1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DeMarcus Cousins suffers another possible injury

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mikol13, Aug 15, 2019.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I think hes done.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Feel bad for Boogie. Don't feel one ounce of sympathy for the Lakers.

Mazulis, Eric Riley, Plowman and 3 others like this.
  3. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I never particularly liked Boogie... just in terms of his attitude on the court and his game.

But the injuries he's now gone through for 2 years is not cool. Really sucks for him.

Randomly, I wonder if more players might take the Porzingis route going forward. Obviously Boogie's original achilles was different from the unicorn's ACL, but it is interesting that Porzingis will have not played a professional NBA regular season game for almost 20 months when the season starts. He tore his ACL on February 6th, 2018. Boogie tore his achilles just a couple weeks earlier on January 26th. Boogie returned just less than a year later. Porzingis (and the Mavs) decided to play it safe, and has effectively been rehabbing an extra 12 months, for an injury that I think classically has a shorter return timetable than an achilles.

If I'm Klay, or KD, I'm taking the full year off.

4. lionaire

lionaire Member

feelsbadman. Cucked himself signing that one year deal with GS when he could’ve signed a multi year with several teams and now it’s unlikely he’ll ever return to the court. Really hate to see it.

5. izeroi

izeroi Member

Ouch, ya he's done. What an awful injury on top of everything else he had.

6. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Seeing this news after reading his quotes about joining the Warriors being his ace up his sleeve really puts things in perspective. He gambled hardcore on himself, and lost out on literally tens (if not hundreds) of millions. Sucks to see, but that's the risk that's associated with that kind of decision.

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

luckyman76 likes this.
  8. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

And he didn't get that guaranteed championship ring.

hakeem94, Sajan and Lovemachine2000 like this.
  9. topfive

topfive CF OG

At the end of this year, Boogie will have earned about $90M in salary.

At the end of this year, Chandler Parsons (roughly 2 years older) will have earned about $127M in salary.

The difference is that Parsons signed a multiyear contract with the Grizzlies after he was injured. Cousins opted for that wimpy 1-year deal with the Warriors, although some teams would have given him a near-max contract at that point.

Mazulis, Nelly and Jontro like this.
  10. RocksMillenium

Easily in the 9 figures

Jontro and AroundTheWorld like this.
  11. RocksMillenium

Which is great, but he probably should be on pace to earn over 300 million dollars for his career. But he is one of the few injury prone player to still earn monstrous superstar money.

Jontro likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

Exactly. He could lose out on more than $200M, but at least he still made $90M. Hopefully he's smart enough to get the right people to help him grow that instead of blow it all like Antoine Walker.

Tfor3 and BigShasta like this.
  13. gotsis

gotsis Member

Really sucks. The money he left on the table will really haunt him for some time.

But hey, he is already a millionaire and accomplished more than 99% of NBA players ever do.

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Turning down that 2yr/$40M deal by NOLA after his Achilles injury was the worst mistake of his life. At the time, he viewed it as an insult which is why he wanted to **** the league by going to GS. Never make life decisions based on ego.

luckyman76, IvanLCPM, Nelly and 4 others like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Should have just taken the money from NOLA.

You played yourself Boogie.

17. Newlin

Newlin Member

Not surprised. I said a week or two ago that I expected Cousins, AD, and LeBron to all have injuries this season.

18. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Overall, can't but feel some sympathy for the guy. But being honest, he made a lot of bad decisions on and off the court.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Demarcus Cousins really hurt his reputation in Sacramento, when he was bullying a old reporter.
    Then He would've gotten the Max from Sacramento, but Vlade Divac got hired and smartly traded him to New Orleans.
    He must've lost over $100 million dollars in the last 4 years if he stayed in Sacramento.

AroundTheWorld and BigShasta like this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Really bad news for Cousins. I don’t know how he comes back from this, considering his past injury history. Only 29. I wonder how the guy that bumped knees with him is doing. Freakish injuries are part of the league, and it sucks.