in life, likely has low T and is passed the high risk stage for BIMBO ERUPTIONS. Corruption and gaffes are still in play, however.

We will have to settle for the close cousin that will rock this race and propel Pocahontas to the nomination.
    BURISMA ERUPTIONS

GOOD DAY

8. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Who will be next to get out? It might be Cory Booker. He is saying if he cannot raise millions within a matter of days, it could well be time for him to pack it in.

Next one out? Booker memo warns he may not be in 2020 race 'much longer'

The struggling candidate's campaign manager, Addisu Demissie, warned that after weaker-than-expected fundraising in the early part of September, the campaign needs to rake in another $1.7 million before the last day of the financial quarter on Sept. 30.

"Without a fundraising surge to close out this quarter, we do not see a legitimate long-term path forward," Demissie wrote in the Saturday memo to staff and supporters. "The next 10 days will determine whether Cory Booker can stay in this race."​

This guy is a strange cat. It probably was a good move for him to try and run. But it is not going to happen for him. Like Kamala Harris, his hopes always depended on him going heavy with the race card. He has not done that to nearly the degree that would be required. Also, he does not seem to personally resonate with very many Democrat voters, regardless of their skin color. So, now might be a good time to call it quits.

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Warren takes the lead in the most recent Iowa poll and also the RCP poll average in Iowa. Meanwhile, Sanders is neck and neck with Biden in New Hampshire and led in one of the polls last week there.

Warren 22, Biden 20, Sanders 11, Buttigieg 9, Harris 6

If Biden loses the first two primaries, that will through this whole race into a state of dog-eat-dog chaos. And then Katy, bar the door.

10. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    If there was ever a year for a late entrant into the Democratic primary, it's this year. Biden is fatally flawed due to corruption and diminished mental faculties. Warren is an awful politician, has no leadership skills, and lied repeatedly about her ethnicity to dishonestly advance her professional career. Harris is an awful politician and now that her "good" looks have worn off, she can't sleep her way to the top anymore. Bernie promotes failed policies and is too old and crazy. Spartacus Booker has a flair for the dramatic but is not a serious candidate. Klobuchar is an over-the-hill milquetoast suburban mom who has no business in leadership. There simply aren't any good politicians. Hillary, for all her flaws, at least had a strong following of ugly spinster women and emotionally troubled 20-somethings. Do any of these bad politicians in the Democratic primary have an actual following? Bernie I guess. But the rest of them are just "I-hate-Trump" placeholders. Not a winning formula.

GOOD DAY

MojoMan, Corrosion and mick fry like this.
  11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

12. mick fry

mick fry Member

Racist! You can’t put on white face.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Someone of your ilk calling me a racist is a badge of honor. Thank you.

14. mick fry

mick fry Member

You are well decorated in the Hall Of Shame.

15. Nook

Nook Member

So do y’all want the Indian or the Clown?

Feels like two shitty Arkham Asylum characters cut from the final comic.

ryan_98 likes this.
  16. El_Conquistador

Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Is the video below an actual politician running for the highest office in the land? He sounds like a nursing home resident telling rambling, incoherent, embellished stories about his youth.

UNFIT FOR OFFICE

MojoMan likes this.
  17. mick fry

mick fry Member

Too bad, I was really looking forward to many more incoherent stories.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

The Democrats in congress are apparently gearing up to vote on a motion to impeach President Trump.

Apparently Tulsi Gabbard is going to vote no.

Tulsi Gabbard won't join fellow Democrats' calls for impeachment: It would be 'terribly divisive'

Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, D-Hawaii, said Tuesday she will not join with other House Democrats in supporting the impeachment of President Trump.

The push for impeachment has picked up steam in recent days, including from Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., in response to a whistleblower complaint that reportedly alleged Trump pressured the Ukrainian president to investigate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

Gabbard, who is running for the Democratic presidential nomination in a crowded field, said on "Fox & Friends" that she has been consistent in saying that victory in the 2020 election, not impeachment, is the way for Democrats to make sure Trump leaves office. I believe that impeachment at this juncture would be terribly divisive for the country at a time when we are already extremely divided. The hyperpartisanship is one of the main things driving our country apart," she told host Brian Kilmeade.​

snowconeman22 likes this.
  20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Mojo I think this is complicated .

First of all I like tulsi .

Second , I think morally , and legally you could impeach trump ... or at least bring up a vote . Is that really so Outlandish. Didn’t republicans try to impeach Clinton for sleeping with a secretary ? If that passed the bar so does this Ukraine **** and the old stuff too. Muller was a lifelong republican, if there was nothing impeachable he would have flat out said it .... so basically what I’m saying is that at least a case can be made

But the problem as usual is politics . If dems try to impeach now then it DOES ramp up partisanship , because we’ve seen republicans won’t die without a fight . The media will play a role , narratives will be twisted, a lot normal people will fall back into their echo chambers and tensions will rise .

Furthermore , say it does succeed , who is pence ? What will he do ? How does that change the dynamic of the upcoming election ?

Personally I think trumps base is weakening and would vote for certain democratic candidates . What are the dems chances of beating trump in 2020 vs the harm he can potentially do while still in office .

I would love for our democracy to be as simple as ... President X did something immoral and impeachable so we will impeach. But that’s not how it works .

I think not voting for impeachment may be morally wrong , but practically right . That’s the crossroads

MojoMan likes this.