1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Nene to re-sign

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Sep 3, 2019.

1. SRR21

SRR21 Member

Cato for the win!

saleem likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2 minutes PT instead of 10.

Would they carry him around, pay him, and he just sits.....

#142 daywalker02, Sep 4, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
  3. pr0wler

pr0wler Member

By re-signing, Nene definitely is not saying "Nono". Looking forward to seeing him to the Nenasty during this upcoming season.

4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think Capela is gone tbh. I do not for a moment believe that Morey is happy with a roster featuring a PG and 3 C's who all can't shoot. It means for 32+ minutes a game, we will have two players on the floor who can't shoot in the year 2019. There is no way we can continue to be a top 2 offense with that problem.

5. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

You may be right. I was listening to ESPN 97.5 yesterday morning. Lance Z stated that he already knows that Capela is gone. During or after this season. Lance always seemed to be a straight shooter, but of course I don't know if his Rocket sources are legit.

Mathloom likes this.
  6. JW86

JW86 Member

Depends if Capela’s contract nets you a spacing big. Still, Nene re-signing is insurance and a locker room presence everyone is familiar with. It’s not a sign of anything as far as Capela being “gone”.

saleem likes this.
  7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think Shumpert qualifies as an "old face", he was with us for like 4 months. I would think it would be someone who either left the team a while ago and is coming back, or someone who was at least with us a little while. Ryno has Shump beat on both of those but I guess Brewer does too.

Ryno at the minimum, at the position we need help at makes a ton of sense. Also, he should feel less pressure knowing that he's not the 2nd highest paid player on the team. Whatever Morey's analytics told him Ryno was worth 20 mil probably still say he's worth 2 million.

8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Nenê

Played in 42 games at 13 minutes per.

Tyson Chandler

Played in 48 games at 16 minutes per.

Both are about the same age. Maybe the Rockets are thinking that these two can alternate games as the backup 5?

D-rock and BaselineFade like this.
  9. Le$$

Le$$ Member

he is a big body with 1 more year in him, i think the rockets have a shot at getting a chip, he could be a 3rd big they need. He a big body that can still get up and down, not very much but you think running him and tyson just 10 mins a game seems fair.

They both are playing 1 more year for a chip. Lets hope the rockets can get there. If tyson misses some games nene will be right there vis versua , and the rockets will need him , and there is nobody who can fill nene shoes out there.

10. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't think it depends. I don't think Morey considers the C position nearly as important as a lot of this board feels. If he's under financial pressure, limiting your spending at the 5 to under $5m between 3 players is a great strategy imo.

Morey and MDA will not live through a season with two non-shooting players on the floor for 32+ minutes. Regardless what it does for our defense or rebounding, it means we are out of the race for the championship.

11. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Now let's do it right so Luis can retire a Rocket.

12. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

That, or his agent misread his market?

Gray_Jay likes this.
  14. xaos

xaos Member

Maybe the old face is joining our coaching staff

15. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Morey ain't trading Capela unless it nets us a star in return.

Is K.Love going to be playing center for us soon? :eek:

HTownTmac1 likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

We signed him again....he is too old....

DD

17. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Was wondering when / if this would happen.

Nene had said something about "being hard to give up money" when he declined his player option for the year. Made me think they were going to resign him in some capacity.

Seems there was some handshake deal between Morey and Nene and it was made good.

With both Nene and Chandler being …. almost as old as me , we probably see them split the season , neither playing back to back games.

My biggest question is what about Hartenstein ? Does he get any burn or is he back with RGV again ?

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

That's the plan.

19. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Maybe. Clutch speculated the draft-night deal that fell through was Capela for Boston's #21 (or whatever). If another deal comes up...?

20. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

That’s crazy he looks so old... I still remember his first game as a rookie on the road against GS when he hit the gamewinner.