1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Netflix] Bill Burr Paper Tiger

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AleksandarN, Sep 11, 2019.

1. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Did anyone watch his new Netflix standup special. It was hilarious. I like it better than Dave Chappell’s new one.

weakfromtoday likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I watched it but I didn't think it was nearly as good as any of his previous Netflix stuff.

ThatBoyNick likes this.
  3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I liked it -- but like the last DC show there are quite a few reworked jokes and rehashed rants. They are still funny, but lack unexpected punch lines -- you know where he is going when he starts the bit and that takes away some of the humor.

Also he was telling a lot of jokes geared towards an American audience in the UK so the crowd is a bit flat at times.

4. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Hmm I like it better than his previous one.

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A lot of dull moments... well, the majority of it was rather dull for me actually. But there were some really funny parts sprinkled in. Like I laughed very hard at the airbag joke, harder then I've laughed at anything else in a pretty long time.

Side note, I love F is for family. Glad that it's going into its 4th season already, hope that series stays around for many more years. For anybody that's never heard of it, It's Bill's cartoon on Netflix, If you like Bill and you like adult cartoons, make sure you check it out.

weakfromtoday and Jayzers_100 like this.
  6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

The first two seasons were great, last season was a little too much anger, arguing and uncomfortable scenarios -- it's good just not as fun as the first two IMHO.

7. Buck Turgidson

Of course it's NSFW

B-Bob likes this.
  8. theimpossibles1

Loved it. I LOLd several times even though I was in a bad mood when I watched it.

I laughed hardest when he went off on the "ASK FOR CONSENT!" guy.

Rocket River likes this.
  9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Listened to it on the way to and from work this morning. Thought it was great.

10. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Funniest part for me was the airbag bit

11. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I've been consuming a lot of his podcast over the last year-and-a-half. A lot of what appeals about his persona in that arena is his ability to branch off into additional tangents within a single train of thought, and either come up with new jokes or just neurotically self-edit. That's separate from his talk show persona, which is all prepackaged setup, but still with some very well-crafted responses.

He "gets away with" a lot of stuff that a Nick DiPaolo, Anthony Cumia, Doug Stanhope or now Louis C. K. probably wouldn't from the press or mainstream audiences, because he manages to maintain some kind of positivity and somehow convey that he's either exaggerating or aware of his ignorance.

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Yeah, it's self awareness and he's not acting like he's naughty for saying wrong edgy things that can be justifiably right.

Haven't done the research but I don't think he'd say the n-word outright like old Louis ck or Tarantino just because he'd get a hall pass.

He's made his anger his thing without needing to cheapen it

13. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

I like listening to him ramble until he goes off on twenty minute hockey or formula racing tangents.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Loved it. On par with his early stuff.

jcf and AleksandarN like this.
  15. jcf

jcf Member

Just watched. Really enjoyed it.

16. Roscoe Arbuckle

I love Burr, but Chappelle's was better.

Rocket River likes this.