1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Rangers @ Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

All series talk goes in here. Non series talk goes somewhere else. No PBP, that can be found from other sources if you need it. All games are broadcast on AT&T Sports SW unless otherwise noted.

9-17 Lance Lynn (R) vs. Justin Verlander (R) 7:10

9-18 Kolby Allard (L) vs. Gerrit Cole (R) 7:10

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Just. Win.

SemisolidSnake and jim1961 like this.
  3. AKdaDawg

AKdaDawg Member

Anyone giving away free tix to the first person that responds? I call dibs!

4. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

Stomp on their throats. #BTSOOTR

5. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Correa back and hitting 7th. hahahaha

Houstunna, seemoreroyals, Kim and 2 others like this.
  6. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I figured Correa would be put in the 7 spot when he came back. This is still his "rehab assignment" since there are no more minor league games. Not sure what we're going to get from Correa down the stretch as he didn't come back from his back injury very well last year but of course this time wasn't as severe (we hope).

7. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

He was hitting 6th before he got hurt, it isn't as if it's some huge demotion.

Hopefully he's feeling good enough to be the good Correa but who f**king knows at this point. I don't personally dislike Correa like so many people around here, but his injury situation is certainly tiresome.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Let's hope that Correa remains healthy the rest of the way and hits like he did before the injury.

The line up is one of the best every with Correa healthy and playing well.

Seriously......

Springer
    Altuve
    Brantley
    Bregman
    Alvarez
    Gurriel
    Correa
    Chirinos
    Reddick

9. Nook

Nook Member

Good to see Felipe Vazquez just ruined his career and life.

10. AznH-TownFan

AznH-TownFan Member

Crazy chit with this guy. He should never be able to step foot outside of jail for a very very long time.

Nook likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

12. SemisolidSnake

We've got the two best pitchers in the majors starting for us this series. No excuses. I want to see both of them as 20-game winners at the end of the season. Make it happen, bats.

13. SemisolidSnake

Hinch is very conscientious about his players' health, so I implicitly trust that he knows how to handle this. Sounds like a good plan. However, I don't think I'm ever again going to be able to watch Correa play without a twinge of nagging fear that the next play could land him right back on the IL. I also trust that Hinch has already planned for a Correa-less playoffs just in case.

seemoreroyals likes this.
  14. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

There's really not much to plan for other than Diaz/Toro filling the hole if Correa is out.

I assume that no way will Straw be on the playoff rosters, especially in an ALCS or WS, given you probably don't want him playing SS at that stage and our outfield is so deep.

15. SemisolidSnake

Yeah, I wonder if you have Toro around as well just in case something happens to Yuli. Straw was on the ALDS roster last year for his speed, but we'll see if they can afford that luxury this year.

Of course, the pitcher injury situation is much worse. I count 13 obvious pitchers you'd take to the playoffs if everyone's healthy by then, but three are currently on the IL. If not everyone's healthy, then there will be choices about either bringing some of the younger guys along and/or sticking with 12 pitchers and 13 position players. They'll take four outfielders, two catchers, and Yordan and Diaz, and that's 12 right there. So there's one flex spot for either an extra pitcher or infielder.

I hope the team can just be healthy by playoff time. This season has been ridiculous.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Toro deserves to make the post season roster and he deserves a large role next year.

He is a very good fielder, he is very quick and his bat is solid and will get better.

He could be a 4 WAR player next year and more down the line.... and he is under long term team control.

SemisolidSnake and CheezeyBoy22 like this.
  17. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I'm with you. I really don't get the hatred. Yes, it sucks that he's been injury prone. But when he's healthy, he's one of the best in the game. The only thing that stands out about him hitting 7th has nothing to do with him at all. It's that the lineup is just that good and he's still theoretically rehabbing.

everyday eddie likes this.
  18. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

It's not hate. It is frustration and you summed it up in one sentence. If he was playing everyday like Bregman nobody would care about the other stupid stuff with Correa like switching agents, girlfriend's youtube channel, etc.

2 years in a row he's had back problems. A 24 year old SS that dives all over the field and has a high torque swing with back problems.... Astros can't afford to invest in that long term.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

If the noise started last season, I'd agree with you. But it started with his engagement. Even before then, people were certain that he'd never sign here long term. There's been a level of dislike for Correa that I don't think was entirely fair coming from before this run of bad luck.

I don't disagree long term. I'd be very hesitant to sign a SS with constant back problems. Ideally, he switches to 3B and Bregman to SS...but I don't see that happening.

20. Mattician

Mattician Member

Please give Verlander some run support!