1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MDA: Improving Defensive Rebounding #1 Focus

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FrontRunner, Sep 15, 2019.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so he didnt realize this during the reg season and made the necessary preparations, changes, and adjustments for the playoffs?

Jontro and PeterKingX like this.
  2. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Who else you gonna play at the 4 ? ….

D-rock likes this.
  3. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I knew you were lazy. Reply again when you review those 5 minutes. There was no evidence during his 5 minutes that would leave me to want more. Watch or don't reply. You don't deserve to be in this discussion unless you do.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Improving defensive rebounding?

Morey work his ass off to recruit midgets guards one after another.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would shout out on behalf of Overall Defense.

6. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

are we targetting someone who can solve our 3/4 or 4/3 shortage? anyone from the concluded fiba world cup? one of the hernangomez bros could fit us tho..

7. Nook

Nook Member

MDA has made his concerns/preferences obvious..... he wants length or at least good defensive rebounders.

Westbrook should help some on the boards, and IF they get a healthy Iggy, he would help as well.

Still, I have to think that the Rockets attempt to add a long 3/4 hybrid by the deadline. The issue is that the effective players that are long 3/4's are very valuable and difficult to get.

Deckard, D-rock, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  8. foggy94

foggy94 Member

Yep, just looking at players who posted a good DREB% last year who are at least competent at shooting.. there really aren't any options. Not many who would be available anyway. It sucks that Memphis nixed that potential JaMychal Green trade at the deadline last year, he would have been perfect. Guys like Noah Vonleh and Larry Nance can rebound but can't really shoot. Ibaka could be great if his shot returns, but salary matching is probably impossible. Thabo Sefolosha is probably the best option we could go out and get now, I'm surprised Morey hasn't.

Improvement will have to come internally most likely. House I think has the tools to rebound or at least box out, I think if he shows he can do that he will earn the starting spot over EG. Clint has to be better too. I'm intrigued to see how much Russ will help us. I wonder if we will try putting both Harden and Russ on their forwards on post ups. House/Gordon/Tucker can all switch into perimeter guys fine.

BaselineFade and HP3 like this.
  9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Your whole assessment of Faried, based on 5 minutes of play, is lazy in itself lol. You may wanna check out more Rocket games bro

10. don grahamleone

You have no clue who you're talking to. I spent a lot of time trying to figure out why D'Antoni stopped playing Faried. When I try to figure things out I'm not lazy like yourself.

First off, I don't miss any games at all. I have league pass so I can go watch games again(that means a second time there lazy fan-guy) whenever I want and I do.

Second, I didn't say Faried was unplayable against the league. He's not. He's pretty effective against the league, but against the Warriors he's unplayable. I went back and watched the every minute he played for us during the regular season against the Warriors. I watched the February 23rd game, then I watched the game on March 13th.. both against the Warriors. He looked fine in the regular season to me.

Last, I went to the 5 minutes Golden State played against us and Faried got torched. He also was never anywhere NEAR a defensive rebound, which was the whole flippin' reason he was in there for the minutes he was.

Your take was lazy. You put in no effort. You're a lazy fan. You're not willing to take the time to figure anything out yet you rest on your laurels because why? You watch all the games live? Who cares.. we all do that. This is Clutchfans. If you want to have a real conversation where you look like an informed person, put in the work. If not, send an apology my way and drop it. You're unequipped to talk about this. I'm not.

KENNETH FARIED WAS UNPLAYABLE VS THE WARRIORS. Get it through your thick skull or do the work on your own like I did. If you do as much as I did, you'd realize the Warriors figured out how to work us over with Kenneth in there. They switched Faried onto Steph at the 3 point line and it was over from there. We had no answer for that... so we pulled him. He was unplayable... against the Warriors. Case closed.

If you want to reopen the case.. do the work or drop it.

I might even be wrong.. but you're too lazy to prove me wrong. (Hint: I'm not wrong and I worked until I found an answer. You asked the question and believed yourself to be a basketball god so you have the answer all-knowing fan. Your ego does not equal your mental abilities. Put in the work.)

fckbandwagons, HP3 and Reeko like this.
  11. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

far"weed" does not fit into the small ball system. House basically took his spot. To me Far"weed" was at a disadvantage since he never really started the season with the rockets in my opinion.

I questioned farweed after melo got dropped just because in my mind I just remember melo from the Olympics. Maybe the team seen something else with Melo but after Far"weed" is gone, can't really blame the players...just wrong team and bad timing!

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

Don taking head shots!! I loved this post.

biff17 and don grahamleone like this.
  13. HP3

HP3 Member

Dude it was a personnel problem, not a Dantoni issue. Dantoni and Jeff knew forever that it was rebounding.

14. eliefor3

eliefor3 Member

Wasn't he there in the playoffs? It wasn't Morey that didn't play him or faried

vlaurelio and kjayp like this.
  15. valorita

valorita Member

If PJ is going to be our 4, we need length and above average rebounding in every other position. Capela, can hold his own. Tell Harden and PJ to just box someone out. Westbrook is the best rebounding PG in the game.
    So we need a long and springy SF.

Really, our best option for rebounding is to get a good rebounding 3.

Mike said something similar I believe.

16. dmoneybangbang

I think Tyson Chandler is a good get for the Rockets, the dude can still rebound at a high level in short minutes (~15MPG). Hopefully we play Tucker less at the 5 during the regular season for wear and tear but also to boost the rebounding. I think Chandler will be the consummate pro and more than eager to set hard screens in the PNR with Westbrook.

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

So again, Faried was unplayable against GS based on your 5 minute assessment of him? Yet I'm lazy smh

kjayp likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

Yes. You're lazy. Watch the evidence or admit you're nothing worth listening to.

Every time you reply, I can't tell you how much less I think of you as a fan and as a person. I sincerely hope you do the work and have an educated response. I really really don't want to think of you what I think of you. I want to think good things, but all I hear is lazy ego.

#58 don grahamleone, Sep 17, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2019
    HP3 likes this.
  19. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

I did watch the evidence, and 5 minutes of evidence isn't sufficient enough lol.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Lol. Don't pretend you care about defensive rebounding if you're going to start Eric Gordon at the 3 again.

You have a much more natural fit there with House and now Sefalosha, but you're going to start Gordon because you don't care.

CK Johnson and vlaurelio like this.