1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Not one mention of the 23 run Astros game on ESPN website

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by RKREBORN, Aug 10, 2019.

1. The Law

The Law Member

(6) there is a AAA player who, if called up, would be an instant all star.

2. Buck Turgidson

(7) any reliever who gives up runs was the wrong reliever to put in the game

3. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

(8) everything would have remained exactly the same regardless if something that happened earlier was changed

Joe Joe likes this.
  4. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Recognition is an innate human need... which the astros generate for themselves amongst each other. That’s why they’re so successful... they don’t need all that stuff from the media... they play their own game. Teams like the Yankees are spoiled... they got big budgets and they command instant coverage from the media. Nothing special about that. So, don’t fret. It’s how you end the season.

5. bobrek

But...the Astros DO get positive attention from the National media.

6. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

For sure. I was just responding to that guy. I was just making a point that we seem to need that more than the players themselves.

7. Buck Turgidson

DISRESPECT ALERT!!!

Ten minutes into the show, following the Antonio Brown nonsense, SC is highlighting the race for the best record in MLB. They chose to cover the heated long-standing natural rivalry between the Astros and Seattle 3rd, following the who-cares games between newcomers NY-Bos and LA-SF.

8. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Dude, grow a pair and let it go about this thread. You seem personally offended for some reason.

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. Buck Turgidson

Just doing my best to be a real fan.

The Hunted, leroy and Major like this.
  10. vince

vince Member

Much respect to you for sitting through the National perspective. I’m glad they cover the Astros fondly, frankly I’m just so burnt out in their lunacy, they could say anything good or bad and their opinions hold none of my attention or interest.

Someone should listen and I’m glad it isn’t me!!! Even cut my Sling TV, my last ESPN / TNT / Fox Sports southwest blah blah blah...

mick fry likes this.
  11. Buck Turgidson

It was 1 AM and I was awake...had just finished watching the game on the DVR right when SC was starting. I don't make a point to do it, but it's not bad background noise. All talking/screaming opinion shows are unwatchable. I do not care about anything they say.

vince likes this.
  12. awc713

awc713 Member

It's at the point where I don't watch the national pundits. I'll read respected writers and their thoughts, but I'll stay away from ESPN et al. They're for entertainment, not substance. Not worth getting upset over, it's just the reality. It used to frustrate me, now I just ignore it. Besides, anyone who *actually* knows what's up knows that the Astros are a very real threat (if not the favorite) to win in all. October is fickle and impossible to predict. Hopefully we stay healthy and rested, and getting the top seed would be the cherry on top.

Winning it all makes it that much more sweeter in the end. Go Stros!

vince likes this.
  13. mick fry

mick fry Member

I haven’t watched SC in years, **** them.

whiskeyred and vince like this.
  14. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I still remember Joe Buck, John Smoltz, A.J Pierzynski bashing the Astros on Commentary.

Those jerks were ruining play calling, always talking down on the players.

RKREBORN and vince like this.
  15. vince

vince Member

I can quite honestly say that what you and a handful of other posters write carries a boatload more weight (especially in the Astros talk area). Yeah sure sometimes any of us can get annoying or whiny, but overall the quality of analytical conversation about our Houston teams has gone wayward up!

Keep up the good job fellow posters...

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

No Worries likes this.
  17. bobrek

RKREBORN likes this.
  18. Buck Turgidson

They have the gall to list 4 stories above it in the Top Headlines section. As a real fan, this is infuriating.

19. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

They have front page story about the 21-7 beat down the A’s came back with. There was over 125 year old history set .

20. Buck Turgidson

Yelich out for the season
    Antonio Brown rape?
    Dodgers Clinch the NLWest
    Astros game

Just horrible disrespect. Are you even a Real Fan?