1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Clemons

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Jul 6, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

His offense is already pretty otherworldly.

Murphy was 5-9 and similarly jacked, and just a fantastic defender on ball. I think that is going to end up being the yay or nay on Clemons making it in the league. He needs to use that ridiculous quickness and strength of his to suffocate ball handlers.

Physically I absolutely think he is more than capable, but mentality is all that matters.

don grahamleone and Ramo$e like this.
  2. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I get that he is short, but this dude is absolutely thicccccc and jacked and has an insane vertical leap rivaling Nate Robinson. If Aaron Brooks can become a middling defender, I see no reason outside of mentality that this kid can’t play in the league. In fact, with his body type I’m not so sure he couldn’t eventually be a plus defender like Muggsy or Murphy.

To be honest though, he does seem to be more of the “look like Tarzan, play like Jane” type. I hope he has some hidden ruggedness on D in store.

xtruroyaltyx, D-rock and Ramo$e like this.
  3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

20 points a game in the summer league is not otherworldly, but it's promising. He's shown that he can hit an NBA three pointer at a decent clip.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

The way he did it was otherworldly. It is not normal to hit shots of that variance and range consistently. These are not basic NBA three pointers he was hitting.

I find it ill-advised to look at SL stats in a vacuum to make an assessment, good or bad.

#204 RudyTBag, Jul 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  5. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

He should be on an Exhibit 10 contract from the Rockets.

6. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Everytime I think of summer league hype i think of John Lucas III. Clemons is a baller though.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

ThatBoyGood.gif

8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Don't waste another talent Daryl Morey, he deserves a guaranteed 3 yr deal.

So many talented players gone.

Robert Covington released over Francisco Garcia
    James Johnson
    Hassan Whiteside

9. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Jeremy Lin
    Sean Livingston....Clemons has the tools to be in this elite group!

10. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

I bet every single team has a list like this...

11. Le$$

Le$$ Member

1 down 1 to go?

I just want to see this clemons guy during the regular season with some real competition, im not holding my breathe on him, he could very well just had a amazing summer league, nothing is yet true about this player, and you seen this before with small pg trying to prove them selves just to fizzle out.

12. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

He was able to get down hill a lot with off of the playmaking of hartenstein and clark.

13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Chris Clemons is playing next to James Harden as a spot up 3 point shooter, and James trusts Chris to create shots for others or use his quickness for a layup, during Rico Hines pickup games.

D-rock and roslolian like this.
  14. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pick up games vs. NBA ....

This guy seems like he can play, but I see him getting dealt....fits our modus operandi.

randerson, True Rocket and BigShasta like this.
  15. roslolian

roslolian Member

It's really hard as a score first pg to fizzle out in MDA system playing next to WB and James Harden.

randerson likes this.
  16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

clemons is definitely no jelly worthy like youtube says..."no jelly fam"! Only problem was I didn't like the dunks that Portland threw our way back in summer league.

17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

NBA Players are playing these pickup games, a lot of Rookies.

Plowman likes this.
  18. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Cherry pick your data much? Garcia got injured but was a contributor the season before. Covington was making 16 million a few years down the road so we were going to lose him regardless. He was never a championship caliber needle mover, but he does fit the mold of a player we need now and needed last year. However, we needed him at 2 million a year, not 10. Which is what he was making.

So.. what's your point? You just complaining for the sake of complaining or do you lack critical thinking skills?

JW86 likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Maybe you never seen Robert Covington playing and shooting lights out in the preseason, Francisco Garcia only stayed because of being friends with James Harden.
    Robert Covington was All Star MVP in the D League. He had great seasons with the Vipers.
    When Francisco couldn't guard and being slow on defense, couldn't shoot corner 3s.

Yeah I watched them

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Great work captain hindsight. You're still cherry picking data. Morey made the best decision for the team at the time. Then life happened.