1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tilman: This is our window to win a championship

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Sep 12, 2019.

1. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t own a basketball team and I’m not a great bond trader like Leslie Alexander and I’m not a mogul like Tilman.

However I do know a good sports owner doesn’t publicly say much, and only steps in and says something when necessary. Robert Kraft with deflate gate, Crane when the Astros began a rebuild, Alexander after the McHale debacle.

Deckard, Deuce, FrontRunner and 9 others like this.
  2. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

James Harden is the best player he'll ever have on his roster, and I don't think he realizes that. It's now or never.

Mathloom, Von Rafer and Nook like this.
  3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

LOL. Can't wait till see when we get a new coach next year. Doesn't he realize Mike D is almost 90 years old??? He's going Jack Ramsey on us???

4. TilmanFinancialWindfall

So true. This guy talks to much. Kind of like Dolan, talking for no reason. Look at how it turned out f or Dolan after he said, "We're going to have our pick of Free Agents with $70 millions in cap to use"

ROFL

DUDE SHUT UP

Nook likes this.
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s facts

we could easily go a decade plus before we get another guy that comes even just reasonably close to Harden as a player

1 playoff series win since 1997 before Harden arrived...never forget

if we can’t win one with him, then damn, that would be such a waste

back in the day we were just hoping to get out of the 1st round or sneak into the playoffs as a 7th or 8th seed...with Harden we can actually dream about a championship

amaru, BaselineFade, jcf and 2 others like this.
  6. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

"We're all-in and in championship mode but you bet your ass I'll tip toe around that luxury tax line!"

Seriously, I stopped trusting this guy as early as his first "goal" as the Rocket owner.

The first thing he promised Rockets fans was to fill the seats in the lower bowl facing the cameras at tip off and 2 years later, that still hasn't happened.

If he can't even accomplish something so simple to do as an owner, he won't be able to uphold any big promises.

Joshfast likes this.
  7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Les era: we are capped out, we cant sign any players due to this.

Tilman era: pay the cap, dick.

tinman likes this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

How bad is Daryl Morey drafting in the First Round that's the issue.

Marcus Morris over Kawhi Leonard

Trading for Harden required to give a Toronto pick(Lowry trade) to OKC they drafted Steven Adams
    The next pick was Giannis Antetekounmpo

What if the Rockets never traded for James Harden and Drafted Giannis Antetekounmpo and Drafted Kawhi on the same team. That would be a Legendary Team to build around them

cheke64 likes this.
  9. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Did he mention “at all costs” or “pay luxury tax”?

If not, sorry the window is closed.

10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He saying he wont be spending anymore for the next 10 years.

[​IMG]

#30 Zboy, Sep 12, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2019
  11. hvic

hvic Member

Tilman seem to be a little attention w****

deb4rockets and FrontRunner like this.
  12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

As much as I don’t like what he’s saying, hes right.

If we don’t win a chip during Harden’s prime we’re not going to win one for the next 10 years, that is reality, baring a miracle.

So harden was plays through this contract over the next 3-4 season whatever he has left on his deal and then we either win a chip and he re-ups for his swan song or he leaves to join a contender to get a ring or he stays to finish his career here without a ring.

Either way his prime is over and we’re in rebuild.

Look at the freaking lakers when is the last time they won a chip? 09? Something like that. They’ve been crap for a decade and now just got an aged Lebron and a prime AD.

Took them a decade and there not really positioned for sustained success because there best player is on his last leg and has maybe 2 more years after this at best.

Luckily for harden and the rockets.

Now is the time. There’s not one team that is head and shoulders over the rest and houston is right at the top with the lakers clippers and bucks so it’s go time.

lilbird20, Y2JT, amaru and 2 others like this.
  13. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Forfeited the future for a massively declining stat padder who is coming off yet another knee surgery.

He is right and he is dumb.

I am watching CP3 in workouts and I am pretty damn certain he will be better than last year, and better than WB again. Probably ending up on a contender.

Disaster.

14. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

that was only because of broke back-tmac. greg olstertag used to give tmac problems along with keriliko and deron Williams.

can't really see rockets getting past LeBron in a 7 game series. So getting past golden state might be completely out of question.

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

He really does...too much talking for someone that ddont shot the rock or play. He pretty much has proven me right, that he is a Jerry jones type owner....not good if u ask me damn it

16. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Hes basically saying the window is hardens prime ,once he gets old retire we wint have a squad that will be that good for years to come.

Y2JT likes this.
  17. izeroi

izeroi Member

#eatmorelandrys

18. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This man is rapidly trending towards someone I hate.

When they ducked the tax last season, I grit my teeth and accepted it. Didn't like it..at all, but I understood down the road it could be a lot of money even for a billionaire. But then he had to come out and open his mouth about how he wasn't trying to duck the tax, basically pissing in the face of the fans like we're completely r****ded.

Now he wants to act like we're all in. Last year was our title window and a precious year of Harden's prime as well and he punted for possible savings...in the future, why should we believe a damn thing he says.

Seriously just shut the f**k up.

smp, slothy420, RichieBanks and 2 others like this.
  19. Nook

Nook Member

This is a really bizarre post.

If you really want an exercise, try to figure out how Morey has turned a middling lottery pick into Harden and Westbrook.

D-rock, Patience and amaru like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

You cannot trust anything he says at all.

If he really believed MDA was so great and would be the coach for a long time, he would have paid him the chump change he wanted.

If he really was all in, he would have taken on Patterson or other contracts to make moves at the deadline but he didn’t.

He did take on Westbrook’s longer deal, but he also knows he will make money off Westbrook.

D-rock, BigBum, smp and 4 others like this.