1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Fox News Poll Shows Trump

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

obviously fake news.

3. TheresTheDagger

edwardc, B-Bob and No Worries like this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Overconfidence deppresed democratic turnout last election. Don't want to repeat the same mistake.

5. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Donald Trump is going to lose in 2020 in historical fashion. It's going to be embarrassing how badly he loses.

6. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Hey, remember last time how polls showed that Trump had no chance of winning, even on the day of the election? Like how ALL of the polls showed him losing? Remember that?

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Polls didn't show he had "no chance". The statisticians who used aggregate poll data determined Trump has a 15 percentage chance of winning. So basically the odds of a below average struggling hitter in the Majors getting a base hit.

Nook likes this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

So sick of having to explain how the polling wasn’t really off in 2016...

On a side note, all these democrats that believe it is a forgone conclusion that Trump loses in 2020 need to get out of their echo chambers and put down their Jamba juices.

It is going to be a very close and hotly contested race and the polls will likely fluctuate until the morning of the election.... it is also a contest where people may not be honest who they end up voting for... supporting Trump openly is not terribly popular so a lot of people may vote differently when in private.

The Democrats need to push economic issues and stay hungry.

9. Nook

Nook Member

The morning of the election with the absolute latest polling had his percentage up to 25%.... that is 1:4, it isn’t a monster upset.

RayRay10, DonnyMost and fchowd0311 like this.
  10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No. We do remember Clinton well ahead until Comey decided to send a letter to Congress a week before the election.

Of course polls don't mean anything when Trump supporters are too chicken **** to admit they're Trump supporters.

Deckard and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. WNBA

WNBA Member

Putin > your polls.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

There are people who actually support this... thing bent on ruining our country and turning it's back on democracy?

[​IMG]

13. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump will lose but definitely not by a landslide

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Uh no, I'm in the middle of a cleanse.

biff17 and Nook like this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Dummies with media derangement syndrome often confuse aggregate opinion based odds-maker crap with actual polling.

HuffPo saying "Hillary has a 98% chance based on our estimates" isn't worth a hill of beans.

Nook likes this.
  16. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Oh, I'm not a fortune teller. I just play one on this message board with Trump predictions. For all I know Trump will win. I just find it extremely unlikely. I know my friends personally have been posting less and less in defense of Trump and have been pissed off at some of his comments though I can't offer specifics at what exactly has pissed them off. I see less Russian meme videos posted running off their Playstation 4 and less hot take selfie in car videos as video suggestions on their feeds when I hangout. That's anecdotal but these were the type of closet Trump supporters he had in 2016 that have thrown in the towel.

I mean maybe it's the fact that the state of Texas has a healthcare plan for uninsured pregnant women in need of maternity care and they paid zero dollars for all the check in appointments and delivery. So maybe the thought of Medicare for all isn't such a bad idea in retrospect, having personally benefited from a medical assistance program to deliver a beautiful and healthy baby. Maybe it's the fact that times have gotten harder for them and they're now on food stamps opposed to pre-2016 when Trump was promising his base improved living conditions meanwhile, their pay has stagnated and these promises made during campaign have just been more lies. Again, to existing Trump supporters, given how often Trump lies everyday, what makes you so confident he isn't lying to you and playing you for a sucker? Has your life personally benefited from an enacted Trump policy?

For them, it hasn't and I think they feel used. They were always paycheck to paycheck so never really had enough to invest in the stock market, which I imagine if you do trade stock well, a Trump presidency has probably benefited you. It hasn't for them though. I think they've just had to take on more debt to survive as have much of the dying middle class.

I imagine that's pretty common with those closet Trump voters that may not Dem, but definitely won't show up to vote for Trump either. So I'm predicting a historical defeat for Trump in 2020. There are a lot less dachudas, BruceAndres and CoheteRojo out there than closet-Trump supporters that bought into the hype that Trump would improve their lives and be unlike every other politician like he campaigned and is just a more corrupt version of the same.

At some point you actually have to have a working functioning government or free market substitute that aides in improving the lives of American citizens, Trump supporters and non-Trump supporters alike. If his closet base isn't feeling any ease in their financial burdens in what is supposed to be a strong economy, than it doesn't matter how much he points at the DOW numbers rising. It's not benefiting his core base that put him into the Presidency. No amount of fluff lip service is going to lessen their financial burdens and everyday stresses. You need working policies and a functioning government or a better free market substitute. Neither of which Trump has offered other than scorched earth divisiveness and chaos. Instead, he just blame games for being such a loser President.

I ask this simply as a person, how can you grow if you can't recognize your own shortcomings and see where you must improve? You can't. And apparently neither can Trump. That's scary.

Deckard likes this.
  17. RayRay10

RayRay10 Houstonian

As an add-on to this, the polls were stating that Trump would lose the popular vote by 1-4%...which ended up being true...he did lose the popular vote by 2%.

Nook likes this.
  18. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

19. Nook

Nook Member

Yes a lot of people support his policies.

They believe the emphasis shouldn't be on illegal immigrants or people trying to enter the country. They believe the focus should be on helping those people born in the United States.

Many of the them are blue collar laborers and they believe that hispanics and illegals have resulted in their wages being depressed.

They believe that most of the higher paying blue collar jobs were lost as a result of NAFTA.

They believe that labor unions have in many cases not helped them, that democrats are more concerned with Ivy elites and marginal groups.

In many of these small towns they have seen their neighborhoods and small towns drastically change with manufacturing jobs gone and large amounts of hispanic people moving in and change the complexion of their towns.

You couple that with what they view as open disdain from the media and almost all of the democrats running for office and it fuels them to vote.

So you and I can say that Trump isn't the right choice and can have a litany of reasons Trump is a monster....... but it is all perspective.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Melania Trump is at home wondering why her husband was raw dogging a w**** shortly after giving birth to their special needs son...... and praying she is VD free.