1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Have you ever been sucker punched or mugged?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DaDakota, Aug 14, 2019.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I was watching my new addiction "Travels by a Narrowboat" on Amazon Prime
    and he gets mugged by sucker punch at a pub at the end of season 3.
    and it reminded me of the time I got sucker punched in the side of the head on Canal street in New Orleans.

In college we went to New Orleans for New Years for 3 straight years, it was amazing good fun, with the Suger Bowl and partying going on.

One night I was with my pals walking back to our hotel and a group of kids/teens was dancing in a doorway (or theater) and we walked by, soon I felt a nasty knock upside my head from the side, I looked that direction and the perpetrator had gone back into the crowd, so I just rubbed it and kept walking as there were only 6 of us and about 25 or so of them.

I didn't go down, but it hurt like hell for the next few days......

Anyone else ever been mugged or sucker punched? What happened?

DD

2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

In high school, I was seated at one of those long bench tables eating lunch with my friends and someone threw an apple in the air from across the cafeteria hitting me in the head! Then, one of my friends played a practical joke on me later and had a girl come up to me saying "I like the smell of your hair. Do you use apple scented shampoo?". Doh!

A heavyset Latino tried to mug me for my concert shirt at the Iron Maiden: PowerSlave concert @ The Summit. I was just walking in the lower prom corridor at the top of the seat section and he goes "Give me your shirt!" (which I was wearing my new shirt and not carrying it). I couldn't hear him so I was like "What?". And, he said it again. So, I just walked away from him. I was also with my friends so he better come at me with more than words if he wants my shirt.

#2 Surfguy, Aug 14, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
    CCity Zero and Torn n Frayed like this.
  3. Hardy Toll Road

They just hit you for no reason? Someone would've gotten knocked the fk out if I was in your shoes.

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I got suckerpunched when I was a violent teenager. We decided to get out the car and fight some big black dudes because they disrespected us as we were driving by. We got so mad we popped trunk and pulled out the bb daisy rifle. That's some stupid ****.

da_juice likes this.
  5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Yeah, it would take many perfect shots in the eye to even take one person down.

cml750 likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

cheke64 likes this.
  7. bratna8

bratna8 Member

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Playing elkins in basketball during high school. We were going through the line shaking hands and dude just popped me in the jaw. I was too startled to even react.

FranchiseBlade and Acura like this.
  9. Acura

Acura Member

OP Is out here eating straight haymakers to the dome for breakfast? You must have a thick neck. Although it’s possible you disrespected this dude earlier in the night and he knocked you back into the shadow realm so you don’t remember. I’m still impressed. What weight class are you in

10. Acura

Acura Member

Must have meant you had him frustrated during the game. If he can’t habdle it during regulation then he damn sure can’t handle it after.

dachuda86 and Astrodome like this.
  11. Acura

Acura Member

If you got out to fight someone and that guy punched you in the face then I really don’t know if that qualifies as a sucker punch. I think you just got an old fashioned beat down. I commend your use of children’s firearms though. That is classic.

12. Acura

Acura Member

Had a couple friends kick the **** out of this dude at a bassnectar concert because he was dancing with his chick, grinding all up on her. Kicked this dude in the face repeatedly after throwing him on the ground out of the blue. They didn’t stop until one of the bystanders could see a breast pop out and it was clearly a butch lesbian.. they still won’t let me talk about it

13. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

da_juice likes this.
  14. Acura

Acura Member

People like to focus on the size of a man’s chin. But it’s really all about the neck and neck strength. I think it also has to do with say you have been KOd a few times. It’s then easier and easier for your button to be pressed again. You see it a ton with pro fighters. But until you get put out for the first time I think it’s all about neck strength.

15. Buck Turgidson

Country deejays knows that I'm an outlaw
    They'd never come to see me in this dive
    Where bikers stare at cowboys who are laughing at the hippies
    Who are praying they'll get outta here alive
    The loud mouth in the corner's gettin' to me
    Talking 'bout my earrings and my hair
    I guess he ain't read the signs that say I been to prison
    Someone ought to warn him 'fore I knock him off his chair
    'Cause my long hair just can't cover up my red neck
    I've won every fight, I've ever fought
    Hey, I don't need some turkey telling me that I ain't country
    And sayin' I ain't worth the damned ol' ticket that he bought
    'Cause I can sing all them songs about Texas
    And I still do all the sad ones that I know
    They tell me, I look like Merle Haggard
    And sound a lot like David Allen Coe
    And the bar maid in the last town that we played in
    Knew the words to every song I'd wrote
    She said, Jimmy Rabbit turned her on to my last album
    Just about the time the jukebox broke
    Yeah, Jonny Cash helped me get out of prison
    Long before Rodriguez stole that goat
    I've been the Rhinestone Cowboy for so long, I can't remember
    And I can do you every song, Hank Williams ever wrote
    And I can sing all them songs about Texas
    And I still do all the sad ones that I know
    I can't help it, I look like Merle Haggard
    And I sound...a lot... like David Allen Coe
    But the country deejays, all think I'm an outlaw
    And they'd never come to see me in this dive
    Where bikers stare at cowboys who are laughing at the hippies
    Who are praying they'll get out of here alive
    The loud mouth in the corner's gettin' to me
    Talking 'bout my earrings and my hair....

cml750 likes this.
  16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I got mugged when I was six years old. I rode my bike a couple hundred yards from my house to the gas station to put air in my front tire. At the gas station this teenage dude tells me to give him my bike. I kind of laughed and then he pulled out a knife. I gave him my bike. :confused:

FranchiseBlade and Acura like this.
  17. Acura

Acura Member

No Huffy is worth dying over.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, "give me your shirt"... I Would have told the dude "sure, for $200 or you can walk your ass to the merchandise booth". Lol, that probably wouldn't help the situation but.... Iron Maiden, haha

19. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In high school a kid cut in front of me in line. I told him he was cutting. He said something like I was just standing there like a moron. I mentioned that he was now cutting in line like an *******.

I thought it was over. I turned my back to talk to my friends, and he punched me in the face. Like I others I was so shocked. I didn't even react. I ordered my food from the snack bar. I went to find him and challenge him to a fight, but it got broken up. Other kids heard about what happened, and told the kid he was an *******. He came and apologized to me. Now we're friends on Facebook.

What a happy ending.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Straight up mugged? Yes.

The BoA in Market Square, Houston, 9pm using the ATM. Gun in face, he took my wallet and her purse.