1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV] Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ItsMyFault, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Indaface

Indaface Member

I didn't realize that the guy Saul got to buy them tequila was the same guy who 's car exploded in season 1 in BB because Walt left the squeegee on his battery.

2. MystikArkitect

The Easter eggs are cool and enhance the story, they don't simply pander to BB aficionados. I for one really liked the season premiere. Didn't think he'd go back to take the job but guessing his brother will seek to sabotage this as well.

What was it about the couch that the cops found odd? Didn't catch that.

3. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

It was clearly moved bc all the stuff in front of it was gone, like a door opening, go bk and look...

4. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Yeah... I'm totally sucked in and really like it. But then i step back and think nothing happened. It's weird like that.

5. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I am ready to watch it again tonight!

[​IMG]

6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

What is up with this show? They take 2 year breaks between seasons now? I love the show, but its brutal having to wait like this. Breaking Bad, like all other shows, was consistent. This show's release schedule pisses me off

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I feel your pain and with the short seasons it is really hurting this series.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

BB had a long ass break during season 5 (or was it 4? Or both?) for no good reason.

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, there were long breaks sometimes on Breaking Bad too (especially season 1 due to writers strike and season 5 being split between 5a and 5b), but here's something a bit interesting that actually changed a lot of the entire series.. So season 1 was supposed to be 9 episodes and Pinkman was supposed to be killed but they only aired the 1st 6 of the 8 recorded episodes (and didn't make 9). This is one of the things that actually changed the whole series for the better (man, the strike really left everything in limbo too, I started the show on season 1 at about episode 5 Live), talk about delays and not even knowing if the show would return (BrBa was not even close to a household name, it's one of the few times I had to tell people to watch and it wasn't some bs, like where the person comes back and says the show sucked or "it's okay"), haha : https://tv.avclub.com/the-writers-strike-of-2007-08-changed-breaking-bad-for-1798239848

There's a yt link detailing this from panel with cast/crew in the article. I think this is Crazy, without the character Jesse in the show.... It'd have changed everything (sure his character pissed me off sometimes but he was much needed and definitely 2nd to only Walter).

11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

My bet is that the Breaking Bad movie caused the delay for Better Call Saul. If we get a great Breaking Bad movie, then saul-good-man.

biff17 and RKREBORN like this.
  12. Asian Sensation

Yeah man it’s gonna be hard to remember everything that’s happened so far and I’m not really trying to rewatch the previous season. Hurry up and roll out the new season already.

fallenphoenix and RKREBORN like this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

This.

14. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I'm still waiting for BCS S4 to get on Netflix.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

There's no longer any "network TV" pressure to pump out season after season on a calendar year basis... are "sweeps months" even still considered a thing?

In the end, if delays are needed to get everybody's personal schedules in sync so they can shoot the story (with the necessary characters) they want to shoot, I'm fine with such delays.

We know its not to "build hype"... also, I'm sure the super secret breaking bad movie occupied Gilligan's time in the interim.

16. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

17. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I love this show...can't wait...

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I can’t remember where I left off in this show. I know the court scene and I guess the last episode of whatever season that was.

19. Asian Sensation

**** this show. I don’t even remember anything it’s been so ******* long.

20. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

....still waiting...

ryan_98 and HTM like this.