1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ready The Clown Car: The First Batch of Democrats Are Ready To Announce Their 2020 Bids

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jan 1, 2019.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Senator Joe Manchin (D-WV) is not going to let Beto O'Roarke take his guns away. No sir.

Manchin: 'Beto O'Rourke is not taking my guns away from me'

Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.) told reporters Wednesday that presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke is "not taking my guns away from me."

Manchin told a Wall Street Journal reporter that the former Texas representative did not speak for all Democrats when vowing to complete mandatory buybacks for certain high-powered rifles.

"Beto's one human being," Manchin said, according to a Wall Street Journal reporter. "He gave his own opinion, OK? I think it was very harmful to make it look like all the Democrats. I can tell you one thing: Beto O'Rourke's not taking my guns away from me. You tell Beto that OK?"​

2. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Manchin is smart to say this , regardless of what he actually believes. It does hurt the Democratic Party . We aren’t going to get anything done with a stance like Beto’s .

If we can agree on anything , it’s that republicans are better than democrats at politics haha . If Mitch and the gang don’t want **** to get done , they have PhD’s in stalling and killing legislation. It’s gonna take a smart enough appeal that is a common sense solution to the majority of the the public.

Something like reasonable background checks and banning the sale and transfer of certain classes of firearms. I’d also like people listen to Andrew yangs idea to work with tech companies to personalize guns (not fingerprint but grip dimension.)

Depending on if you think the idea of a government buy back program offends the idea of limited govt etc , then I would say that is a proposal that has a decent chance of getting passed in conjunction with the ban on sale. (In all of this I’m talking about the previously mentioned classes of firearms)

3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

That’s worse than a Trump?? Kavanaugh May have some demons ... or not. I don’t know. If not it’s not cool to him and his family but big picture he’s a Supreme Court justice and doing fine.

Trump makes fun of mentally ill people. And veterans (if they have brown skin). And lies a lot on twitter. And treats objects like women man. That’s worse

4. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

The guy our country mistakenly elected president in 2016 comes to mind.

5. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

It seems that people like Mojo and Mick Fry practically get horny when they enter into their trump defending, Democrat bashing trance. Dembashgasm - is that a word?

Dispicable, nasty, vile .... nnnggghhhhaaaaahhhh

biff17 likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Note: fox news poll...

7. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Elizabeth Warren, Ladies and Gentlemen:

[​IMG]

Could she be the one who Democrats will choose to take on Donald Trump?

Not seeing a lot of dark skin in that crowd....

#1727 MojoMan, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  8. biff17

biff17 Member

Show me a rally that does have a lot of dark skin?

9. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Sounds like you never made it to any of Obama's rally's.

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Interesting to know you went to a lot of Obama campaign events.

11. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

For all you know, I was a regular at these events. :D

JuanValdez likes this.
  12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I knew you were a huge Obama supporter -- you can't stop talking about him.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. biff17

biff17 Member

True Dat.

But what does that have to do with 2019?

Take a look at these pics and Obama did not have a lot either.

https://www.bing.com

15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Obama won in no small part because of the support he received from the black community. It does not appear from that picture that Pocahontas is receiving very much of that support by comparison.

Just something to think about.

16. biff17

biff17 Member

That still has nothing to do with his rallies.

Take a look at his rally pics

Not a great amount of Dark faces.

17. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    Bill de Blasio just dropped out of the 2020 race. We are one step closer to Hillary announcing!

GOOD DAY

18. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Now he can go back to laying waste to New York City.

Apparently President Trump agrees:

#1738 MojoMan, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    JuanValdez likes this.
  19. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

Chris Cillizza at CNN believes that this contest is now down to a two person race.

The 2020 top tier is just two candidates now

There are -- still! -- 20 candidates running for the Democratic presidential nomination. But, at the moment, it looks like a two-horse race. Those two are former Vice President Joe Biden and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren who, in a series of recent polls, increasingly appear to be separating themselves from the rest of the field.

Biden is averaging 28.8% in the Real Clear Politics polling average of all national surveys, while Warren is at 18.3% -- almost 2 points clear of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (16.5%).

Two points clear in the latest poll. That is the margin by which Pocahantas has taken the lead - still five months away from the first primary votes being cast - and Cillizza has decided that is all he needs to see to cast Bernie Sanders onto the ash-heap of history. What a clown.

The degree that these people insert themselves into these contests to try to affect the outcome and make themselves part of the story is really quite remarkable. Bernie Sanders got the shaft in no uncertain terms from a very corrupt DNC in 2016. And now it appears that they are going after him again.

I get it that many of these "journalists" and the leaders of their media organizations are extreme narcissists who are arrogant to a degree that is pretty close to off the scale. They believe that it is up to them to pick the winners and losers, to help the candidates they like and try to hamstring the ones that they do not like.

Did these people not learn anything from the 2016 primary contest debacle and the resentment and lack of trust that fiasco engendered? And now, they are doing it again.

This kind of interference could well serve to help Sanders and his campaign going forward. Do not be surprised if it does.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

long live de Blasio