1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fantasy Football advice thread [2019-20]

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by YOLO, Aug 5, 2019.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Whoa, Brees! Lutz! Texans... argh...

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

not even a conversation. its brees @NewRoxFan and baker of all people lmao plz. cant even hold his bags yet

3. NewRoxFan

Drop Mayfield, keep Brees? Stafford, Josh Allen, Cousins on waivers right now?

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

the rest of those guys are horrible too haha

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Waller looks solid. Him and tyrell seemingly are the top go to options on the outside. Just hope Waller stays away from the substances lol

6. NewRoxFan

I've never played in a league that had FAAB waivers... offering a waiver bid for Malcolm Brown... I know its impossible to know this league works compared to others, but in general, does 25% of budget seem reasonable?

7. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

Gotta start 2 of these three in a half point ppr:

James White
    James Conner
    Austin Ekeler

Also: Stefan diggs or Josh Gordon?

8. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

If the Pats stay true to form this may be the week that Michel gets a bulk of the work. They adjust each week, and if Miami cant stop the run, they will milk it. Connor and Ekeler should out touch White by a healthy margin this week you would think.

If AB plays, and the Pats jump out to a big lead, will they keep throwing it is my question. I have no idea how they will distribute the targets this week.
    Gordon did look pretty nice last week. Diggs can be hit or miss as well. Is he fully healthy? He played Sunday but reports were that he still was not fully recovered. That's a tough one. I may lean Gordon only because he can turn 2 or 3 catches into 100+ yards and 2 TD's vs the Dolphins.

#128 BaselineFade, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Bear_Bryant likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

Agree with Baseline... Conner and Ekeler. Even if /when the Pats pull away, you have to worry about Burkhead getting snaps. I also agree... Brady and Belicheat will want to show off at least one of their new toys.

10. NewRoxFan

I'm in a 16 team gue where you have to reach for all sorts of players. I grabbed Hunter Renfrow last week due to the Antonio Brown saga, but with Hill out should I drop Renfrow and add Demarcus Robinson (Hardman was long gone)?

11. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

I really like Renfro's potential. I think he will benefit from AB's departure just like their other weapons. Robinson I think has the higher short term ceiling. Just being in that offense means he could have a couple of those monster weeks that can help you get through a tough week. Robinson is being listed as there #2 over Hardman for whatever that's worth.

That's another tough choice man. Short term fix Robinson. Long term consistency and value Renfro.

12. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Didnt see this yesterday but i wouldnt spend that much early in the season. Put 5% and hope. Dont drop mayfield either.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  13. NewRoxFan

Thanks... I didn't win the Brown bid (someone bid 25%) but did win the Chris Thompson bid (bid 13%). Some people were really aggressive on WRs (eg Ross went for 32%, McLaurin for 18%).

14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I usually save my $$ unless i have a real need like trying to replace a starter. Injuries happen and you will need it. I actually went and got thompson in one league because guice was my starter. Spent $8 of my 200 budget so i wasnt really expecting to snag him. Now i have to decide whether to start him or lesean mccoy.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

Interesting. Similar situation... I was able to move Guice to IR, needed a RB that could be "startable" and leaning starting Thompson vs DAL over Lindsey vs CHI (ugh).

In another league, no IR, and again, needed a startable RB, so had to cut Guice (ugh) and someone beat my bid for Thompson (grrr) and thus settled for Gio Bernard, who I will start if Mixon is out.

In a last league (16 team, no FAAB) Thompson and Bernard were drafted and again, needed a RB better than Ryquell Amstead (you'd think that would be easy). The best available was Rahim Mostert, and I burned my #4 waiver position and beat out four other waiver claims. Come bye week, Mostert may be in my starting lineup. :eek:

16. NewRoxFan

Speaking of Guice... feel a little less bad about cutting Guice after seeing this...

17. HTM

HTM Member

Miles Sanders or Hyde in the flex this week my dudes?

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I would go with Sanders I guess. I would think about the same floor this week. Which would both be about 50 yards. I would think Sanders has a higher chance for a TD though.

HTM likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Pick three. Pick three! PICK THREE!!

Because I can't make up my damn mind.

Mike Evans (my QB Winston I drafted likes to throw to the other team more than his own) so I dunno
    Josh Gordon(awful Miami team with Antonio Brown I presume playing this week) again awful awful team hard to pass up starting him
    Kenny Golladay (disappointing last week with only 40 something yards, but a touchdown though)
    John Brown (against the Giants secondary that was carved up by the cowboys last week) if don't start him he will have 50-60 yard TD guaranteed

20. NewRoxFan

I also have Winston at Qb on a team. After all... "TB has two top WRs and a top TE and no RBs... someone has to throw them the ball" . :mad:

I would say Brown for sure. And I'd think Brady and Belicheat will want to show off at least one of their new toys, so I'd go with Gordon against the Miami Replacements. I am hoping that Winston bounces back and so I am choosing Evans as the third.

peleincubus likes this.